Save the Adventurers Club

Bocabear

No, the drunks were relocated along with the rest of the populace of PI somewhere else. The market for live immersive entertainment changed and PI failed to keep up.
Actually it didn't... The Adventurer's club had a hug following, people loved PI in general...unfortunately so did thugs and teens...the problems could have been overcome if they wanted to, but why bother running a bunch of nightclubs when you can make more money just being a landlord?...and that's what they did.... But don't make it sound like PI and the Adventurers Club were unpopular, because that is just not true.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Actually it didn't... The Adventurer's club had a hug following, people loved PI in general...unfortunately so did thugs and teens...the problems could have been overcome if they wanted to, but why bother running a bunch of nightclubs when you can make more money just being a landlord?...and that's what they did.... But don't make it sound like PI and the Adventurers Club were unpopular, because that is just not true.

Not popular enough to retain, if it were it would still be in operation as they would have expended capital to remediate those issues. Its gone , move on.

G00fyDad

Not popular enough to retain, if it were it would still be in operation as they would have expended capital to remediate those issues. Its gone , move on.

Not to be mean spirited here or anything but I would argue that if you do not like people reminiscing about a popular and beloved venue then you should be the one to "move on". If you think it is useless to talk about this because it is gone then why did you come into the thread?

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Not to be mean spirited here or anything but I would argue that if you do not like people reminiscing about a popular and beloved venue then you should be the one to "move on". If you think it is useless to talk about this because it is gone then why did you come into the thread?

Preoccupation with the past at this level is an unhealthy obsession that falls under Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD). its just like 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, gone never to return.

Otterhead

gone never to return.
The Club itself is gone, but its legacy keeps spreading. The Society of Explorers & Adventurers has become an important storytelling element in a lot of rides and lands, and the Skipper Canteen is filled with references and nods to the Adventurer's Club. Tiffins at DAK is its "spiritual successor", where people can tell stories about their own adventures. I doubt the Club will ever return, but it's really become legendary, which makes me happy.

G00fyDad

Preoccupation with the past at this level is an unhealthy obsession that falls under Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD). its just like 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, gone never to return.

I work in the mental health field myself and nothing said or done here even comes close to BPD. If you feel that way about it then #1, you should never talk with family about the fond memories you share. And #2, please leave the thread because we are going to continue to discuss the AC and we do not wish to cause you further alarm.

prberk

I guess historians who research and explore history enough to write books so that others might learn from it have more than a borderline personality disorder. They blew right past the disorder.

In fact, WDI, with their attention to detail and penchant for honoring the past in a glorified way must be completely out of line.

Wait a minute. The same can be said of Stephen Spielberg and George Lucas with the whole Indiana Jones thing glorifying a bygone period of adventure in obsessively detailed ways.

And before them, Walt Disney, with that place he built so that "age relives fond memories of the past..."

Damn! We are all discussing and obsessing about the hopes and dreams of a man with a personality disorder...

Disneyland-dedication-plaque.jpg

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
I work in the mental health field myself and nothing said or done here even comes close to BPD. If you feel that way about it then #1, you should never talk with family about the fond memories you share. And #2, please leave the thread because we are going to continue to discuss the AC and we do not wish to cause you further alarm.

The order taker at McDonalds works in the restaurant industry but it doesn't qualify them to be a Sous chef.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Just to be clear here, you're comparing one of the members here to a cashier at McDonalds because they work in the mental health field? You're trying really, really hard to insult as many people as possible here.

No I specifically equated working in a certain capacity in an industry does not qualify one to do any position in that industry. If I had said X is "a cashier" or is "like a cashier" that would be a direct attribution and possibly a pejorative depending on his or her qualifications.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom