Save the Adventurers Club

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Preoccupation with the past at this level is an unhealthy obsession that falls under Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD). its just like 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea, gone never to return.
At what level? The level of a short internet posting every year or so?

obsession -- an idea or thought that continually preoccupies or intrudes on a person's mind.

You know from the fact that people post messages on this thread every few months that the idea or thought is "continually" preoccupying or intruding on their mind? I admire your ability to glean such knowledge from so little data.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
At what level? The level of a short internet posting every year or so?

obsession -- an idea or thought that continually preoccupies or intrudes on a person's mind.

You know from the fact that people post messages on this thread every few months that the idea or thought is "continually" preoccupying or intruding on their mind? I admire your ability to glean such knowledge from so little data.
Conversly, we have quite enough data to label Networkpro as a bit of a, what's the word, arsehole.

Master Gracey

Original Poster
Kungaloosh Adventurers,

Well, here we are, 10 years to the night since the last time that the most secret, and often overlooked Club tradition was performed, the annual Adventurers retelling of "T'was the Night Before Christmas"! While we currently are unable to gather in in the Main Salon at midnight to hear our favorite Adventurers interpret this classic poem, let me help simulate the experience. Prepare your favorite beverage, be it egg nog, wassail, Yakoose Moose or a frosty Kungaloosh, press play, and dream and wish that one day we shall congregate in the Main Salon again as one big, adventurous family.

Have a Merry Christmas and an Adventurous New Year

DavidS1234

Thank you Sir!

Kungaloosh Adventurers,

Well, here we are, 10 years to the night since the last time that the most secret, and often overlooked Club tradition was performed, the annual Adventurers retelling of "T'was the Night Before Christmas"! While we currently are unable to gather in in the Main Salon at midnight to hear our favorite Adventurers interpret this classic poem, let me help simulate the experience. Prepare your favorite beverage, be it egg nog, wassail, Yakoose Moose or a frosty Kungaloosh, press play, and dream and wish that one day we shall congregate in the Main Salon again as one big, adventurous family.

Have a Merry Christmas and an Adventurous New Year

Master Gracey

Original Poster
10 Years...10 years ago we walked out of the most amazing attraction ever built by the Walt Disney Company for the last time. Not a day has gone by that I have not quoted a line, sang a song or thought about how much I miss Merriweather Adam Pleasure's earthbound tree house and the crazy and fantastic characters that dwelt within. One day someone will have to come along in the higher echelons of Disney that will have loved the Club as much as we all did and have enough clout to bring her back, but until then there will always be the memories. Kungaloosh!

10 Years Without The Club.jpg

JoeCamel

10 Years...10 years ago we walked out of the most amazing attraction ever built by the Walt Disney Company for the last time. Not a day has gone by that I have not quoted a line, sang a song or thought about how much I miss Merriweather Adam Pleasure's earthbound tree house and the crazy and fantastic characters that dwelt within. One day someone will have to come along in the higher echelons of Disney that will have loved the Club as much as we all did and have enough clout to bring her back, but until then there will always be the memories. Kungaloosh!

The one time I could have gone I was not drinking and didn't want to go into a bar on PI. The greeters were beckoning me to descend the stairs. I kept on walking, little did I know what I missed.....

Last edited:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Having gone on a few occasions it was truly an unique experience. I did my best to individually stuff the coffers with cash from drinks purchased but sadly on the occasions I frequented there nice crowds but low numbers of people drinking, which equates to unprofitable business.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Also, while on this topic, I wonder if any of you have encountered this.

I was at DAK a few weeks ago near one of the animal exhibits there was a group of about 7 or 8 people, in full explorer outfits and I believe they had some Adventurer's club badges. They were also singing songs where they changed some of the lyrics. I was a bit dumbfounded and didn't think to ask about them, but seemed like this is something they do often. At first I thought they were just S.E.A. enthusiasts but maybe just Adventurer's Club enthusiasts.

asianway

I was at DAK a few weeks ago near one of the animal exhibits there was a group of about 7 or 8 people, in full explorer outfits and I believe they had some Adventurer's club badges. They were also singing songs where they changed some of the lyrics. I was a bit dumbfounded and didn't think to ask about them, but seemed like this is something they do often. At first I thought they were just S.E.A. enthusiasts but maybe just Adventurer's Club enthusiasts.
Oh @Master Gracey you wouldnt know anything about that would you?

muddyrivers

I remember going with my family a few years back (at least 10 years now, wow!) and at first thinking the place was super weird. Then I started to enjoy it more and more as the night went on (I was underage so it wasn't helped by alcohol! :p). Woke up at POR the next morning, turned on the news and Disney had announced they would be closing AC :(

I am so glad my parents dragged my sister and me to Pleasure Island that night so that I could experience Comedy Warehouse and AC for what was the first and last time.

Master Gracey

Original Poster

Oh @Master Gracey you wouldnt know anything about that would you?

It is a distinct possibility you encountered Adventureland Day: The Lost Safari Party! It is a new Guest driven event (very much like Dapper Day) that started on March 4 this year with Disneyland's lead by Tiki Tony and WDW's at the Magic Kingdom lead by Charles Thatcher. The Fall event was held at Animal Kingdom with an Adventureland Challenge written and run by "Right Guard" Ian! The next event is tentatively planned for both coasts on March 3, 2019. For more details, follow this link https://www.facebook.com/adventurelandday/

Adventureland Day.jpg

ChrisFL

Premium Member
It's kinda both now, especially since they merged the lores.

I understand, but I meant I didn't see them wearing any S.E.A. stuff (which there is some now with pins and maybe some other things).

BTW if anyone wants to donate their S.E.A. pins to me, I'll be happy to receive them :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom