Save the Adventurers Club

DisneyGentleman

I know- it's just hard for me to understand- people are paying more and settling for so much less.
Appeal to the sheeple: they will pay whatever you ask, and they will endure infinite mistreatment.

It's the same reason that spam email has misspelled words - it's a way to filter out those who know better and focus on those who can be conned.

Nikki Finke refers to it as the "Big Media cartel" - just look at how they are treating the creatives these days.

Read here: http://nikkifinke.com/advisory-commentary-guild-amptp-deals-coming/

It's those same creatives who used to bring a sense of wonder to WDW.

Magenta Panther

Appeal to the sheeple: they will pay whatever you ask, and they will endure infinite mistreatment.

It's the same reason that spam email has misspelled words - it's a way to filter out those who know better and focus on those who can be conned.

Nikki Finke refers to it as the "Big Media cartel" - just look at how they are treating the creatives these days.

Read here: http://nikkifinke.com/advisory-commentary-guild-amptp-deals-coming/

It's those same creatives who used to bring a sense of wonder to WDW.

I have a friend who helps program video games, and he once told me about all the unpaid overtime he and motion-picture animators are expected to do. It's disgusting. And then they're frequently laid off between game constructs and movies. Tough way to make a living. And they're TALENTED. But the big money boys seem to consider them interchangeable and easily replaced. :p

Brian Noble

That's because they are easily replaced. Right now, CS one of *the* most popular majors. Easily 1/3 of those people "want to get into video games." There is a LOT of talent ready, willing, and able to go into that field, compensation-be-darned.

71jason

Aic14.jpg

Adventures in Charity update: Tickets are still available, and some back-of-the-house seats have opened up for just $12! Join us as over a dozen former Adventurers Club performers reunite for a night of live comedy--recently added to the cast, fan-favorite Angela "Sugar Snap" Napoleon! All proceeds go to charities chosen by the actors. Kungaloosh!!!

danpam1024

View attachment 64023

Adventures in Charity update: Tickets are still available, and some back-of-the-house seats have opened up for just $12! Join us as over a dozen former Adventurers Club performers reunite for a night of live comedy--recently added to the cast, fan-favorite Angela "Sugar Snap" Napoleon! All proceeds go to charities chosen by the actors. Kungaloosh!!!
I soooo wish I could go! Oh the memories :)
I know it's probably been mentioned in dozens of threads, but what is happening to the building during the DS re-vamp of PI?

71jason

I know it's probably been mentioned in dozens of threads, but what is happening to the building during the DS re-vamp of PI?

Nothing official, but a year ago or more there was concept art of it as a train-themed restaurant. Would make sense with the Boathouse and the Hanger, not to mention the abandoned train trestles by Starbucks.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member

John

Really! I wouldn't buy any of these.....period! Do I like them? Hell yea.....but no way will they make a dime off of me for something like this. Oh, and yes they are still calling the area that used to be PI......PI.

BrerJon

I think he meant Maelstrom.

So conflicted over those shirts. They're great shirts and I'd buy both, but do I really want to give PI money to them after the way they treated the fans? On the other hand, does buying that stuff make a point that they threw away something amazing, and perhaps should look into building some new themed nightlife entertainment?

Or worse, does it just give them an excuse to close more stuff down as they know they can make money from retro-merchandise a few years later?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom