Trip Report Sage's First Magical Trip!

Hi everyone! I am so excited to finally be writing my trip report! The Christmas hustle & bustle has just been crazy since we got back and I'm still struggling to catch up!! We just had the most wonderous, glorious, magical, Disney trip! This trip was myself, my husband, and our daughter Sage. Sage was just a few weeks shy of her 4th birthday for this trip. We were there from Saturday 11/29 through Sunday 12/7. My husband Nick and I have been twice together prior to having Sage, once in 2008 and once in 2009, but this was her first trip!!
A little bit of back story- I work as a dance teacher and as a nanny so I am with little kids (especially girls) all day long. I see the change in girls around when they go to Kindergarten, they start to lose that 'everything is magical' , princess loving attitude and are much more influenced by older kids/shows/products. After Sage was born, I told my husband it was super, super important to me that we make it to Disney before her 5th birthday. I just really wanted to experience a magical trip through her eyes. We went through a bit of a financial struggle right after she was born (we have terrible health insurance and the bills we got from my pregnancy, labor and delivery were unbelievable) but we worked really hard to save for this trip. This trip was literally, five years in the making.
Finally, last March, we officially booked our trip. I had always wanted to go around Christmas time to see the decorations and special offerings so picking our dates was easy. The hubs only request, that we stay on budget as much as possible! I really wanted to stay at Art of Animation in a Little Mermaid room but, hubs said no, so, in an effort to save some money, we went with Pop Century.
Another way we tried to save money was by packing our own food from home. I packed bread (in a shoe box so it wouldn't get crushed), PB & J, Nutella, granola bars, dried fruit & nuts, small cereal boxes, juice, drink mix ins and tons of snacks. I also bought us all Hydro Flask water bottles so we could pack our own icy cold drinks every day. And, once again with our budget in mind, we left SUPER early on our arrival day, because that flight was the cheapest. Which brings me to.....

Saturday 11/29: Day 1
Our flight was leaving Providence at 6:05am (!) We let Sage travel in her PJs so we literally rolled her out of bed and into the car. We thought we gave ourselves plenty of time but the airport was surprisingly busy. We waited for quite a while both checking our bags and going through security. We had a mid B boarding pass for Southwest, but when we got to the gate, they had already loaded A's and B's and were almost on the C's. We basically ran (well fast walked) from security straight onto the plane. Thankfully, we found 3 seats together.
This was Sage's 1st flight and she handled it like a pro. I had bought lots of small toys, crafts, books etc at the dollar store and walmart before we left, both for the plane and for waiting in line. My mom also bought her a Kindle Fire for her birthday and gave it to her before we left. So she had books and games on there too. She never once complained or whined and just happily played. So that was a relief!
10424288_902293353115599_8248091888950438798_n.jpg

We actually landed a few minutes early, which is always awesome! Everyone has this picture, right? :)
photo 1.JPG

Even though we were taking the Magical Express, we decided to get our bags ourselves. I just knew that if I had a certain outfit for Sage in our carry on, once we got to the hotel, she would suddenly change her mind and insist on something else. I'm sure anyone with a 3 year old understands :) Now, getting our bags, and getting to the Magical Express was ridonkulous. Longest walk ever. Tram rides, down escalators, up elevators. All while pushing Sage in a stroller, carrying 3 carry ons and eventually, pulling 3 big suitcases. Holy cow. We were exhausted.

So, we finally get to Pop Century a little before 11am (not bad at all!!) Stepping off the bus onto Disney property is just the best feeling ever. The Pop Century cast members were blowing bubbles and waving their giant Mickey hands. Everyone was so friendly and happy. I got in the check in line, Nick wandered a little with Sage. I was super excited to get the exact location I requested, 50's building, lake side. Look at our gorgeous view-
IMG_9210.JPG

Sage was so excited to check out our comfy beds!
IMG_9206.JPG

I will talk more about my overall Pop thoughts later, but I have to say, we LOVED it!!! It's so beautiful. The grounds, the attention to detail, the larger than life statues. So welcoming and kid friendly. The pools are gorgeous. I miss Pop Century....
So, we got Sage dressed (finally) and first off, we needed food!!! We had left our house around 4:30am, thinking we would have plenty of time to grab some Dunks at the airport but with all the rushing, we had no extra time at all. So here it was 11am, and the only thing we had eaten was the pretzels on the plane! So we made our way to the food court.
Stopped to see Lady
IMG_9214.JPG

So our room was actually in the building behind Tramp and sadly, I never got a picture of him! So weird too, cause I take pictures of everything :) Every morning walking to the elevator we would say good morning to Tramp's butt. And then good night to Tramp's butt on our way back. So sad I never got a picture!

Sage with the Pop Christmas Tree
IMG_9215.JPG

So we got our lunch, and our refillable mugs and then went back up to the room. I unpacked our stuff and then the plan was to rest, but crazy enough, our FP times were fast approaching so we pretty much had to get ready to go. We were planning on heading to MK that day. We knew it would be busy, being the Saturday after Thanksgiving, but Sage of course really wanted to go there first. Our 3 FPs were for Splash, Thunder (Sage's picks, she wanted to ride them first!) and Haunted Mansion (my pick since it would be closed the rest of our trip). My goal was the accomplish those 3 things, see the parade, meet Tiana, and maybe do one other thing in the Frontierland/Liberty Square area.
So before we left, we had to do a few things with our tickets. It's kind of confusing but basically, we bought a 6 day base ticket for each of us. We have a family member who works for ESPN and he was able to get each of us a one day park hopper. My husband works for CBS and he was able to get two 1-day media passes. So, myself and Nick had a total of 8 days but Sage only had 7. So we had to add an extra day to her ticket, and we also had to assign the hopper pass to the last day of our trip. We were told we could do that either at guest relations in any park or at the hotel concierge. The line for the concierge was so, so long and of course, they had no clue how to do what we needed.
So, we went out to the bus stop as luck would have it, the MK bus took FOREVER. I forget what time it was, but I remember I was really nervous we wouldn't have time to do our ticket business and make our first FP time. I wanted to do the ticket stuff first because I didn't want our band to use the hopper ticket on our first day when I knew we would not be hopping.
So, I got on my phone to try and change our FP times. A note that I discovered at this time, the Disney wifi would only work in our room at Pop Century. I tried many times throughout the week to use it at the bus stop, and in the parks and it NEVER worked. So frustrating. Also frustrating, I wish there was an option to bump all 3 FPs back by one hour. I couldn't move our Splash FP without first moving the other 2. I was able to bump back HM, but there were no times left for BTMR before like 9pm. So, I had to keep all 3 of our original times.
So, we finally get to MK (yay!!) and the guest services line is like a mile long. There's no way we would make our 1st FP if we waited. So we had to risk it, and enter the park.

Gorgeous!!
IMG_9218.JPG

I had a plan to surprise Sage the first time she saw Cinderella's castle. So Nick went in a little ahead of us, I carried Sage, covering her eyes. Once we were on Main St, I uncovered eyes to reveal the castle. Nick took a video so here is a screen grab from it
photo 3.JPG

Awesome right? We were jumping up and down screaming, we're here, we're here! We finally made it!!!! It was all so surreal. The entire trip was actually. I had literally been planning this trip, financially, in my mind, on paper, for five years. It was so strange that it was actually HERE. If that makes sense :)
I'll add more in a little bit!

Last edited:

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
IMG_0162.JPG
IMG_0165.JPG

We all LOVED the parade!! Seeing both this parade, and the opening show that morning, really made me miss seeing them at the other parks. On our last trip, all 4 parks had opening shows and 3 out of 4 parks had a parade. It really just completes the experience. And Sage really loved them!
As the parade was ending, it started pouring again. We were done with everything I had planned and we asked Sage if she wanted to try and do anything else. We suggest BTMR or Splash, since we only rode them once each our very first day. She didn't want to ride either though and said she was tired and wanted to leave. So that was a bit of a bummer. It had been a long day though. We arrived at about 7:30 for the 8am opening and had accomplished quite a bit. So I was happy!
Once back at Pop, Sage wanted to swim again but sadly, the rain never really stopped.
While eating down in the food court that night, I bumped into a friend of mine from home :) We knew she would be there and were hoping to meet up. She arrived with her family late on the Wednesday night of our trip and was staying til the following Tuesday. Our last full day was tomorrow and we left it open so Sage could choose where she wanted to spend our last day. She really loved Animal Kingdom and had been talking about it all week, so we told my friend we would be returning there tomorrow. They were also planning an AK day so we were hoping to meet up at some point!

kimberlymautz

Your trip report is making me excited to bring my 3 year old (she'll be four when we go) to Disney in September!

It sucks you hit some bumps, but overall Sage looks like she had a good time!

Courtney6682

Wednesday 12/3: Day 5
This was our Epcot day! We had a lunch reservation/ticket combo for the 5pm Candlelight Processional. Since we needed Sage to make it til at least then, we decided to start our day a little later. We got to Epcot at about 9:45.

We then went over to Soarin', our 2nd FP. Sage was nervous, again, but thankfully this time, she LOVED it!!! She loved that you could smell the oranges, and the forest, and she loved flying over Disney at the end. This was definitely a highlight of the trip for us. As fun as it is riding Small World over and over, it was nice to finally enjoy a big ride all together :)

Amen to that sister!! When my daughter Brooklyn was 3 back in 2003 I made her go on all the Mountains and Test Track I was sooooo tired of not being able to go on anything other than teacups and small world lol...thankfully she LOVEDD all the rides and has been an adrenaline junkie ever since...she'll be 15 in 3 weeks and has been begging to go sky diving...I keep telling her when I'm dead;)

mrdrift

What a wonderful report. All of the pictures of Sage reminds me of my trips when my kids were her age. The parade pictures turned out really beautiful. Following along.

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
Amen to that sister!! When my daughter Brooklyn was 3 back in 2003 I made her go on all the Mountains and Test Track I was sooooo tired of not being able to go on anything other than teacups and small world lol...thankfully she LOVEDD all the rides and has been an adrenaline junkie ever since...she'll be 15 in 3 weeks and has been begging to go sky diving...I keep telling her when I'm dead;)

Haha! I love rides but I would never sky dive! You'd have to pay me like, a million dollars :) One of the reasons we encouraged Sage to try everything was so that she didn't become afraid of things (we think) unnecessarily. My mom is a big chicken when it comes to rides (she wouldn't even do Soarin') and when we told her everything Sage was tall enough for she would say things like, aren't you afraid, I would be so nervous. Sage wasn't really afraid because she didn't know to be. If she saw that Nick and I loved them, we were hoping she would go into it thinking, this is going to be awesome. Sure, she was nervous and a little apprehensive but she was never so scared that she was crying or saying no no no over and over. If she was, we would obviously never force her. And like I said with Soarin, she ended up loving it!

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
Saturday 12/6: Day 8
Our last full day :(

We did not have anything planned for our last day so we could go back and do anything we missed, or anything Sage wanted to do again. She had been talking about Animal Kingdom all week and couldn't wait to go back! We actually had a one day hopper saved to this day so we told her we go to two parks if she wanted but nope, all AK, all day :) We didn't bother with any FPs. We knew we would hit up the Safari first, and could use single rider for Everest so we didn't think we would really need it.

We arrived a little before the 9am opening
photo 1 (2).JPG

Oh, see how she is holding her right arm out? She's showing off her Simba tattoo! On our first DHS day earlier in the week, they had this little tattoo cart set up over near Muppet Vision and she just had to have one. Because of her love of Animal Kingdom the day before, she chose Simba. It was 7 bucks but so worth it! The characters all made such a big deal out of it, always pointing it out and saying (or showing) how much they loved it. And it lasted FOREVER! We got it on Dec 1st and after many tubs (and a few dips in the pool) it was still on on December 19th- the day she had her 4 year old pictures scheduled. So we finally took it off that day.

Anyways, first stop- Safari! Awesome again, just like our first ride!
IMG_0171.JPG
IMG_0174.JPG
IMG_0177.JPG
IMG_0183.JPG

This was so funny- the animal on the right was slowly walking down the middle of the road, right in front of our jeep. Our driver was like, thats right buddy- take your time. We followed him, at a crawl, for a minute or so :)

IMG_0187.JPG

Our driver said we couldn't stop in front of the cheetahs because they had recently introduced a new cheetah to the habitat and he (or she, can't remember) was still getting used to its surroundings; so hence the blurry picture.

After the safari, Sage wanted to go back over to Rafiki's Planet watch and meet Rafiki again!
When we got there, Rafiki wasn't out yet so we walked around inside, looking at all the exhibits (we kind of skipped them the first day). Sage loved all the little critters! And, we saw a bunny getting her ears cleaned in the operating room!
Then, time for Rafiki!
I am SO BUMMED this picture came out a little blurry! :( My camera stinks.
IMG_0199.JPG

We met Chip & Dale again, and walked through the barn yard again.
We hopped the train back and started walking towards the Marahjah Jungle Trek, since we missed it our first day. Somewhere along the way (I can't remember where now!) we saw these cute guys. I think it might have been on that path that goes around the tree, like where Pocahontas is
IMG_0207.JPG

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
Some pictures from our wonderful Jungle Trek
IMG_0210.JPG
IMG_0211.JPG
IMG_0213.JPG

So sleepy!

IMG_0216.JPG
IMG_0218.JPG
IMG_0223.JPG

This bird was so cool! So hard to get a good picture though.
After our Jungle Trek, we went over to Flights of Wonder. I think I may have seen this once back in 2007 on a trip I took with my mom but I couldn't remember. On the next two trips with Nick, we always seemed to miss this show! So it was a priority this day. So glad we saw it, it was so amazing! Nick and I were so impressed with the way the bird were trained. Hard to believe you can train a bird! Sage was very entertained as well.
I didn't take a whole lot of pictures, mainly because they were coming out blurry because of all the constant movement.
IMG_0231.JPG
IMG_0232.JPG
IMG_0233.JPG

I believe after the show we stopped for lunch. We chose the quick service part of Yak and Yeti. This was definitely our best counter service meal of the trip! We got the honey chicken and Korean BBQ chicken (both came with rice and veggies) and an order of egg rolls. Even though they had kid choices, Sage insisted on just having the snacks I packed her, I think peanut butter cracks and a squeeze applesauce. This is exactly why I packed stuff from home. Kids are so unpredictable with their eating habits. There are some days she'll eat 3 cheese its and lick the peanut butter off some toast and say she's full :) It was such a money saver to pack our own stuff.
I had also packed us drinks so for $25 bucks, Nick and I had a delicious lunch! Both entrees, as well as the egg rolls, were so so good. I'd so much rather pay 25 bucks for this than burgers and fries. Highly recommended!

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
Sage next wanted to go back over to the boneyard. She loves it there! She played in the slide area, Nick & I took turns following her around.
photo 2 (2).JPG

After our lunch had time to settle, we decided to take turns on Everest. Nick went first, Sage and I played a little more in the boneyard, then went over to TriceraTop Spin. I think we rode twice, maybe three times. Sage loves a good spinner!
Nick came back and took Sage to the dig site, and I went to ride Everest.
After I rode, Nick and Sage met me in that area. I honestly can't remember why! I know we got Sage an ice cream. And since the single rider line was so short, Nick and I took turns on Everest again while Sage ate her ice cream.
I think we went back to Dinoland after that for the dance party. I was upset a while back when AK cancelled their parade so this dance party was a must do for us!

It was SO FUN! Sage had the best time. It was so hot that day, the hottest of our trip, close to 80 and very humid. Those characters though were dancing like crazy! I can't believe they didn't pass out. I imagine the summers are way worse. Sage was so excited to see Meeko from Pocahontas. I don't think she's ever even seen the whole movie but she has a Pocahontas doll that has a little Meeko stuffed animal with it. She plays with the little Meeko all the time so she was so excited to meet him!
IMG_0234.JPG

Look mom- Meeko!

IMG_0238.JPG
IMG_0240.JPG
IMG_0242.JPG
IMG_0245.JPG
photo (1).JPG

That last picture is my fav :) We also got some great video!

Poor Meeko- Sage would not leave him alone! She was following him all around, grabbing his hands. Some of the songs the characters would just free style but other times, they had choreographed moves (like the Cha Cha Slide) Sage would get so upset when Meeko would try to move away from her to join in with a choreographed dance.
A few other characters that were there (that Sage had no interest in!)
photo 1 (3).JPG
photo 2 (3).JPG

I know after the dance party we left, I want to say it was about 4. I didn't take as many pictures on this day so I can't remember if we did anything else throughout the day. I know we were there from 9 til 4ish (at least, it might have even been later). Nick and I were talking on the way out about what an under rated park AK is. People love to complain that its a half day park, but we spent two full days there, one day 9-6 and one day 9-4 and there were things we didn't even do. We skipped Dinosaur even though I love it, because we knew Sage wouldn't like it. We skipped Tough to be a Bug (because I hate it! It freaks me out!), we skipped a lot of the smaller animal exhibits. We skipped Primeval Whirl because Sage wasn't tall enough. We skipped Kali, mainly because I hate it because you get drenched (like take a shower with your clothes on drenched). We skipped a bunch of characters. But yeah, it's a half day park :) If its a half day park in your mind- its because you're only doing half the stuff!!!
Nick and I agreed the shows are all amazing (Nemo, Lion King, Flights of Wonder), Everest is one of our top coasters, the Safari is amazing, plus its so fun for little kids! The boneyard, dig site, TriceraTop Spin, dance party. We were just loving Animal Kingdom when all was said and done!

Last edited:

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
Several times throughout the day my friend and I did text each other back and forth, hoping to meet up. We just couldn't match our schedules up though! They had FP times they had to stick to, plus, she said her daughter was dragging after a late night the night before. So that was stinky! I didn't think of it til we were leaving but it would have been awesome if she could have watched Sage so Nick and I could have ridden Everest together, and then obviously we could have done the same for her. Oh well!

So as we are leaving, we get on the bus, and who gets on a minute after us- my friend and her family! It was so nice to chat with her while riding back. Her and her husband have 2 kids, a 5 year old girl and 9 month old boy. They were having the best time so it was so fun to swap stories.
Her only complaint was that she had purchased Memory Maker before they came and she said she was really disappointed with how long the photo pass lines were. This is something I can absolutely agree with! We did not purchase Memory Maker, mainly because I never really saw the point. The photopass person will always take a picture with your camera as well. And my friend was right, the lines were so long, sometimes 10 families deep. After waiting in line for rides, shows, characters, food, bathrooms, etc, theres no way we could have also waited in line for photos. At least not enough to get our monies worth.
When we got home I looked at our photopass pictures online and in many cases, the photos on my camera were better anyways. There were many on the photopass where Sage wasn't looking, wasn't smiling, there were some of the wrong family. We only had 2 or 3 on ride photos but Sage is so small, we couldn't even see her. She was always blocked by someone with their arms up. Plus, some of our favorite experiences (like the Disney Jr Breakfast) didn't even have photopass.
I remember getting some really cute photos a few years ago where they would add in characters, us holding Tinker Bell or Baby Simba. There was only one like that this time. On our Epcot day we got our photo taken in front of Spaceship Earth, where the topiaries are. There were 4 or 5 family pictures, all very nice, and one of Sage with her eyes closed. They put Olaf in the eyes closed picture! Why?!? So silly. Anyways, I'm so glad we didn't purchase memory maker!

After we got back to Pop, it was still crazy hot so we went down to the pool. Once again, kiddie pool first, then hippie dippie pool! My friend and her family joined us as well. It was such a nice way to end our trip!

Sunday 12/7: Day 8
Departure Day :(

Not a whole lot to report. Took the Magical Express to the airport. Went home. Booooooooooo
Sage shockingly fell asleep for most of the flight
photo 1 (4).JPG

The flight attendant literally laughed in my face when I asked for a pillow. Seriously, laughed and said, we don't have pillows! Since when? Seemed like a perfectly acceptable question.

It was freezing when got home, like 20 degrees (home is Massachusetts). The next day, Monday, was even colder. We got an ice storm overnight Monday into Tuesday so Sage had a two hour delay going back to school. We we were both just miserable. It was just the worst thing to come home to. It made me miss the warmth and sunshine so much. Its weird too, on our previous pre-Sage trips, I always felt like I could stay forever. Like I could stay in Disney for weeks and never miss home. This trip though, even though I was sad to leave, I felt ready. It was exhausting doing a Disney trip with Sage! It takes so much more time and effort. So part of me was ready to go home. Plus we had Sage's birthday coming up the following weekend, and then of course Christmas. So there was a lot to look forward to. When we got home though I just couldn't get back into the swing of things. I was seriously sad, near tears as I was out in the 20 degree weather. Sage had a tough time going back to school too. We just missed Disney so much! Even the day we were leaving, she kept saying, I don't want to leave! Let's stay a few more days!
I will say though, that it felt like we were there the perfect amount of time. Sure there was a lot we missed, but we accomplished quite a bit.

Two last little tidbits-
Before we left I saw some pictures online of all the amazing holiday themed caramel apples. Caramel apples are one of my all time favorite snacks and I knew I just had to have one. I even took a picture of the goodness one day:
IMG_0080.JPG

I knew I couldn't eat the whole thing all at once and I knew I didn't want to carry it around all day (I was afraid it would melt). So every time I saw them I thought, I have to remember to buy one on the way out. Of course, I always forgot and I never got one :(
When we got home, Nick could tell I was having a hard time adjusting to being back home so one day at work he called all around until he found a place that made custom caramel apples. He bought me one and surprised me with it that night! I am not a huge chocolate fan, I like it in small amounts but I LOVE caramel. I also love jelly beans so he got me an apple with caramel and jelly beans. It sounds like a funky combination but it was actually so delicious!
photo 2 (4).JPG

I'll admit, it did make me feel a little better :)

Tidbit two, before we left, I read an article about ways to remember your Disney vacation. One idea was to have everyone in the family write down their favorite part of each day. I bought little note cards before we left, and every night we each wrote what our favorite thing that day was (Sage told us what to write for her obviously). When we got home, I put them all in a glass jar and put it on our mantle with our other Christmas decorations. I figure each year we'll take it out with the Christmas stuff and it'll be fun to read what we wrote :)
10854354_848708045168988_2700914393991747584_o.jpg

So I guess that's it for now! If I think of anything else, I'll add it in! Thanks for reading about Sage's First (but definitely not last!) Magical Trip!

Last edited:

mrdrift

Thank you for sharing your family magical trip with all of us. All of the pictures were able to bring great detaill to the report. It's always sad when you leave Disney to go home, but boy did you go home to some very cold weather! Stay warm:D

smk

Thanks for the lovely report! And...IF I ever have desert alone at BOG and order just water I will be very careful not to mistake the cups, unattended, to be an invitation to help myself to a cup of coffee or a hot chocolate. Water, strictly water. :jawdrop: :hilarious:

DisneyDreamer08

Original Poster
Thanks for the lovely report! And...IF I ever have desert alone at BOG and order just water I will be very careful not to mistake the cups, unattended, to be an invitation to help myself to a cup of coffee or a hot chocolate. Water, strictly water. :jawdrop: :hilarious:

hehe so silly right? And its not like they gave us cups and said, help yourself to water. When I asked for our water, they told us to go up to the drink station, where all the cups were waiting, and to help ourselves. So technically, if you wanted to be super sneaky, you could order one drink for your whole family and let everyone get their own cups and drinks once inside. I am shocked they do it like this. So easy to take advantage if you really wanted to!

LisaBelle

Several times throughout the day my friend and I did text each other back and forth, hoping to meet up. We just couldn't match our schedules up though! They had FP times they had to stick to, plus, she said her daughter was dragging after a late night the night before. So that was stinky! I didn't think of it til we were leaving but it would have been awesome if she could have watched Sage so Nick and I could have ridden Everest together, and then obviously we could have done the same for her. Oh well!

So as we are leaving, we get on the bus, and who gets on a minute after us- my friend and her family! It was so nice to chat with her while riding back. Her and her husband have 2 kids, a 5 year old girl and 9 month old boy. They were having the best time so it was so fun to swap stories.
Her only complaint was that she had purchased Memory Maker before they came and she said she was really disappointed with how long the photo pass lines were. This is something I can absolutely agree with! We did not purchase Memory Maker, mainly because I never really saw the point. The photopass person will always take a picture with your camera as well. And my friend was right, the lines were so long, sometimes 10 families deep. After waiting in line for rides, shows, characters, food, bathrooms, etc, theres no way we could have also waited in line for photos. At least not enough to get our monies worth.
When we got home I looked at our photopass pictures online and in many cases, the photos on my camera were better anyways. There were many on the photopass where Sage wasn't looking, wasn't smiling, there were some of the wrong family. We only had 2 or 3 on ride photos but Sage is so small, we couldn't even see her. She was always blocked by someone with their arms up. Plus, some of our favorite experiences (like the Disney Jr Breakfast) didn't even have photopass.
I remember getting some really cute photos a few years ago where they would add in characters, us holding Tinker Bell or Baby Simba. There was only one like that this time. On our Epcot day we got our photo taken in front of Spaceship Earth, where the topiaries are. There were 4 or 5 family pictures, all very nice, and one of Sage with her eyes closed. They put Olaf in the eyes closed picture! Why?!? So silly. Anyways, I'm so glad we didn't purchase memory maker!

After we got back to Pop, it was still crazy hot so we went down to the pool. Once again, kiddie pool first, then hippie dippie pool! My friend and her family joined us as well. It was such a nice way to end our trip!

Sunday 12/7: Day 8
Departure Day :(

Not a whole lot to report. Took the Magical Express to the airport. Went home. Booooooooooo
Sage shockingly fell asleep for most of the flight
View attachment 78750

The flight attendant literally laughed in my face when I asked for a pillow. Seriously, laughed and said, we don't have pillows! Since when? Seemed like a perfectly acceptable question.

It was freezing when got home, like 20 degrees (home is Massachusetts). The next day, Monday, was even colder. We got an ice storm overnight Monday into Tuesday so Sage had a two hour delay going back to school. We we were both just miserable. It was just the worst thing to come home to. It made me miss the warmth and sunshine so much. Its weird too, on our previous pre-Sage trips, I always felt like I could stay forever. Like I could stay in Disney for weeks and never miss home. This trip though, even though I was sad to leave, I felt ready. It was exhausting doing a Disney trip with Sage! It takes so much more time and effort. So part of me was ready to go home. Plus we had Sage's birthday coming up the following weekend, and then of course Christmas. So there was a lot to look forward to. When we got home though I just couldn't get back into the swing of things. I was seriously sad, near tears as I was out in the 20 degree weather. Sage had a tough time going back to school too. We just missed Disney so much! Even the day we were leaving, she kept saying, I don't want to leave! Let's stay a few more days!
I will say though, that it felt like we were there the perfect amount of time. Sure there was a lot we missed, but we accomplished quite a bit.

Two last little tidbits-
Before we left I saw some pictures online of all the amazing holiday themed caramel apples. Caramel apples are one of my all time favorite snacks and I knew I just had to have one. I even took a picture of the goodness one day:
View attachment 78751

I knew I couldn't eat the whole thing all at once and I knew I didn't want to carry it around all day (I was afraid it would melt). So every time I saw them I thought, I have to remember to buy one on the way out. Of course, I always forgot and I never got one :(
When we got home, Nick could tell I was having a hard time adjusting to being back home so one day at work he called all around until he found a place that made custom caramel apples. He bought me one and surprised me with it that night! I am not a huge chocolate fan, I like it in small amounts but I LOVE caramel. I also love jelly beans so he got me an apple with caramel and jelly beans. It sounds like a funky combination but it was actually so delicious!
View attachment 78752

I'll admit, it did make me feel a little better :)

Tidbit two, before we left, I read an article about ways to remember your Disney vacation. One idea was to have everyone in the family write down their favorite part of each day. I bought little note cards before we left, and every night we each wrote what our favorite thing that day was (Sage told us what to write for her obviously). When we got home, I put them all in a glass jar and put it on our mantle with our other Christmas decorations. I figure each year we'll take it out with the Christmas stuff and it'll be fun to read what we wrote :)
View attachment 78755

So I guess that's it for now! If I think of anything else, I'll add it in! Thanks for reading about Sage's First (but definitely not last!) Magical Trip!

So nice of your husband to get that caramel apple for you. Love the idea of writing down your favorite thing from each day of your trip. I will have to remember that for future trips. I enjoyed your report. Glad you all had such a wonderful time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom