Safety Raid at DLR. Could it happen here?

RSoxNo1

Hell on paper it beats MK IMO.
I don't disagree, but that's a harder argument to make. My personal ranking of stateside parks is as follows (this is purely based on preference):
1. Animal Kingdom
2. Disneyland
3. California Adventure
4. Magic Kingdom
5. Hollywood Studios
6. Epcot

Scuttle

I don't disagree, but that's a harder argument to make. My personal ranking of stateside parks is as follows (this is purely based on preference):
1. Animal Kingdom
2. Disneyland
3. California Adventure
4. Magic Kingdom
5. Hollywood Studios
6. Epcot
With you all the way with DAK. I love that park. Asia/Afrca are two of the best themed areas in all of WDW.

It is a harder argument to make mainly because of Pirates and Mansion.

It's preference I guess. If you like classics filled with AA's you'll give the edge to MK, but if you want modern super headliners DCA is the place.

RSoxNo1

With you all the way with DAK. I love that park. Asia/Afrca are two of the best themed areas in all of WDW.

It is a harder argument to make mainly because of Pirates and Mansion.

It's preference I guess. If you like classics filled with AA's you'll give the edge to MK, but if you want modern super headliners DCA is the place.
I think a very reasonable argument can be made that would be Magic Kingdom ahead of DCA. Perhaps it's my increasing dissatisfaction with Florida vs. California that leads to my preference. I suppose that gun to my head, if I had to chose one park over the other I may chose Magic Kingdom over DCA.

TP2000

One of the more telling things here is what Al describes as the "razor thin" margin for capacity that's at the WDW resort.... It's reasonable to say that the DCA attraction lineup is far superior than any Disney World park except Magic Kingdom.

Quite true. The attraction lineup between Disney World and Disneyland Resort is neck-and-neck right now, with Anaheim currently edging out Orlando by a hair currently just based on freshness and "new!" stuff. DCA's dramatic turnaround in the last two years is the biggest piece of that.

It's fascinating Disney has allowed those two properties to get to this point, with massive WDW having the same amount of rides as tiny DLR, but there it is.

What's even more fascinating is.... what's next for both properties? Who gets the next big ride, DHS or DCA or Disneyland Park? And isn't it funny no one is even talking about Avatarland any more. :rolleyes:

Hoop Raeb

Formerly known as...
I don't think Al is talking about cohesiveness or likability, it's all about capacity. Close Soarin at Epcot and there's not enough left to do in the park for that additional capacity. We've been saying it for years, all the Florida parks need more E-tickets for a higher capacity margin.

RSoxNo1

I don't think Al is talking about cohesiveness or likability, it's all about capacity. Close Soarin at Epcot and there's not enough left to do in the park for that additional capacity. We've been saying it for years, all the Florida parks need more E-tickets for a higher capacity margin.
Likeability certainly factors into it. Epcot has plenty of capacity, but the demand for much of that capacity is nowhere near that of Soarin' or Test Track.

Replacing Imagination or Ellen's Energy Adventure with more desireable attractions, even attractions with lower capacity would likely be beneficial to that park.

If you look at the changes to that park, most of them have resulted in capacity decreasing. Epcot was a rare park (in today's modern Disney) that could be considered overbuilt at the beginning.

Nubs70

It is my belief that DCA shut down the rides voluntarily in order to fix the DOSH issues before DCA was slapped with a consent decree.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom