Safari Changes

Liverstealer

Original Poster
So you can say goodbye to Ms. Catherine Jobson and say hello to an extra row of seats in the safari trucks. Warden Wilson will also trade in his plane for a rugged jeep.

twirl2378

I also heard back in early January that they are rewriting some of the script. I heard it from my friend who works as a driver on ride.
I think it just might be cast member rumors but maybe someone who also works on the ride can confirm the rumor ( I know plenty of you will probably just agree it's a rumor). I'll just wait to see the next time I go on.

sillyspook13

That's been a rumor for a while there, but recently they did test a truck with an extra row, and some friends who work over there have said that they are expecting a new script "within the next few months."

I've heard that this either a) will happen by summer or b) is an old rumor that refuses to die.

Liverstealer

Original Poster
my source is that I sometimes work at DAK and it's pretty common knowledge to the safari operations team that it's going to happen. The prototype truck is out in plain view with the extra seats. Problem is, none of the docks can accomodate it yet.

CarlHS

Rode it yesterday, none of these changes were in effect as of yet, but the cheetas have a new rock area to perch on...

BTW, has anyone ever seen the mandrills? I've ridden 100s of times and never once saw them...

teebin

Rode it yesterday, none of these changes were in effect as of yet, but the cheetas have a new rock area to perch on...

BTW, has anyone ever seen the mandrills? I've ridden 100s of times and never once saw them...

Which part of the ride do the cheetas appear? Are they a new addition? Did they construct an entire rock and moat much like that for the lions only recently?

SewIn2Disney

So you can say goodbye to Ms. Catherine Jobson and say hello to an extra row of seats in the safari trucks. Warden Wilson will also trade in his plane for a rugged jeep.
There already is a rugged Jeep at the end, with the elephant. And, nothing is more rugged then my Jeep (see avatar)

dxwwf3

Sadly it seems the original message of the 1998 AK is fading away. I will certainly miss the conservation theme and the KS storyline, however it's not like they're completely taking out the animals and replacing them with Nemo, Stitch, and Pooh. So things could certainly be worse :)

Nut4Disney

It was reported a couple of weeks ago on Mouseplanet I believe. I believe it said the changes were to take place by Apr 1. It had not changed at all as of last week when I was there.

aaron2525

I was at wdw from 2/9-2/15 and rode the safari ride at AK, they have changed the script it no longer has the "poacher" theme. little red gets lost from her mother, and the script has you trying to find her/him. the script was alot less intense i suppose for the little ones.

WDWFREAK53

Sadly it seems the original message of the 1998 AK is fading away. I will certainly miss the conservation theme and the KS storyline, however it's not like they're completely taking out the animals and replacing them with Nemo, Stitch, and Pooh. So things could certainly be worse :)

How is the message fading away by adding a new row of seats to the vehicles? Am I missing something? The story may not be changing all that much (if at all...it could just be a change of Wilson being in a jeep vs. a plane and chasing the poachers rather than the poachers being in the jeep)...we don't know what's changing (if anything) so don't jump to the "the feel and message is fading away" before you see what it's all about.

I dunno, I never bought the fact that poachers in a jeep driving through a jungle could be caught by a few people in a plane that needs a lot of room to land and then hop in a jeep to catch them...I dunno, it just seems that a Jeep could definitely be well out of sight before the people in the plane even transferring into their ground vehicle.

CarlHS

I was at wdw from 2/9-2/15 and rode the safari ride at AK, they have changed the script it no longer has the "poacher" theme. little red gets lost from her mother, and the script has you trying to find her/him. the script was alot less intense i suppose for the little ones.

This must have been a test then, because the pochaer were in the script, unchanged yesterday....

CarlHS

Which part of the ride do the cheetahs appear? Are they a new addition? Did they construct an entire rock and moat much like that for the lions only recently?

The cheetahs always hid on the grassy area under the trees, just after the female white rhinos and before the lions on the left. There are now several rock humps sticking up which they were standing on. The 'pit'/'moat' is still there and is as hidden as before.

There was a CM rumor that one was getting out into the savannah area, so the enclosure was beefed up about 3 months ago (construction wall and all).

One other fix, the thick brush was thinned around the elephant areas; it was getting impossible to see/take a photo of them as the grasses would constantly be in the way.

kcnole

Personally the "Story" on this ride just feels so forced. I'd enjoy it much more if it were just a safari where we see some cool animals. The animatronic at the end just looks so out of place amidst all the real animals.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom