RUMOR: WDW purposely restricting FOP fastpasses

MaximumEd

I won't get to experience FOP until November, but so far RSR is my fav in a US park. Never been to any outside the states....yet.

Megbutnotmegan

I like Orlando's too. I was just continuting the joke. :)

But if Tokyo had "boiler room" style loading like Orlando... It would be tops.

I hate how on the other versions, the elevator door opens for boarding... And you have to cross a hall and go through another elevator door to get in the elevator!!!! Ticks me off. That is Tokyo's ONLY flaw, IMO.
The hall threw me off completely when we rode ToT in the dark in DL. It was an awesome ride still but the hall was just weird. I'm hoping the theming of Guardians makes the hallway less odd.

Daveeeeed

Can't believe they have fastpasses for Pixar Film Fest and Muppetvision. I went on Living with the Land in June of 2010 last time before Fastpass, does that ride have a wait now?
Had a 40 something minute wait Memorial Day weekend. It relied heavily of Fastpass which received major priority. That's what slowed standby to a crawl.
Also I went on Mexico ride in April, and for such a high capacity (and underwhelming) ride, I was surprised that the queue could hold maybe 50 people. Why is the queue so small? LOL
Longest I've ever waited for that was 20 minutes on December 31st. (Which was the busiest day last year for Orlando theme parks). It overflows in front of the San Angel in with extra queuing ropes. It also doesn't have Fastpass and is such a minor ride, so it works out.

Buried20KLeague

The hall threw me off completely when we rode ToT in the dark in DL. It was an awesome ride still but the hall was just weird. I'm hoping the theming of Guardians makes the hallway less odd.

It won't.

It's a design flaw they can't overcome, or they would have in various versions through the world.

Casper Gutman

I just rode the pirates in Disneyland for the first time a month ago, ironically the same day jonny depp was on the ride! But I was a few hours early. Anyway, I always heard it was better but was still blown away by how much better it was. Yes, Orlando's queue is much better but it doesn't make up for the additional scenes, and drops... And uphill waterfalls..

Oh, no doubt Disneyland's is the best traditional Pirates in the world and WDW's is the worst (I haven't ridden Tokyo's, but I suspect it's similar to WDW's).

That said, it's a testament to the absolute greatness of the ride that even the weakest version is still one of the best dark rides in the world.

davis_unoxx

Oh, no doubt Disneyland's is the best traditional Pirates in the world and WDW's is the worst (I haven't ridden Tokyo's, but I suspect it's similar to WDW's).

That said, it's a testament to the absolute greatness of the ride that even the weakest version is still one of the best dark rides in the world.
No Tokyo is like Disneyland's. Has Blue Bayou, longer cave scenes, and a few other things.

davis_unoxx

Had a 40 something minute wait Memorial Day weekend. It relied heavily of Fastpass which received major priority. That's what slowed standby to a crawl.

Can't believe they got gastpass for this.

Longest I've ever waited for that was 20 minutes on December 31st. (Which was the busiest day last year for Orlando theme parks). It overflows in front of the San Angel in with extra queuing ropes. It also doesn't have Fastpass and is such a minor ride, so it works out.

Was it a mess?

Jeff456

Thats what happens when you build one ride a decade that has people truly excited to experience it.
#
I completely agree, I am not saying there is some plan from Disney to limit fastpass just that it must be insanely popular. When I hit my 60 day window the first day I tried to book for some people may have been able to book for a couple of weeks so I understand why there was no fastpass left for that day.

beertiki

After the nonsense on page 1, I figured I would not be able to handle 6 more pages without cracking a beer. It's 6:40 am here in Key West, and a beer for breakfast if you are fishing is normal, but I have to work.

Maybe it was said already, but this is why there are long waits. I want a solid 60 minute wait the next time I ride FOP. The queue is an attraction itself. Given the choice between a FP and an hour wait, I will take the wait.

It's really not a 3 hour wait for a 7 minute ride. Those that consider the queue a wait, just don't get it.

FOP could be down, and I would still walk that queue for an hour if they would let me.

Bocabear

After the nonsense on page 1, I figured I would not be able to handle 6 more pages without cracking a beer. It's 6:40 am here in Key West, and a beer for breakfast if you are fishing is normal, but I have to work.

Maybe it was said already, but this is why there are long waits. I want a solid 60 minute wait the next time I ride FOP. The queue is an attraction itself. Given the choice between a FP and an hour wait, I will take the wait.

It's really not a 3 hour wait for a 7 minute ride. Those that consider the queue a wait, just don't get it.

FOP could be down, and I would still walk that queue for an hour if they would let me.
We were lucky enough to have fastpasses for both attractions, so we missed both queue experiences....and frm the pictures I saw, they look pretty good... But the days we were there it was 250 minute wait for FOP and 180 minutes for Navi River... When it gets down to 45 minutes, I won't mind the wait...
Where in Key West are you? Do you live there?

Buried20KLeague

Ugh! I need a dislike button for this news.

Why doesn't the issue exist in Orlando?

Because after Orlando they increased the number of loading areas to speed up the process and increase capacity, which required the new design. They must not have been happy with Orlando's hourly capacity numbers.

Having that hallway and multiple levels is infinitely cheaper than additional drop shafts, which is the only other way to increase capacity.

Hence the horrible hallways. :(

Also what @Herah said. :)

Last edited:

Herah

Ugh! I need a dislike button for this news.

Why doesn't the issue exist in Orlando?
The original ToT in Orlando uses two elevator shafts -- you load and go up in one shaft, then the car moves forward through show scenes into the drop shaft. All the clones have used a simpler design with only one shaft, but apparently kept the ground floor layout, so you have to walk forward to the drop shaft.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom