RUMOR: WDW purposely restricting FOP fastpasses

Buried20KLeague

So we agree that it's the best ride at any Disney property in the US. I'm really struggling not to get ranty about how we don't have more good rides in the states here.

To be fair, that's not what you said. You said it was the best ride Disney has created. I suggested you expand your horizons a bit. ;)

Don't rant about how parks in the states don't get the crazy rides... Just go where they exist. It's not as expensive or as difficult as you think. :)

EDIT TO ADD: Radiator Springs Racers is tops in the US Disney parks, IMO.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
I'm suggesting that operationally Disney gives two ducks what you do once you pay. In fact they would rather you spend all day shopping and ride nothing. now obviously I doubt that's the case here but I wouldn't be surprised if they are testing ways to spread the crowd out across the entire park no. the rides purpose is to add capacity to the park and thus generate additional ticket sales. if they cared about you actually riding something they would build attractions with higher throughput and not also overlays of there most popular movie onto an 80s ride system with crap capacity but I digress.

in a perfect operational sense they want the crowds as evenly spaces as possible. if one ride has a 200 minute wait and another has 5 minutes from an efficiency stand point there is a problem.
Clearly, and I'm in complete agreement -- once they have your ticket dollars, there's very little incentive to improve your experience. But that's why they built Avatar, right? As a better AK experience...

WDWTank

I just spoke to a CM friend of mine who works at HQ in the stats processing department. He said that Disney was experimenting with severely restricted FP at FOP to "manage" crowds and "enhance" guest experience. By manage crowds, it is designed to keep more people in the FOP stand-by for longer waits. This helps drive other AK attraction wait-times down. If you've tried to get a fastpass for FOP, you will know that it is near impossible due to the very limited number available per hour and FP+ plus scalpers (multi-passholder businesses buying annual passes for individuals and keeping the accounts and bands).

I have an email out to another buddy that does the software engineering on their FP+ system to confirm.

This is a pretty sad state of affairs.
That is stupid

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Welllll - we get all the above :). Whatever it is. So here is what WE will do:

Given 60 day advance FPs? My wife and I will try to GET one. Don't get one? Going to a different park, ignoring AK. Really, we don't personally CARE that much about AK. Haven't bothered with it in a good 8 years worth of WDW vacations.

FOP has us intrigued. But no FOP FP? No park visit. WDW may choose to do what WDW chooses to do.
"All personal opinion - I'm not necessarily right, no one else is necessarily wrong."

davis_unoxx

Radiator Springs Racers, Pirates (either one), HM (either one), ToT, Spaceship Earth (even with the lousy ending), Safari...
Pirates is not good in Florida especially after riding Anaheim one... Not even comparable one bit. I hadn't visited the World since 2010 was 9, I'm from Massachusetts. But had been going to Disneyland every year, my favorite ride in Anaheim was Pirates. I know one in Orlando wasn't as good. But I was shocked just the difference, I felt much less immersed in Orlando.

bhg469

Pirates is not good in Florida especially after riding Anaheim one... Not even comparable one bit. I hadn't visited the World since 2010 was 9, I'm from Massachusetts. But had been going to Disneyland every year, my favorite ride in Anaheim was Pirates. I know one in Orlando wasn't as good. But I was shocked just the difference, I felt much less immersed in Orlando.
I just rode the pirates in Disneyland for the first time a month ago, ironically the same day jonny depp was on the ride! But I was a few hours early. Anyway, I always heard it was better but was still blown away by how much better it was. Yes, Orlando's queue is much better but it doesn't make up for the additional scenes, and drops... And uphill waterfalls..

davis_unoxx

I just rode the pirates in Disneyland for the first time a month ago, ironically the same day jonny depp was on the ride! But I was a few hours early. Anyway, I always heard it was better but was still blown away by how much better it was. Yes, Orlando's queue is much better but it doesn't make up for the additional scenes, and drops... And uphill waterfalls..
I actually like the queue better at Disneyland, I like the courtyard and watching the boats go bye.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom