Rumor: Tomorrowland name change

Daveeeeed

Discoveryland at Disneyland Paris is absolutely stunning, but it has no business changing the name from Tomorrowland to Discoveryland at MK. Even with an absolute redo... the redo @marni1971 is implying seems to make it retro futuristic, so Discovery doesn't really make sense for that. I think Tomorrowland should really be used and I think that Twitter account is nonsense.

@Bacon can you please change the title to "Rumor: Tomorrowland name change" It's currently very misleading whether it happens or not.

lazyboy97o

Paris is a whole different thing...the design of the land is vastly different...was always designed to be a more steampunk Jules Vernian view of the world of the future... WDW started from the beginning as Tomorrowland and it should really stay that way... I know keeping up with "Tomorrow" is hard, but isn't that the challenge Disney Imagineers were meant to do? If the imagineers didn't do "Hard", Disney World would look alot like Six Flags...
This really gets at what make the whole concept so bizarre at this point in time. The notion that Discoveryland "fixed" Tomorrowland had to do with the content of Discoveryland, not just having a different name.

Daveeeeed

Well, to play devil's advocate, the Tomorrowland movie bombed at the box office, so I doubt there is much sentimentality attached to it....
It would have done far worse without the Tomorrowland name as Disney fans wanted to see it.

If you read my post from earlier it might change your mind.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom