Rumor-Spectro probably isn't coming back

jrh1985

No. Not me anyway. Steves working on the MK day parade, should it come to fruition.
MSEP I'm told can't make it back to DL.
Any update on the day parade??? It seems we cannot find any firm info about CADCT & MSEP'S fate.
Nothing newer than what I've posted in the past personally. MISICI was being prepped for a possible larger show, possibly to replace CADCT but I've not heard any more on that either.

jrh1985

Nothing newer than what I've posted in the past personally. MISICI was being prepped for a possible larger show, possibly to replace CADCT but I've not heard any more on that either.
Sorry, but MISICI should not replace CADCT!!!!! Unless, MISICI changes a lot. In my mind, when we get the new day parade, CADCT should replace MISICI in the hub. It can already fit in the hub. It did so in early 2012.

MaryJaneP

Mashup Parade? No way to mix the musics. Ouch! TDO could change to soundtrack to william hung. Too much like MSEP already? Maybe!

gonnichi

So MSEP opened in 1977 and Spectro opened in 1991 in WDW. So that makes MSEP 35 years old and Spectro 21 years old? How long does a normal parade last? Even with upgrades these parades still seem outdated in my opinion, great parades, but dated. If they are really in that bad of condition and looking at how much TDO loves to spend money on new Attractions I would say we are not going to have a night parade for much longer.

Sketch105

If they keep Spectro Magic hidden away...obsolete will eventually become new again and they can bring it back as a "SPECIAL ENGAGEMENT" for all those 90's hipsters.

PhotoDave219

This is a rumor-

It looks like Spectro won't be coming back this Spring. The floats need a lot of work and Disney doesn't want to put the money into it when possibly they could put it towards a new parade. I've heard the floats will be dismantled but that some of them could be used for another project.

I heard the same thing from my sources last month.

spectrodanny

Please tell me MK is looking at DLRP's Fanti!!!!!!
THAT would be COOL! there's just one problem. They'd probably do the BEST part of Fantillusion (show stops) about as much as they currently do the ones for CADCT. and imo NOT doing them would make Fantillusion even more boring than DLRP's buying less than half of Fantillusion from Tokyo.

The Duck

I was at DLR last Feb. when they were running Soundsational at night. Personally, the fact that the parade works in the day or night makes it a great investment for them. Do they really need a night parade?

Part of me wonders if TDO is hoping to take the double use parade approach and incorporate themed lighting within the new parade floats. It would actually save them money and allow them to invest properly in a new parade.

Just an idea.
I live in the New Orleans area and most (if not all) of the Mardi Gras floats have some sort of lighting so that they could be used day or night. Granted, few of them have lighting that rivals Spectro of MSEP but using the same basic parade day and night might be the most practical (cheap)way for them to go. If the lighting was good enough, the effect could possibly make the floats look completely different at night.

Magenta Panther

I LOVE Spectromagic. I have the CD of its wonderful soundtrack. I'd hate to see it go...but if a new parade is being planned, and it's even awesomer...well, sometimes change is good...

Figgy1

Premium Member
This is a rumor-

It looks like Spectro won't be coming back this Spring. The floats need a lot of work and Disney doesn't want to put the money into it when possibly they could put it towards a new parade. I've heard the floats will be dismantled but that some of them could be used for another project.
Need something new and original at night high tech cool with villians maybe?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom