'Rope Drop' opening procedure returns to Disney's Hollywood Studios

Slowjack

This is a much worse way to do it. The crowds work as a natural crowd disperser and allow things to go slower all while being in a semi-organized line.

This wayang the way they've switched back at Animal kingdom (holding people in oasis) simply allows for way more people every everyone clumping together in a mass of humanity.

This is going to be hell for Jedi training....
I feel like one, or both, of us should be checked under the NFL concussion protocol, because I can't follow any of this. Or did you send type this on a phone with swollen thumbs? Speech-to-text right after taking a bite from a marshmallow pie?:)

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
I think this is a good thing. I was there for an opening last February. They had the crowd gather at the Magic Band readers. They didn't start scanning bands until opening. The lines were completely disorganized. People were jumping from line to line trying to find a quicker one. People would be stuck behind a family who would have problems getting their magic bands to work. Overall, there was way too much stress then there needed to be.

Cmdr_Crimson

And this is how The CM's feel when that rope drops.....
stampede-scene-lion-king-o.gif

mbtohill

Was just there 2 weeks ago for "rope drop", got to the park around 8:30 to find the line almost past the ticket windows at every magic band reader. Got in line. We were standing in the sun and I don't do heat well, so I told my wife and kids I was going to stand in the shade to the right of the huge crowd, wouldn't you know it, as soon as I moved out of line a CM opened another Magic Band Reader station and we ended up first in line and first ones in the park.

More than one person approached the CM to complain that they had been waiting and we just moved to the front. Felt bad, but sometimes you just get lucky.

I look forward to them going back to the old "rope drop procedure"

wdwtopten

Clearly I shouldn't type at a red light. Here is what I meant to say :D

There- Im going to delete my other post because its awful. Hah

Don't you think people would rather be able to walk around The Oasis and look at everything or take a few pictures or do *whatever they felt like* instead of standing in a line in a (basically) un-themed area?

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No

This is a semi-known trick. They usually have 2 or more readers on one side for early breakfast reservations. They open it up for "regular" admission right when they open the others. If you stand around that area and wait for them to drop the sign, you can hop right in.
This is great to know, I might try this trick in a few weeks. Do you know if its usually the left or tight side? Or does it vary?

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Good. Not that I generally get to parks before opening, but letting people in ahead the "bell" ensures that ticket problems can be taken care of before the rush, instead of during it, and allows for a leisurely wait with something to do.

I suspect it increases coffee and muffin sales as well. A win for everybody.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom