Rock (Dwayne Johnson) and WDI Partner on Jungle Cruise Updates

EPCOTCenterLover

You know, they could just reference the Maasai people for the part deemed most currently offensive and change the way the current natives are dressed. Problem solved.

Ismael Flores

I do not like the idea of changing the attractions just because of the movement and what might or might not offend someone but when it comes to Jungle Cruise I would not mind a grand finally.
whether it be an outdoor section or an indoor section that uses an animatronic or two and creates a WOW factor.

mickEblu

I do not like the idea of changing the attractions just because of the movement and what might or might not offend someone but when it comes to Jungle Cruise I would not mind a grand finally.
whether it be an outdoor section or an indoor section that uses an animatronic or two and creates a WOW factor.

That’s a good idea even if there was ever an attraction that didn’t need a grand finale I’d say it’s the Jungle Cruise. It’s also a little harder to accomplish something like this with just AAs with limited movement. It’s funny they could reverse the directions the boats travel in and the ride would get significantly more interesting as it went along instead of less. I think ending with the elephant bathing pool and ruins would be More interesting.

Ismael Flores

That’s a good idea even if there was ever an attraction that didn’t need a grand finale I’d say it’s the Jungle Cruise. It’s also a little harder to accomplish something like this with just AAs with limited movement. It’s funny they could reverse the directions the boats travel in and the ride would get significantly more interesting as it went along instead of less. I think ending with the elephant bathing pool and ruins would be More interesting.

That would actually be a good idea as well, It really is to bad that they did not go ahead with the project that involved the jungle cruise actually goinginto a much larger Indiana Jones show building. The Jungle cruise already has signs of temple ruins some kind of indoor exploration inside a temple would be fun. It would give those that can not ride Indiana a little taste of what they are missing and give others that see Jungle cruise as dated something new to see.

PiratesMansion

That would actually be a good idea as well, It really is to bad that they did not go ahead with the project that involved the jungle cruise actually goinginto a much larger Indiana Jones show building. The Jungle cruise already has signs of temple ruins some kind of indoor exploration inside a temple would be fun. It would give those that can not ride Indiana a little taste of what they are missing and give others that see Jungle cruise as dated something new to see.

It's a pity that they never changed the DL version to include a temple for the boat to go through the way the WDW and Tokyo attractions do.

Perhaps they bring over a modified version of Hong Kong's FIRE! finale?

mickEblu

Not to mention that mine cart coaster.

socalifornian

ONLY if it's not terrible as Indy Paris and Raging Spirits are. But even if they solve that problem I'm not sure where they'd put one.
You think doubling the footprint would make it any better? If the queue could somehow split off from current Indy’s entry area that could be cool. Whatever’s in those backstage buildings probably isn’t important anyways/s
C53905B0-4EC3-4BBE-964C-713460CDB242.jpegB7449C4B-8C4D-4C89-991A-96000F931F4B.jpeg

PiratesMansion

You think doubling the footprint would make it any better? If the queue could somehow split off from current Indy’s entry area that could be cool. Whatever’s in those backstage buildings probably isn’t important anyways/s
View attachment 482128View attachment 482129

Perhaps, but what they really need to do is completely disregard the existing Mine Cart coaster attractions and truly start from scratch, something I'm not sure they're willing to do. After all, Indy Paris and Raging Spirits are literally copies of (or at best, very very closely modeled after) portable coaster designs that had been around for some time before Disney built their own versions.

But if they were to, say, start as something wholly original, or even take inspiration from someting like, say, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, it would have much better potential to be a worthwhile addition to the area.

truecoat

Perhaps, but what they really need to do is completely disregard the existing Mine Cart coaster attractions and truly start from scratch, something I'm not sure they're willing to do. After all, Indy Paris and Raging Spirits are literally copies of (or at best, very very closely modeled after) portable coaster designs that had been around for some time before Disney built their own versions.

But if they were to, say, start as something wholly original, or even take inspiration from someting like, say, Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, it would have much better potential to be a worthwhile addition to the area.

I think it would be more thrilling if it really looked like a mine. You don't need big roller coaster hills if it's just going fast through tunnels with breakneck turns and close calls. Maybe a big set piece at the end? Although I've now described a $400 million dollar Disney ride.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom