Road Sign Falls Onto World Drive...

Next Big Thing

I'm surprised to see a Disney bus driving under the downed sign in the one article. I can see stupid tourists, but the bus should know better.
Ya know... the bus driver may have had no choice. Fallen sign, lots of traffic... what exactly is he supposed to do? Pull over and wait a couple hours for them to fix things? All that would do is cause more of a traffic jam for one and it would create a lot of angry guests on-board. There's really nothing the bus driver could've done besides go for it.

JIMINYCR

Sad. I really hope nobody was hurt. Perhaps this could have been that the driver was looking at their phone and didn't notice the sign?

Weve drivin to WDW on our last several trips, about a 1500 mile trip, and I dont relax until I finally park in the resort parking lot. Seen many an accident but
th
so far been fortunate.... Always watching out for the other guy. How horrible to be close to the park and end up in a wreck.

rob0519

According to Twitter and several Disney news sites, a huge road sign as fallen down onto World Drive...

From the pictures, that is a support structure, not a sign. A road sign would be what is attached to the support structure that indictes "Right Lane Must Exit" or some other information. A downed sign is a small problem, a collapsed support structure is a major issue as evidenced by a road closing.

DManRightHere

I'm surprised to see a Disney bus driving under the downed sign in the one article. I can see stupid tourists, but the bus should know better.

Just for the sake of liability, nope, a bus driver should not drive under it unless authorized to do so. I'm sure all the passengers would be safe even if the thing fell on the bus.

If I were in my vehicle and had the option to sit in traffic, or drive under it, I would drive under it as long as it was not wobbleing of swaying from wind. If I were on a motorcycle, nope, not worth it.

Goofyernmost

Before everyone jumps to conclusions it might be there for a reason. The bus could easily have cleared where it is so if they didn't want it there, under the sign, they would move it.
EDIT: where does anyone see a bus underneath it anyway. I don't see that anyplace.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Ya know... the bus driver may have had no choice. Fallen sign, lots of traffic... what exactly is he supposed to do? Pull over and wait a couple hours for them to fix things? All that would do is cause more of a traffic jam for one and it would create a lot of angry guests on-board. There's really nothing the bus driver could've done besides go for it.

He should have stopped and waited until he was told it was safe to proceed, or other arrangements were made for the passengers. The guests on board would be even more angry if the rest of the sign fell on the bus and killed someone.

Next Big Thing

He should have stopped and waited until he was told it was safe to proceed, or other arrangements were made for the passengers. The guests on board would be even more angry if the rest of the sign fell on the bus and killed someone.
And I get that, but how do we know he wasn't already cleared to proceed? Just because there's a picture with the bus underneath doesn't mean he skipped proper protocol.

Goofyernmost

I still haven't seen where there was a bus there and even if there was, do we know if there were guests in it. Also, like mentioned it is possible that it all happened simultaneously, but, let's not think that way lets all just conclude that something along the line of incompetence happened. Gees, you guys.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom