Road Sign Falls Onto World Drive...

Rider

A lot of road signs and utility poles are designed to be breakaway. The thought is to protect the life of the driver who hits the sign by giving way to the car instead of bringing the car to a sudden stop. However, I don't think these giant spans have the same breakaway design because of the risk of falling on traffic.

Goofyernmost

That was one tough SUV. Probably a break away support to prevent people from getting killed, however, it looks like if that one hit just right it would be ba bye to someone. It had to be moving along pretty fast as well. But, I'm sure it will be Disney's fault for putting a big ole sign post in their way.

alissafalco

14469257_10207117782686151_1556492250_n-600x450.jpg

A black SUV on it’s way to the Magic Kingdom veered off the road and crashed into one of the Walt Disney World Road signs near Epcot and closed down traffic for all 3 lanes.

http://www.chipandco.com/suv-accident-world-drive-brings-road-sign-walt-disney-world-249016/

GVentola

I was at Epcot around 1:30, not sure. I was going to go check out some of the atmosphere shows I hadn't seen before, like Quikstep and that Italian flag thing. I forgot about the food festival. Cars were backed up in the parking lot, and it looked like they were being directed to park on the grass at the very end of the lot. I was near an exit, so I turned around and left. I can always check out those acts some other time when it's less crowded. I made my way off of Disney property with no incidents, and took the Palm Parkway to Sea World instead (which, of course, was not crowded). I read about the crash online when I got home. I wonder if it would have effected me if I had actually stayed at Epcot for a while instead of immediately leaving. Divine intervention, perhaps? We may never know!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom