RnRc Retheme?

SailorMercury

You’re entitled to your opinion. But the critical and commercial success of her work disagrees with you. I take it you’ve never heard any of her music outside of her radio hits
Two of my family members are hardcore Swifties. I can assure you that I have heard her entire library multiple times.

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
Yeah...
I know this line.
What do you think actually happens in the studio?
Define "writes" when it comes to these ultra produced pop acts.
I promise you, at most she comes up with some sort of melody - which the producer then takes and morphs into something practically unrecognizable from the source.
She probably writes the majority of her lyrics though.
You’re literally wrong. She’s been writing songs since she was very young. She’s got genuine talent and passion.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
You’re literally wrong. She’s been writing songs since she was very young. She’s got genuine talent and passion.
Indeed. In genre, her music can be best described as at the center of a three way venn diagram between levitating bedroom balladry, unkempt psychedelic grunge, and uptempo pop-rock, although perhaps more instrumental to her music's success than the production is the lyrics and themes. She sings with honesty, specificity, and humor, conveying the abstract pangs of angst and heartbreak as a vivid image of the rebellion and sadness of youth.

Since this is about a possible Rock n Roller Coaster replacement since Aerosmith is kinda dated. I only have one IP in my mind that could work besides Iron Man and The Incredibles

Diary of a Wimpy Kid (Animated)

KeithVH

I would concede she doe have some level of talent. Then again, I could name 20 other Pop tarts with similar levels of talent. Have no idea what her appeal to some people comes across as. Yes, she's popular. But that don't mean the music is "good".

Look at it this way. Separate the popularity and music purchasing from the actual semi-objective measuring of the quality of the songs themselves. I'll admit I've never heard a single song of hers all the way through but I'm really not impressed with what I have heard. Not compared to the wide spectrum of stuff I've listened to ranging from the 60s up to current day.

I mean seriously, do people REALLY understand what rock-n-roll is anymore?

Incomudro

Indeed. In genre, her music can be best described as at the center of a three way venn diagram between levitating bedroom balladry, unkempt psychedelic grunge, and uptempo pop-rock, although perhaps more instrumental to her music's success than the production is the lyrics and themes. She sings with honesty, specificity, and humor, conveying the abstract pangs of angst and heartbreak as a vivid image of the rebellion and sadness of youth.
Music for 13 year old girls.

Purduevian

I would concede she doe have some level of talent. Then again, I could name 20 other Pop tarts with similar levels of talent. Have no idea what her appeal to some people comes across as. Yes, she's popular. But that don't mean the music is "good".

Look at it this way. Separate the popularity and music purchasing from the actual semi-objective measuring of the quality of the songs themselves. I'll admit I've never heard a single song of hers all the way through but I'm really not impressed with what I have heard. Not compared to the wide spectrum of stuff I've listened to ranging from the 60s up to current day.

I mean seriously, do people REALLY understand what rock-n-roll is anymore?
"Good" music is inherently subjective and totally dependent on personal tastes. You might not like her, and that's perfectly fine. However, the best objective tools we have to rate if an artist/music is good are things like awards, streaming counts, record sales, and tour ticket demand all of which would show Taylor Swift puts out very very "good" music. It's not perfect, but it's the best measurment we have.

Incomudro

"Good" music is inherently subjective and totally dependent on personal tastes. You might not like her, and that's perfectly fine. However, the best objective tools we have to rate if an artist/music is good are things like awards, streaming counts, record sales, and tour ticket demand all of which would show Taylor Swift puts out very very "good" music. It's not perfect, but it's the best measurment we have.
That's not remotely true.

J4546

maybe if they just kept the showbuilding for RnRc, gutted it, and got rid of everything else and used it for the showbuilding of a new monsters inc doors warehouse coaster with a new que and enclosed lift hill like GotG coaster (but not a launch) and when you go to the top and have that moment of zen seeing the view of the massive indoor warehouse full of doors that would be pretty cool. The having you zip in and out of doors through rooms themed to different bedrooms and stuff....could be pretty chill imo.

TrainsOfDisney

There are Disney Park fans who don’t like the Voices of Liberty or the ragtime piano. Not everyone has the same tastes in music.

I certainly don’t think Aerosmith is a particular great band but I love rock n roller coaster.

Purduevian

You can't
I was originally responding to the following post that included the following:
Separate the popularity and music purchasing from the actual semi-objective measuring of the quality of the songs themselves.
I gave my logic for an objective way to measure if music is good. Which I was then told was wrong, but given no reasoning as to why or an alternative way to measure it.

At the end of the day everyone has their opinions on what makes them like or dislike music. I would argue the more people that like a song, the better a song it is.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
So...about that Olivia Rodrigo retheme....
The retheme is clearly going to be The Swifties Rock 'n' Rollercoaster with Taylor doing an original medley of '60s cover songs. To keep it in-joke and meta, Taylor (in a wig) will be the lead singer of her fictitious band of the same name. Think Josie and the Pussy Cats.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom