RnRc Retheme?

MagicHappens1971

Taylor Swift does NOT, repeat not write her own songs.
Some lyrics, maybe all lyrics in some songs - sure.
Maybe some basis of the melody, some basic melodic structure in some cases - yeah.
Beyond that, it's all a lie.
Not that "writing" such vapid songs would be any accomplishment anyway.
The reality is here songs are written and produced by the same producers who write and produce everyone else.
What you are writing here is not true, not in the slightest. Firstly she has an entirely self written album, it’s called Speak Now. She has been writing her own music for ages, while she has co-writers in the form of the producers, as you mentioned, she writes 90% of her own work and has it “polished” by those producers. Her music doesn’t sound like “everyone else’s”…. She also has a fantastic way of transporting you to a world through her storytelling, see All Too Well (Ten Minute Version). Although as a self proclaimed Swiftie, I know that we will never agree. But saying she doesn’t write her own music is a lie, even those producers you mentioned all talk about her (unsolicited) and her incredible writing. But anyway this is also the wrong place to continue this discussion.

TrainsOfDisney

The simplest retheme would be to just drop Aerosmith and make the story about a concert across town “with todays hottest bands” - and then you can randomize the songs, and easily replace them.

I am surprised they haven’t done that already.

Taylor Swift would make the attraction a huge hit and since it would be a tie in to Disney+ we know Bob would be on board!

J4546

Maybe some basis of the melody, some basic melodic structure in some cases - yeah.
The reality is here songs are written and produced by the same producers who write and produce everyone else.
That's why she - and all pop acts - sound like everyone else.
And please don't equate popularity with actually being good.
McDonald's sells billions of the worst hamburgers ever made.

same with politicians imo. just cause theyre popular doesnt mean theyre good

Tegan pilots a chicken

Sharpie Queen 💜
Premium Member
She literally does but okay.

JustInTime

She does tho

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
1708582120013.png

Incomudro

Yeah...
I know this line.
What do you think actually happens in the studio?
Define "writes" when it comes to these ultra produced pop acts.
I promise you, at most she comes up with some sort of melody - which the producer then takes and morphs into something practically unrecognizable from the source.
She probably writes the majority of her lyrics though.

TrainsOfDisney

It's nowhere near as fun as either of those though. I'd be okay if they gutted RnRC to help make way for a new land. I would say they'd have to add a new coaster either in that new land or in Galaxy's Edge.
Big thunder, yes. Space, no. The full working version of space in Cali maybe. But the current version in Florida? Definitely not. Haha.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Yeah...
I know this line.
I promise you, at most she comes up with some sort of melody - which the producer then takes and morphs into something practically unrecognizable from the source.
Cool conspiracy theory.

I'll be looking forward to all the ghost-composers that break their NDA and sue for compensation and credit for their work. And to all the disillusioned employees who just want to make trouble or act out of spite, like, e.g., her former record label that got the rug pulled out from under them when Taylor re-recorded her opus.

I wonder why that hasn't happened yet. 🤔

SpectreJordan

Big thunder, yes. Space, no. The full working version of space in Cali maybe. But the current version in Florida? Definitely not. Haha.
I still think the WDW version is more fun than RnRC. Maybe it's the theming that helps Space for me.

RnRC is just a big pile of meh from me. The theming isn't very good & the thrills aren't as fun as what I can find 30 minutes away at IOA or even a short walk away over to Guardians.

It's better than Tron atleast. 😂

MagicHappens1971

Yeah...
I know this line.
This is a baffling conspiracy theory. She also has released plenty of docu footage where it is very evident that she brings nearly finished songs to the studio, and as I mentioned, polishes it off with a producer.

As @MisterPenguin beat me to saying, what you are accusing her of is a conspiracy theory. Your argument has also jumped from "maybe she writes some of her lyrics" to "she probably writes the majority of her lyrics". She starts by writing her songs acoustically, and I never claimed she was the greatest producer of our time, that would probably go to her frequent collaborator, Jack Antonoff (who just won Producer of the Year for the 3rd time in a row at The Grammys). I said she is greatest songwriter of our generation. Don't believe me? Ask Billy Joel ""She knows music and she knows how to write. She's like that generation's Beatles.", don't believe him, ask Carole King "Over the years, I have known some great songwriters and I have also known some great singers and performers," King said. "It's rare to see all those talents in one person. Taylor Swift." Those two don't work for you? How about Bruce Springsteen? "She's a tremendous writer," he told Howard Stern. "And I know her producer Jack Antonoff very well. They're making great records."

If any of what you were saying is true, it would've come out from the countless sound engineers she's worked with over her 17 year career, or from the execs at Big Machine when she left. If it were true, the Grammys would probably not keep awarding her, as its presumed she is favored for her songwriting ability.

It's fine if you don't like her, but to minimize her talent is ridiculous.

SailorMercury

This is a baffling conspiracy theory. She also has released plenty of docu footage where it is very evident that she brings nearly finished songs to the studio, and as I mentioned, polishes it off with a producer.

As @MisterPenguin beat me to saying, what you are accusing her of is a conspiracy theory. Your argument has also jumped from "maybe she writes some of her lyrics" to "she probably writes the majority of her lyrics". She starts by writing her songs acoustically, and I never claimed she was the greatest producer of our time, that would probably go to her frequent collaborator, Jack Antonoff (who just won Producer of the Year for the 3rd time in a row at The Grammys). I said she is greatest songwriter of our generation. Don't believe me? Ask Billy Joel ""She knows music and she knows how to write. She's like that generation's Beatles.", don't believe him, ask Carole King "Over the years, I have known some great songwriters and I have also known some great singers and performers," King said. "It's rare to see all those talents in one person. Taylor Swift." Those two don't work for you? How about Bruce Springsteen? "She's a tremendous writer," he told Howard Stern. "And I know her producer Jack Antonoff very well. They're making great records."

If any of what you were saying is true, it would've come out from the countless sound engineers she's worked with over her 17 year career, or from the execs at Big Machine when she left. If it were true, the Grammys would probably not keep awarding her, as its presumed she is favored for her songwriting ability.

It's fine if you don't like her, but to minimize her talent is ridiculous.
Anyone can write.

Unfortunately for Taylor, she doesn't know how to write good (other than a few hits. Love Story is peak)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom