RnRC New Theme Discussion

Rescue Ranger

As long as they leave ToT alone.

Though in all honesty I do not see why Guardians so desperately needs anything. While I didn't not enjoy a second of the movie, just save it for an eventual Marvel gate or Marvel Expansion.

Wikkler

deleteme.png

doctornick

Well, WDW1974 came out and confirmed what others have hinted -- that it is Epcot FW that is now being looked at as a destination for a GotG attraction. Seems crazy in terms of theme appropriateness to me.

That would eliminate RnR as an destination, probably eliminated for the same reason as ToT -- the park cannot afford to lose the ride capacity in its current state. Suffice to say, it just emphasizes how important it is to get TSL open ASAP, though Disney seems to be taking their time with it for some crazy reason.

That all said, once the dust clears from the new lands, I still would like to see RnR re-themed to a new concept and have that area be broken off from Sunset Blvd and converted to a new theme (and connected to the Animation Courtyard area as well for guest flow).

Last edited:

ToTBellHop

Original Poster
Well, WDW1974 came out and confirmed what others have hinted -- that it is Epcot FW that is now being looked at as a destination for a GotG attraction. Seems crazy in terms of theme to me.

That would eliminate RnR as an option, probably eliminated for the same reason as ToT -- the park cannot afford to lose the ride capacity in its current state. Suffice to say, it just emphasizes how important it is to get TSL open ASAP, though Disney seems to be taking their time with it for some crazy reason.

That all said, once the dust clears from the new lands, I still would like to see RnR re-themed to a new concept and have that area be broken off from Sunset Blvd and converted to a new theme (and connected to the Animation Courtyard area as well for guest flow).
I would expect RnRC to see a new theme in the next several years. It's an easy and obvious change for a park being reborn.

Changing thread title to prevent confusion.

Alejandro

I think that if they're going to shoehorn GotG into DHS, this is a better approach, short of building anything new.
I love Aerosmith and all, and the ride is amazing, but it could use a refresh, and that queue is boring as hell.
It's super easy to bring a new story to the attraction, and it leaves the beloved ToT safe.
Really, I'd prefer a new attraction altogether, but if they must, this is it.

elchippo

I didn't read EVERY ounce of this thread, so maybe it's been mentioned, but Aerosmith Farewell Tour is coming in 2017. I love the ride, but at that point, I'd say its time to re-theme. I've always liked how its presence sort of added the music industry aspect of Hollywood into the park so to me, in a perfect world, they'd find some way to keep it as such, but as WDW's most intense ride, it does also make sense to re-theme into some action packed IP like whatever Marvel property they *CAN* use. What does NOT need to be touched at all is TOT. It's still the crown jewel of modern Imagineering, don't screw with it!

Cesar R M

w
Well, WDW1974 came out and confirmed what others have hinted -- that it is Epcot FW that is now being looked at as a destination for a GotG attraction. Seems crazy in terms of theme appropriateness to me.

That would eliminate RnR as an destination, probably eliminated for the same reason as ToT -- the park cannot afford to lose the ride capacity in its current state. Suffice to say, it just emphasizes how important it is to get TSL open ASAP, though Disney seems to be taking their time with it for some crazy reason.

wait.. FW as in Food and Wine festival? or as in one of the empty future world areas?

Bartattack

A Rocketeer theme! I heard Disney might be planning a new Rocketeer movie... (don't know how you could work jetpacks into the theming of the cars..but hey, that's why we have imagineers). It also would fit the time-period of sunset blvd...

rnese

Change simply for the sake of change is usually a huge mistake.
1. RnRC is already a hugely popular attraction.
2. The is no such thing as a"rock band" anymore, so going with new artists would be a bad move. Aerosmith, even though they're from the '70's/'80's still are, and always will be more popular than anything out there currently. Staying power.
3. Possibly the "cardboard cutouts" could be updated. Possibly to something electronic, but you're going so fast anyway that it never crossed my mind that they were "cheesy".

I agree with earlier opinions. The RnRC is good enough as is. Money could AND SHOULD be better spent elsewhere!

(Like on some kind of adventure where you help some hero...STEAL THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE!)

Cesar R M

Change simply for the sake of change is usually a huge mistake.
1. RnRC is already a hugely popular attraction.
2. The is no such thing as a"rock band" anymore, so going with new artists would be a bad move. Aerosmith, even though they're from the '70's/'80's still are, and always will be more popular than anything out there currently. Staying power.
3. Possibly the "cardboard cutouts" could be updated. Possibly to something electronic, but you're going so fast anyway that it never crossed my mind that they were "cheesy".

I agree with earlier opinions. The RnRC is good enough as is. Money could AND SHOULD be better spent elsewhere!

(Like on some kind of adventure where you help some hero...STEAL THE DECLARATION OF INDEPENDENCE!)
So, you're suggesting they hire Nicholas Cage to build something? ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom