Rides you were/are scared of

JIMINYCR

Probably should add ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter to this list, although I was not a kid anymore.
Never got to WDW as a child but as an adult.
Thats the one that got me. The Alien movie was I think the only sci fi flick that ever got to me. They did a great job with the making the Alien so terrifying and building up the suspense every time there was an attack. So when we went to WDW soon after the attraction was opened, I was plunged into darkness, the Alien on the loose, breathing down your neck, the intense feeling of being trapped and unable to escape.....pure moment of terror. But what a fun experience we did over and over again. Yeah, the best attraction Disney EVER had.

Minnesota disney fan

Saw the discussion about it in the Tiana thread and wanted to make a thread about it so people could discuss without going too off-topic.

As a kid, I was utterly terrified of these attractions for the following reasons:
  1. Haunted Mansion: The stretching room along with the ghost host's hanging body used to scare me. The scene with the ghost footprints on the stairs also scared me.
  2. Expedition Everest: Going backwards in the dark and the projection of the yeti as well as the animatronic of it.
  3. It's Tough to Be a Bug: Literally the entire thing, especially the spiders appearing above the audience and the hornets stinging the seats.
  4. Splash Mountain: The drop to the Laughin' Place as well as the final drop.
When I was a kid, back in the dark ages, we didn't have a WDW to go to. We only had small amusement parks usually at a lake. So that's where I rode an old wooden roller coaster and was scared out of my wits. I still don't like roller coasters to this day:)

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

Original Poster
When I was a kid, back in the dark ages, we didn't have a WDW to go to. We only had small amusement parks usually at a lake. So that's where I rode an old wooden roller coaster and was scared out of my wits. I still don't like roller coasters to this day:)
There's a rickety old wooden coaster at the Six Flags by my house called El Toro that somehow always manages to terrify me. Boardwalk coasters also scare me as well.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
In 2011:
  • Tough to be a Bug. This show taught me I wasn't a huge fan of dark/loud spaces. Still not too fond of them to this day.
  • Haunted Mansion. I liked the ride, just not the tipping backwards part. I don't know but I got spooked by that part.
  • Stitch's Great Escape. See the above reason for ITTBAB.
  • Expedition Everest. Throw in moving fast and backwards through a dark loud space. Was one of my favorites in 2016, though.
  • Triceratops Spin Don't ask why. I don't even remember why, just that I was.
  • Fantasmic! Was spooked by a thunderstorm moving into the area because I thought it was going to cause a hurricane. I was dumb as a child.
  • My sister was scared of Splash Mountain, but not because of the drops. One of the Br'er Foxes had a broken mouth and he looked right at us and she got scared.

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Skyway to Tomorrowland. Even as a kid I thought to myself "Those don't exactly look too safe". It's kinda carried over for me to the Skyliner. But I do feel a bit safer riding it now. Maybe because its enclosed.

The one ride you couldn't pay me enough money to ride are those ridiculously tall swing rides. Like the one they have at ICON.

1710184507002.png

No chance.

Brer Panther

Attractions that scared me at some point? Let's see...

- It's Tough to Be a Bug, for obvious reasons
- Jungle Cruise, specifically the temple
- The Great Movie Ride, both for the alien and the Munchkins
- the Under New Management Tiki Room, for the scene with Uh-Oa

I think that's about it.

Skibum1970

Mission Space. Mainly because I sometimes fight motion sickness on spinning rides and figure that, by the time I know, it will be too late.

I’m shocked nobody has mentioned the heffalumps in Winnie The Pooh! That scene is unsettling in a way that’s difficult for me to describe lol

SyracuseDisneyFan

In The Great Movie Ride, I was terrified of the Indiana Jones scene with the snakes. Even though they weren't real in that, I always found myself looking away. I'm terrified of snakes.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I was scared to go on Big Thunder Mountain, my mom would sit back with me while my dad and sister went on (this was long before ride swap) so my mom didn't ride even though she liked the ride. Now I love Big Thunder Mt and every time I ride I think of my mom and silently apologize for making her sit out with me. Luckily we did get to ride together many times before she passed away.

Smiley/OCD

I never was scared on ANY ride, Disney or otherwise (my late mom took me on just about ANYTHING)…I DID, however, feel very queasy on the original M:S…which was really weird. I heard when they added the green version, they actually toned the orange section down…at my age, I’m not about to test that rumor…

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom