Richard Petty Driving Experience to close

beachlover4444

They need more parking and I think the Petty's wanted out of their deal so it makes sense to tear it down. It has always looked out of place there to me anyway...

DHoy

1. This just means the TTC will become more overwhelmed, the ferry boats and monorails already have 20-40 minute waits most average to peak days.

2. Disney hosts golf tournaments at the Palm/ magnolia which require the use of the MK lots, this will help with capacity issues on those days.

3. Epcot guest lots have increasingly become used for cast parking for both studios and epcot cast, this will benefit redirects from epcot to MK when epcot fills during those days.

4. With the growing number of offsite hotels Disney may be recognizing a demographic change in the way guests are touring property and an increase of parking may be in their long term projections.

Fox&Hound

Yet again, I saw this and jumped for joy thinking they were talking about the Speedway in MK in Tomorrowland....Haha, fool me once, Disney....Nothing against the speedway it's just a hideous waste of space and it's not even that inspired. If you're gonna keep it, increase the themeing.

But yes, more parking is a good thing =)

halltd

I wonder if they track the number of guests parking in lots that are on-property hotel guests. I know my family drives to the parks a lot even while staying on property just because the buses are so unreliable and slow (They stay at the campground). Then again, the MK is the only park they never drive to because the boats are good. But I could see other hotel guests on property driving, thus increasing parking requirements as well.

roj2323

I counted one section. I counted the number of spaces and then doubled the numbers since each slot parks two cars. I'd do the rest of the new areas but I was getting a bit cross eyed.

parking.jpg

ABQ

So that's part of Petty.

Ponds aside I wonder what will go on the rest...
Hadn't you mentioned earlier, perhaps in this thread, a redesign of the toll booths? Without turning the roadways into a bowl of spaghetti, I wonder if they could move all the MK parking entrance traffic to to the speedway area and separate it entirely from the resort (FW, WL, CR, PR, GF) from them. Especially getting the buses away from the tolls, so crazy that they have to stop at all.

zakattack99

In the Parks
No
Hadn't you mentioned earlier, perhaps in this thread, a redesign of the toll booths? Without turning the roadways into a bowl of spaghetti, I wonder if they could move all the MK parking entrance traffic to to the speedway area and separate it entirely from the resort (FW, WL, CR, PR, GF) from them. Especially getting the buses away from the tolls, so crazy that they have to stop at all.

I could of sworn there was a rumor 2-3 years ago about a massive redesign of the toll plaza, maby this is the first step in that process? Would be nice to separate the resort from the park trafic and give the buses a dedicated lane. While this is not a very excited change it could be very useful and nessesary.

Acolli18

I misread the headline as "Tomorrowland Speedway to close for parking lot expansion". I just assumed Disney had officially lost it!

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
I misread the headline as "Tomorrowland Speedway to close for parking lot expansion". I just assumed Disney had officially lost it!

Stroller parking!!!

I do hope that they redesign the tollbooth/entry area. There should be a separate route for busses going to the MK or the MK Resorts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom