Richard Petty Driving Experience to close

I never took part in it, or the exotic car experience, but I always thought it was cool that it existed. I wonder what they mean by "Transportation Improvements" I can't see them leveling the entire raceway, at least not very easily.
I got to drive the nascar around there for a few laps it was quite an experience. And the way they make it sound they are going to be getting rid of it or changing it from a speedway into something else.

DocMcHulk

transportation improvements??

Increased parking? a more direct route to parking? They also need to clean up the exit area around Hess.

flynnibus

Premium Member
So it's interesting that rpde didn't want to leave. The speedway obviously is a huge sink of costs and space but if it was happily cranking along with a paying tennant... Unusual for Disney I'd say. They don't mention something like pending repairs needed, etc that they didn't want to invest in.

This one is intriguing

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Really? it's been there nearly 2 decades and I've never heard anyone claim its location is all wrong. A racetrack alongside a parking lot is hardly comparable to a big hat blocking on set attractions.
Really, yes.

Prior to this the MK still felt rather isolated as you approached the parking lots. Not to mention nothing said magic more than the roar of cars as heard from the TTC. It didn't really blend too well with the welcome BGM.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Original Poster
Really, yes.

Prior to this the MK still felt rather isolated as you approached the parking lots. Not to mention nothing said magic more than the roar of cars as heard from the TTC.
I have to wonder if years of overflow parking from one park to the next is influencing this decision....

roj2323

I hope this means they are putting the parking spaces that they ripped out when they installed the race track back in. This should really help with busy days. Perhaps they will also install a flyover ramp for the Vista boulevard / World drive intersection as well since that's a crazy dangerous intersection.

Edit: Apparently i'm incorrect about the torn out spaces. It would be nice if they added more however.

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I hope this means they are putting the parking spaces that they ripped out when they installed the race track back in. This should really help with busy days. Perhaps they will also install a flyover ramp for the Vista boulevard / World drive intersection as well since that's a crazy dangerous intersection.
They didn't remove any spaces.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom