Rich Manhattan moms hire handicapped tour guides so kids can cut lines at Disney World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goofyernmost

one Cast member flat out refused to allow us to use the Gac and made us wait in standby by which was a major hassle with that dumb thing...
I will agree that it is a hassle with that thing...but standing in line is a hassle on it's own. If that queue was one that was built with Wheelchairs and Scooters in mind, then they did nothing wrong. In fact...they probably don't have an alternate entrance and riding a scooter does not mean I need to go to the front of the line. The purpose of the ADA laws was to provide EQUAL access not special access.

And they are certainly not responsible for the less then happy personality of your FIL.

ddbowdoin

I will agree that it is a hassle with that thing...but standing in line is a hassle on it's own. If that queue was one that was built with Wheelchairs and Scooters in mind, then they did nothing wrong. In fact...they probably don't have an alternate entrance and riding a scooter does not mean I need to go to the front of the line. The purpose of the ADA laws was to provide EQUAL access not special access.

And they are certainly not responsible for the less then happy personality of you FIL.

Thank you! Perfectly said.

Todd L

And they are certainly not responsible for the less then happy personality of you FIL.

I wasnt defending Him ...just to be clear.The scooter didnt fit in the line too well...I could have managed But he's impatient and made it worse. When we got to the end we saw a very distinct Line with Gac users waiting in an open area...

He didnt care that he put off everyone elses needs to serve his own.

Hes one of those people who cant be happy ANYWHERE..and Ruined my Families day. They were so embarrased By his behavior!!

PhotoDave219

I just checked out their VIP Tours page and came across and updated message that read: "Due to inaccurate press and slander, Dream Tours is not offering VIP tours at this time. Our focus has primarily always been providing magical vacations for adults with special needs and helping their dreams to come true."

Hmmmmm. Sounds like bull(Pooh!) to me.

copcarguyp71

They should use those dumbo pagers all over the parks for ADA / disability passes and make them wait the normal wait and be pages when their turn is up! I think that is the most simplistic ad efficient way to run those passes...all problems solved! I don't know why they haven't done it yet?

I already quoted this in another reply stating this is the perfect solution. Why, if someone has bad legs, is overweight, ADD/ADHD or whatever other issue presents itself that causes them to need the GAC do they not have to wait like the rest of us? Now, let's not turn this into a face slapping good time over bus stops and the like but I truly do not see why every situation that would cause someone (justified or not) to need the GAC would necessitate the bumping of that guest for immediate loading. Do I have sympathy for those needing assistance... absolutely but I do not agree that they should get distinct advantages over the rest of us in every situation. I hope this does not come off as a biased opinion but rather one of sought after equality among guests.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Story sounds like total BS to me. If true there should be criminal charges for fraud.

As far as the GAC abuse goes, sure it happens but it's the exception not the rule. Disney does a fabulous job making people with disabilities feel "normal". For every fat, lazy person that people think should have to wait in line like everyone else there is a kid with a disability or a person who legitimately can't walk. I'm sure a kid stuck in a wheelchair would gladly wait 2.5 hours in line for IASW if it meant they could get up and walk around or run like other kids. I have no problem if someone in a wheelchair gets to cut the line. I just think about all of the things in life that I can do that they cannot and I am thankful to be healthy and have healthy kids. I'm stepping down off of my soapbox now.

ID3052

That's pretty terrible. Not horribly surprising but terrible nonetheless...

My fiancée has a bad knee when it comes to stairs. She can walk the park and wait in lines forever but, if it comes to stairs, she just can't do them. She gets a GAC and ONLY uses it on 2 rides that have stairs, Toy Stoy Midway Mania and Splash Mountain. It sucks that people are allegedly profiting via this system and ruining it for everyone that uses it legitamately.

Steve

ddbowdoin

It is probably closer to the other way around.

I concur, unfortunately.

The reality is in my mind the GAC cards should be for physical disabilities only. I can understand the issues that people have described above. What boils my blood is the "my child has ADD so he suffers in lines"... yes, I absolutely love being on my feet for 90 plus minutes with a Brazilian tour group behind me, or a guy who who forgot to use deodorant that morning.

The fact is, excuses are like ___holes, they stink and we all have them...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom