RFID Mugs + Coke Freestyle = Worst ever!

R W B

Original Poster
Currently staying PO French Quarter now and for this trip after seeing we had 4 ADRs booked we decided to just get the Dining Plan also. We've done the DDP a few times on a couple previous trips and we were looking forward to getting our little mugs. So last night we go to the food court and first thing I noticed is the Coke Freestyle machines which I think is the absolutely worst thing the Coke company has ever come out with. Drinks don't taste the same at all, im not sure how any cooperate exec signed off on this since personally I think it makes Coke taste more like Pepsi then anything else. Back home when I'm forced to use these I always run straight water through it to clean the hose out and then I let the Coke run for a few seconds because the carbonated water always comes out first before the Coke mix. This is where these nifty RFID chips come into play to ruin the day even more. The cup must be under the spout for it to work so while I can still clean it out with water im stuck with the extra carbonated water which makes the Coke taste horrible. So after realizing im stuck with this for the week I go along and just deal with it. Well the machine gave me a shot of Coke, that's it. Then I push the button again to actually fill my cup and you guessed it.... "Next refill in 3:00 minutes". What kind of BS is that?? So of course since the mug has to be flat on the base of the machine I can't tilt the mug which causes the Coke to fiz up and only actually have 3/4 full of coke and once again, I can't top it off because of the 3 minute wait. I'm spending a good amount on this trip total (it started at the FW Cabins) and I have to wait 3 minutes for refill on a DDP mug?

I know this is petty to most and '1st world problems' but it's still an issue that bothers me.

The shot of Coke I got
image.jpg

Last edited:

G8rchamps

Also not a fan of the machine- and I totally get the time frame and pour limit of the rfid. I think your just venting so I hope you have a great rest of your trip!

NYwdwfan

Currently staying PO French Quarter now and for this trip after seeing we had 4 ADRs booked we decided to just get the Dining Plan also. We've done the DDP a few times on a couple previous trips and we were looking forward to getting our little mugs. So last night we go to the food court and first thing I noticed is the Coke Freestyle machines which I think is the absolutely worst thing the Coke company has ever come out with. Drinks don't taste the same at all, im not sure how any cooperate exec signed off on this since personally I think it makes Come taste more like Pepsi then anything else. Back home when I'm forced to use these I always run straight water through it to clean the hose out and then I let the Coke run for a few seconds because the carbonated water always comes out first before the Coke mix. This is where these nifty RFID chips come into play to ruin the day even more. The cup must be under the spout for it to work so while I can still clean it out with water im stuck with the extra carbonated water which makes the Coke taste horrible. So after realizing im stuck with this for the week I go along and just deal with it. Well the machine gave me a shot of Coke, that's it. Then I push the button again to actually fill my cup and you guessed it.... "Next refill in 3:00 minutes". What kind of BS is that?? So of course since the mug has to be flat on the base of the machine I can't tilt the mug which causes the Coke to fiz up and only actually have 3/4 full of coke and once again, I can't top it off because of the 3 minute wait. I'm spending a good amount on this trip total (it started at the FW Cabins) and I have to wait 3 minutes for refill on a DDP mug?

I know this is petty to most and '1st world problems' but it's still an issue that bothers me.

The shot of Coke I got
View attachment 178774
I know you're frustrated - and I would be too - but the way you wrote the post and the visual I got in my mind is really funny.

Have an awesome trip!!

R W B

Original Poster
Also not a fan of the machine- and I totally get the time frame and pour limit of the rfid. I think your just venting so I hope you have a great rest of your trip!
oh yes, the rest of the trip had been and we'll be great. The machine is annoying but it's not a trip ruining type thing lol.

I know you're frustrated - and I would be too - but the way you wrote the post and the visual I got in my mind is really funny.

Have an awesome trip!!
Lol thanks. It's the details that make a story

R W B

Original Poster
I loathe Coke Freestyle machines. You always end up with strawberry/orange/raspberry Coke. Even when you run some water through it.
Right!

I love the freestyle machines. But there is a learning curve. That with the time limit is a recipe for disaster.
Exactly!

Then I predict a long and happy marriage!
lol thank you

Stick with the lemonades and powerade!
Ahh powerade, I'll have to remember that. I went and bought a 2L of coke for the room lol.

21stamps

:hungover: Yuck! You sound like my daughter...she doesn't drink soda....which I suppose is a good thing...but I hate Powerade out of those machines:hungover:
lol I rarely drink them, but I bought one of those big refillable mugs fo T at our local amusement park. He mixes powerade, lemonade, and a splash of either sprite or orange soda. The orange soda powerade lemonade is disgusting.lol

Courtney6682

lol I rarely drink them, but I bought one of those big refillable mugs fo T at our local amusement park. He mixes powerade, lemonade, and a splash of either sprite or orange soda. The orange soda powerade lemonade is disgusting.lol

OMG!! So does she...it's like a potion lol...so gross!:hungover:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom