RFID Mugs + Coke Freestyle = Worst ever!

shipley731

I love the Coke freestyle machines. (Mix of orange coke & Vanilla Coke is my go to). However I can totally see where the rfid chip cups would be a nightmare with the freestyle machines.

pilka214

I have a love/hate relationship with these machines. I love being able to add cherry to coke and sprite. BUT Mello Yello does not test the same, at tall, it's distinctly different. #1stworldproblems

Klpalmer

I love everything about this post. The rant about you hate Coke freestyle machine is spot on how I feel about it. It's unfortunate the chips cause this issue I hope Disney pays attention and fixes the issue!

Rickster7

Stayed at WL in August and Roaring Forks had regular cups out so guest could bypass the RFID crap. So you just grabbed a regular cup and you could get as much as you wanted. Dump it in your mug and on your way. I wasted a lot of soda. They made it a point to show everybody that was getting frustrated by the machines.

jaklgreen

I also hate the freestyle machines. You always taste what the person in front of you had. Like you said, normally you can run it for a bit but the chip cups make it a pain. I would send Disney a nice email telling them what you told us. You are not the only person who thinks this way. I don't drink that much soda anymore so it is not a big deal for me but when I heard that my favorite resort got the freestyle machines I was irritated.

21stamps

Stayed at WL in August and Roaring Forks had regular cups out so guest could bypass the RFID crap. So you just grabbed a regular cup and you could get as much as you wanted. Dump it in your mug and on your way. I wasted a lot of soda. They made it a point to show everybody that was getting frustrated by the machines.
We just stayed at WL last weekend. I didn't even notice the Freestyle machines, either did my kid. Oops!lol. That's one fail that I'm not too upset over. ;)

donsullivan

Premium Member
I love everything about this post. The rant about you hate Coke freestyle machine is spot on how I feel about it. It's unfortunate the chips cause this issue I hope Disney pays attention and fixes the issue!

Sorry but the 'chips' didn't cause this issue. It was caused by guests stealing soft drinks they had not paid for. After a certain point Disney was forced to do something to curb the abuse. All the rest of this is just a distraction.

How is it appropriate to run some down the drain before starting to fill your cup and all the other abuses others have acknowledged through this thread. All of this behavior is what led to the need for the RFID controls.

Herdman

We recently stayed at POFQ, and I had a similar issue with the machine. I was able to get my cup 3/4 full before stopping for the fizz, but then it said I had to wait just a little under 2 min for the next refill. I just kind of laughed and shook my head, and took my 3/4 full cup back to my room. :):)

JimW

Premium Member
I think it's the best thing Coke has come up with. There is a spelling error in your OP that made me laugh out loud.
I'm glad I wasn't the only one who noticed that. One little letter completely changes the meaning of that sentence. :)

radiorae

I have mixed feelings about the Freestyle machines -- when they first came out, I hated them, but now they've grown on me.

I actually really like the idea of having them at Disney, especially if they were to put them in the parks. Universal sells the RFID cups and has stations throughout the parks where you can fill your cup without having to wait in the long food lines. It was really convenient. They also had a timer, but I never had a problem with being locked out while filling my cup – maybe they had a longer “grace” period to fill it. If that’s the case, maybe it’s just a timing problem that Disney can adjust?

Though…I do remember that you couldn’t move your cup at all when using one of the machines; the minute you try to tilt it or lift it, your session times out and you have to wait (I think Universal’s was 8 minutes). So maybe it’s part timing issue, part user error in some cases?

jaklgreen

Sorry but the 'chips' didn't cause this issue. It was caused by guests stealing soft drinks they had not paid for. After a certain point Disney was forced to do something to curb the abuse. All the rest of this is just a distraction.

How is it appropriate to run some down the drain before starting to fill your cup and all the other abuses others have acknowledged through this thread. All of this behavior is what led to the need for the RFID controls.

It is only with the new freestyle machines that you need to let it run for a second because everything comes out of the same spout. So if the person before you got grape/vanilla/coke(or whatever) then that will get into your drink. I don't waste the soda doing that but I do run a bit of water first to rinse it out before I get my drink. This is not an issue that caused them to add chips to the cups since the freestyle machines are new. The issue was people bringing in thermos style cups and filled them up for the whole family without even buying a drink. If you are paying for your drink then I don't think it is an issue to flush the spout for a second.

csmat99

First off no one would have issues if they just stuck with beer. who needs soda? Secondly, i'm sure Disney will be coming up with the unlimited refills with no timeout cups for a low low cost of 49.99 a week but you do get a handle and nice plastic straw.

SDisney90

A lot of places around here have those freestyle machines...I hate them. You're so right about having different flavors while trying to get your drink of choice and to top it off the people that go through every, single page one at a time to make a decision. Had no idea these machines were in any resort..not looking forward for any "big" changes coming to all the resorts..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom