Review of new Potter Land

Tom

Beta Return
I like the longer timeline since I can mentally linger on the glory of the project. It gives me time to savor details. Each new picture posted on a construction wall whets my appetite. Each set of fly over pictures featuring dirt, trailers, and sheds causes the excitement to build and build, as I wait and wait for my desire to be sated. Each empty ride vehicle crawling along the tracks causes me to take off on a flight of fantasy. Oh man, didn't even get me started on when the ride vehicle has a sack of concrete in it or a mannequin. When I see rocks being painted I lose my mind. I kind of hope that the mine train doesn't open until 2024.

Well, at least you don't have to clear your browser history too often.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Is anybody actually on the Disney side of debate with respect to timelines? I can't imagine.

I don't really understand why people get so worked up over timelines either way. What's the difference if Avatar takes 5 years or 18 months to build. When it's done you can ride it. I am impressed with what Potter 2.0 looks like. I would be equally impressed if they took 5 years to build it.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
I don't really understand why people get so worked up over timelines either way. What's the difference if Avatar takes 5 years or 18 months to build. When it's done you can ride it. I am impressed with what Potter 2.0 looks like. I would be equally impressed if they took 5 years to build it.

I guess it's two fold.

1. I don't want to have to wait 5 years. Especially with nothing else in the pipeline to fill the gap.

2. Relates to #1 in that, since Avatar is going to take 4 years, that means we have to wait 4 years for anything new. Followed by another 3?4?5? years after that for something new again.

The protracted timelines all but ensure that we rarely see anything new.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I guess it's two fold.

1. I don't want to have to wait 5 years. Especially with nothing else in the pipeline to fill the gap.

2. Relates to #1 in that, since Avatar is going to take 4 years, that means we have to wait 4 years for anything new. Followed by another 3?4?5? years after that for something new again.

The protracted timelines all but ensure that we rarely see anything new.

I get that. But why take it out on Avatar because they aren't building anything else new. I guess my real question is if the exact same Avatar was opening at Universal in 5 years would it be considered somehow better because they had built a number of new attractions between now and then? To me each new attraction stands on its own positive or negative. I know I'm in a small minority here that think this way.

Csmith041177

That sounds awesome. I am of course a huge Disney-a-holic...but I think the WWOHP is the most well themed and intricately detailed theme park area in the world...period. It is literally like stepping into the books. If the news Daigon Alley matches that standard, then it will be a regular stop for us on every visit we make.

EOD K9

So, if my math is right, and it probably isn't, Avatar (the movie) will have been out for 8 years before the expected completion date. Is it still relevant?

Jimmy Thick

So, if my math is right, and it probably isn't, Avatar (the movie) will have been out for 8 years before the expected completion date. Is it still relevant?

The highest grossing film of all time not relevant?

Um, I think I will pass on that one.

Jimmy Thick- Scanning IMDB...

GoofGoof

Premium Member
It just seems to me that with the Potter films, along with Star Wars, are on fairly frequently. That being said, they are in the public mind. It just seems that Avatar isn't, that's all.

I was joking about Potter. The first movie was technically 9 years before the land opened. I left out the fact that 6 more movies came out in between the first and when the land opened and the last movie was on the way. It was definitely more relevant than Avatar. AvatarLand will most likely help to keep the movie relevant until the sequels come out instead of the other way around.

luv

I was joking about Potter. The first movie was technically 9 years before the land opened. I left out the fact that 6 more movies came out in between the first and when the land opened and the last movie was on the way.
And the books. Children LOVED those books, the characters in them and the world they lived in. Some adults, too!

Avatar will not be Harry Potter. Nothing can be.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
And the books. Children LOVED those books, the characters in them and the world they lived in. Some adults, too!

Avatar will not be Harry Potter. Nothing can be.
I read all of the books. I agree that AvatarLand can't be what Potter is and it isn't really trying to. Now StarWars is another story. That has a shot to be in the same ballpark and a game changer for DHS.

luv

I read all of the books. I agree that AvatarLand can't be what Potter is and it isn't really trying to. Now StarWars is another story. That has a shot to be in the same ballpark and a game changer for DHS.
I'm not a Star Wars fan, but if they build it, DHS is totally the place for it.

I agree that Avatar, which it seems they're hell-bent on building, will need to be taken for what it is and not compared to Harry Potter. I, personally, have mostly given up hope on my beloved AK at this point and am just hoping they don't completely ruin the park.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom