Resort To Park Gates: Bus vs Car

SyracuseDisneyFan

I feel the same way Variable. For me, another plus of having a rental car is going off site to get ice cream at places I don't have at home such as Baskin Robbins.

Goofyernmost

If you've got a fairly quick/mostly direct route to MK it can be very nice. If you're at the end of the run around around one of the resorts, or stopping at others along the way, it just sucks. Especially when you just want to get back to the room at night.
You would be surprised to understand that you will have as good a chance of getting back to your room at night quicker by driving then the massive wait for a bus. I have never been delayed and am back and in my room in no time at all. But, go ahead and convince yourself that the bus is such a wonderful thing. During that time I will be grinning and enjoying my ride back to my hotel room while you are still standing in that hot, smelly line. It is your prerogative, as driving is mine. You apparently cannot appreciate what is to be had during the time spent crossing the lagoon in the morning or at night and that is fine because then I can relax and enjoy the scenery, the lights and the atmosphere while you stand there and then get crammed into a 32 passenger bus with 65 people on board. What an amazing perk!

Howdy

Lurker extraordinaire
Premium Member
When we travel without kids then the buses are the way to go, but when we have the boys with us I almost always drive, everywhere. We use a big double stroller (necessary evil) so at the end of a long day it is very hard to collapse and carry the stroller while each of us is also trying to carry an exhausted kid. Also, I never use the trams. That said, being able to push the stroller straight out to the car, load a usually sleeping child into their seat and put the stroller in the trunk of a vehicle with comfortable seats, my music, and my temperature controls is lovely. Then take into account any bags that we may have with us, whether it be a diaper bag, a backpack, or shopping bags and for me the car is a no brainer. I really do not think that either one is really faster than the other, but what is convenient can change daily.

Next month I'm taking my son down for a daddy-Logan trip 2 weeks before his 5th birthday and since we won't be using a stroller at all I'm pretty sure that we will be using the buses just about the whole time.

JillC LI

On our first trip to WDW we thought the buses were ok although we disliked the crowds and having to stand occasionally. On our second trip we had a rental car because we were driving from Boca where we visited family first, and we discovered that it was far more convenient and enjoyable for us to take a car to the parks (except MK). We've rented a car on every trip since then. Our upcoming trip will be relatively short and low budget so we won't be renting a car this time, but if money were no object, we would.

danyoung56

I always rent a car, which solves the MCO to WDW transportation nicely. Almost always I'll take my car to the parks. I don't like waiting even a few minutes for a bus - I feel like I could be halfway there in the time it takes for a bus to arrive. The only place where this is difficult is at the MK at closing, where you wait in a long line for either the monorail or the ferry. Lately I've just walked over to the Contemporary, and hopped on a monorail there with no line. But then you have to catch a tram out to your car too, which adds a bit to the trip. Still, I'd rather do all of that than sit and wait for a bus!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom