Repainting of Epcot Central Plaza?

Nmoody1

it isnt up to Disney standard. Some shopping malls have better fountains!

on a side note... i never knew Disneylands MAGICAL fireworks used a song from splashtacular! I've been singing it all day now!!

The fountains are the main focal point behind spaceship earth. they really should work better than they do.

Bocabear

Hypothetical: What if the show was originally designed to be exactly as it is today? You don't seem to be objecting to the quality of the show in and of itself, but rather to the quality of the show with respect to how it was originally designed.

Similar: What if the yeti was never supposed to move? Would Everest be up to Disney standards?
Well...that is the argument for value engineering all future attractions... If it is mediocre from the start with very few moving parts, then no one will complain when we don't maintain it... aim low... and spend the money on marketing...that seems to be what is happening..

Bocabear

I agree about the fountains too...there has been a world of technology recently with fountain show systems...they should really tear it out and re-imagine it with 21st century technology...make it truly futuristic... but something really futuristic might clash with the brown and blue striped walls....

Sage of Time

That's exactly the point. A down AA would be a huge problem (the graffiti on Spaceship Earth in my analogy). But that's not what we're talking about. We're talking about theoretically broken fountains than guests CAN'T see.
You can SEE the Fountain of Nations' misaligned fountains and you can't hear the music well because of busted speakers. What more do you need to say that this isn't a well run theme park?

CaptainAmerica

You can SEE the Fountain of Nations' misaligned fountains and you can't hear the music well because of busted speakers. What more do you need to say that this isn't a well run theme park?
Maybe you're just more of a fountain connoisseur than I am because I was there very recently and I thoroughly enjoyed the show and could hear the music quite loudly. Woke the baby, in fact.

maxairmike

Hypothetical: What if the show was originally designed to be exactly as it is today? You don't seem to be objecting to the quality of the show in and of itself, but rather to the quality of the show with respect to how it was originally designed.

Similar: What if the yeti was never supposed to move? Would Everest be up to Disney standards?

I know you were asking Marni, but as I generally agree with him (and think he would probably agree with this)...in that case, I would allow that they are mechanically up to "Disney Standards" in that they are functioning at 100%, but I would still contend that they are not truly up to par knowing they designed something to be less than it could realistically be. It would no longer be poor show, it would just be subpar product, which is equally as bad. And no, I'm not moving the goal posts. We all know what they are capable of and should be doing. Expecting nothing less is quite acceptable, and should be how it is.

ABQ

Maybe you're just more of a fountain connoisseur than I am because I was there very recently and I thoroughly enjoyed the show and could hear the music quite loudly. Woke the baby, in fact.
And when your baby is old enough to be aware of such things, he or she won't care about the fountain either, as he or she never witnessed it fully operational. They also wouldn't care that both the Ellen AA and the snake like creature are MIA as they never saw them, and they'll be fine with it. They wouldn't know the planets could spin on the Astro Oribiter, but don't, but they never saw them, so they'll be fine with it. Footlight Parade doesn't spin or rain doesn't fall in the GMR, never saw it spin before though, so they'll be fine. WDW is banking on the blissness of such ignorance as it gives them no reason to budget for repairs and maintenance and just pocket the savings.
None of this makes it right though.

CaptainAmerica

And when your baby is old enough to be aware of such things, he or she won't care about the fountain either, as he or she never witnessed it fully operational. They also wouldn't care that both the Ellen AA and the snake like creature are MIA as they never saw them, and they'll be fine with it. They wouldn't know the planets could spin on the Astro Oribiter, but don't, but they never saw them, so they'll be fine with it. Footlight Parade doesn't spin or rain doesn't fall in the GMR, never saw it spin before though, so they'll be fine. WDW is banking on the blissness of such ignorance as it gives them no reason to budget for repairs and maintenance and just pocket the savings.
Aren't GMR and Astro Orbiter both planned for refurbs?

CaptainAmerica

Orbiter was just refurbed last year. GMR is vague on its plans as some think the TCM's sponsorship will entail something, but I believe @articos confirmed it's not nearly as extensive as what some would hope or believe.
Then that's disappointing. The planets on Astro Orbiter are what made Tomorrowland look so cool at night.

CaptainAmerica

They orbit the ride still, but they are also supposed to rotate on their own axis. They once did, they no longer do.
I believe they were completely stationary last week. Or do they only turn on at night? We were out of the park around dinner time every day.

KeeKee

Anybody know if there are plans to paint over the hideous stripes on the buildings in Epcot plaza or not? Who thought that was a good idea in the first place. Looks like a carnival paint scheme.

Texas84

Honestly, I probably wouldn't have noticed the new paint scheme if it wasn't mentioned here. I won't be upset if it changes again but I still like it.

hpyhnt 1000

Well put. Wish I could like this a thousand times.

It should be mandatory reading anytime someone claims that the loss of an AA or other effect is no big deal.

Monoblanco13

hey wouldn't know the planets could spin on the Astro Oribiter, but don't, but they never saw them, so they'll be fine with it.
*Side note * THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN RESOLVED WITH THE LAST MAJOR REFURB! Still frustrated cause they tore the thing apart and the planet still don't spin ugh...... So yea Epcot's paint job is not the best color choices but don't seem to phase me too much.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom