News Remy's Ratatouille Adventure coming to Epcot

monykalyn

Continuing the DLP discussion, I priced five days late next spring for me and the family. Wow. We could go for considerably cheaper than WDW with the deals they have going......if not for that pesky airfare. Round trip from ATL for the three of us would be almost triple the cost of the vacation. Oh well. One day.
there’s was RT air over thanksgiving this year for <$300 from Atlanta earlier this spring.
It helps if you're able to book flights FAR in advance. Like just under a year-out.
ballpark good figure? We will fly out of St. Louis, but it’s far cheaper to fly to New York first, then NY to Paris. Flights right now $350-$400 RT NY -Paris for next May. Looks to be a good time to go- kid graduation trip-

Is the Epcot Rat ride same as DLP’s? Probably not getting back to stateside parks for a couple years...unless oldest decides to do a third DCP.

SpectroBro

In the Parks
Yes
From last night:
DAAFEAA4-404E-4586-9256-5B3CD287D7D4.jpeg

nickys

Premium Member
“Fear”... “long and dark history”... it’s a few trees... these boards are a riot! I sometimes forget when I take a hiatus and get info elsewhere.

Over the years, WDW have removed trees and greenery. Have you seen the old photos of Epcot before FW was concreted over? Grass, flower beds all ripped up.

In MK the trees in front of the Hub were ripped up to create the huge concrete covered Hub there is now. The trees that made the HM seem, well haunted and creepy, were all removed.

A lot of the resorts have also seen trees removed, GF, WL and now the area next to Fort Wilderness.

There is a pattern here. :)

MickeyMinnieMom

Over the years, WDW have removed trees and greenery. Have you seen the old photos of Epcot before FW was concreted over? Grass, flower beds all ripped up.

In MK the trees in front of the Hub were ripped up to create the huge concrete covered Hub there is now. The trees that made the HM seem, well haunted and creepy, were all removed.

A lot of the resorts have also seen trees removed, GF, WL and now the area next to Fort Wilderness.

Yup. And I still maintain that "fearing" the continuation of a "long dark history" is over the top in a way that only these boards seem to get over minor things. 👍

And some of those removals are improvements IMO (hub & HM).

nickys

Premium Member
Yup. And I still maintain that "fearing" the continuation of a "long dark history" is over the top in a way that only these boards seem to get over minor things. 👍

And some of those removals are improvements IMO (hub & HM).

It may be over the top, but that’s not unique to these boards by any means. Your “minor things” are someone else’s important things and vice versa.

I would rather have trees than concrete, in general. I realise why they did it in the Hub, but it was a beautiful area when the trees were still there. And I see no problem with a 10 minute walk to get to a Gondola station, not every room can be right next to it. No different to the hallways at Kidani.

But it would be very boring if everyone agreed all the time.

eddie104

At least Epcot is suppose to get some of that greenery back with the overhaul 😊

Last edited:

MickeyMinnieMom

It may be over the top, but that’s not unique to these boards by any means. Your “minor things” are someone else’s important things and vice versa.

I would rather have trees than concrete, in general. I realise why they did it in the Hub, but it was a beautiful area when the trees were still there. And I see no problem with a 10 minute walk to get to a Gondola station, not every room can be right next to it. No different to the hallways at Kidani.

But it would be very boring if everyone agreed all the time.
Yes -- my minor things are someone else's important things... even a tiny little cluster of young trees that may or may not be removed... ... ... 🙄 Like I said, IMO the melodrama here and other boards like it around such minor things is a cut above (below??) what you find in most other places -- even other social media outlets wrt theme parks.

OT for this thread -- just responding this once since you put this here for some reason: Kidani is a poor comparison. It's cheaper. Riviera is priced like Bay Lake Tower, without nearly the convenience. That's my point in the other thread.

Always happy to agree to disagree! But the fretting over minutiae is a reason I take big breaks from places like this.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom