Remember When...

kaos

OK...
The Howard Johnsons on Hotel Plaza, and of course, the busses with the different flags... "Was that a solid orange or orange with a circle?"

Here's something scary... I have stayed at all the hotels on Hotel Plaza when they were the original owners... Travelodge, HoJo, Flying Dutchman... I even remember when these were out in bumble...

And who could forget when there was NO BUS DEPOT at the MK... and it was such a thrill to drive to the Contemporary because it was the only thing past the TTC for guests. I remember walking from the Contemporary to the MK before the bus depot. Too bad that all the topiaries had to be moved when they built it.

What's on the far side of Bay Lake? I never made it out that far on my water sprite... I guess it's water mouse now...... :p

Debbie

I also miss the Disney Inn:(
I also miss the extra special feeling there was to stay at a Disney resort; with only the Contemporary, Poly, Disney Inn and the Village (Treehouses, Fairway Villas,) you felt like a bigshot to stay on property
I also miss the Poly being $129.00 per nite, full rack price. I paid that in 1984.

monorailsilver

Gosh, I feel better knowing there are other's out there too who miss alot.

I also miss the old monorails (they were just 2 rows of seats and nothing in the middle...did they face each other, I can't remember that)

I also too miss Horizons, I loved the big screen at the end when you chose your ending.

World of Motion-waving to people as you were circuling up

In Fort Wilderness there was a make your own pizza area...I don't know what is there now.

I miss the Golf Resort (aka Disney Inn/Shades of Green)-we stayed there in 1975 or 4

When there was only one pool at the Polynesian-well not really I guess

When River country was the only watering hole to go swimming in (besides the resort pools)

So many things you all brought up to bring back such fond memories

MSEP...need I say more

Alas, the space mountain run.....

~Kerri-61 days and counting and I will be checking into the Polynesian....whooooo hooooooo:sohappy: :sohappy:

kaos

monorailsilver...

yes, the rows did face eachother.

This is going to be totally off subject, but I work a territory where you live. I am a recruiter, and have opportunities in your line of business. Send me a PM sometime.

kaos

hey Maria...
we gotta stop posting like this... people are gonna think that there's something going on.

Remember when you could buy a meal for a family of four for less than $20?

Maria

Originally posted by kaos

Remember when you could buy a meal for a family of four for less than $20?

No. I don´t remember that!. :D

LOL! I have not noticed that I post after you! :lol: I´m your stalker... hahahaha :lol:

Tomorrowland Ga

Originally posted by DisJosh

I think the only real reason for getting rid of Mr. Toads Wild Ride was because that kids today aren't really familliar with the Wind in the Willows story. So they brought in the ever so popular Pooh Bear. I've rode both...I personally liked Mr. Toads Wild Ride better even though I grew up on both Pooh and Mr. Toad.

I would have loved to ride MTWR one last time because the last time I rode was at least a good 7 or 8 years ago. :(
You can ride it for a mere plane ticket to California. When WDW got rid of the one in Florida and there was such a big protest about getting rid of it. They decided not to do the same in DL. So, it will be there for ya when your ready. :)

Tomorrowland Ga

Contemporary Arcade

Originally posted by disneydawn
Wow what memories you are bringin up! GREAT THREAD!

I have to agree: the old Tiki Room, Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, HORIZONS (loved the orange smell), 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea (seriously!), and If You Had wings....wow that was so cheesy, but we could get right on! Never a line!

I also remember the great arcade in the Cont. Resort...I went looking for it in 2000 & it wasnt anywhere near what it used to be! Then again, gone are the days of Pac Man!!!:lol:
I remember that Game Room in the Basement part of the Main Hotel. It ROCKED!!!! My sister and I had the best times there. All the cool teenagers hung out there. It was the coolest place in the land back in the age of tube socks, poca shell necklaces and corduroy Levi's. "Ah, Ah, a, Ah I'm Hooked on a Feeling and I am high on the leaving that I'm in love with you"

Tomorrowland Ga

Timekeeper Update

Originally posted by DisneyWorld30th
Anyone remember what was in the 360 degree theater before TimeKeeper? Was it Magic Journies? Is so, please remind me what that show was about!?!
The Original Show in the Bldg where the Timekeeper was "America the Beautiful" it was a 360 degree movie of the world. Kind of like Reflections of Earth, but more with a motion simulator feel. Everyone always got sick on it. LOL But, my Father loved it. He would embarass me with singing the National Antham very loudly with the shows version of it. Now it brings back not embarassment but the fondest of all memories. :king:

Tomorrowland Ga

Re: Remember when....

Originally posted by Tramp
...the Magic Kingdom was the ONLY park and it was open til 1am...and the Main Street stores closed at 2am?

...do you remember when tickets were required for all the rides...?
do you believe that blasted 'It's a Small World" was an "E" ticket?

Do you remember the 'OLD' railroad station in Frontierland across from Pecos Bills?

...I should dig out all the old memorabilia cuz I'm sure I've forgotten what I can't remember...:hammer:
I know exactly what you mean. Here goes nothing. Things I can remember:
1. The Swan Boats
2. If you had Wings
3. Mr. Toad's Wild Ride
4. Moon Burgers at the Starlight Cafe
5. Adventureland Veranda which served the best Pineapple Burgers with French Fries soaked in Kikomann Soy Sauce
6. The Mickey Mouse Revue
7. The Original Tiki Room
8. The Original Pirates of the Caribbean
9. The Penny Arcade
10. The Contemporary Game Room
11. Flight to the Moon
12. Mission to Mars
13. People Movers now called Tomorrowland Transit Authority
14. America the Beautiful
15 The Walt Disney Story off the Hospitality House Bldg.
16. Tomorrowland being Red, White and Blue
17. RCA Sponsoring Space Mountain and Kurt Russell singing with the Archies "Sugar Sugar", The beginning of the Home Shopping Network, Big Screen TV's and Home Security Systems.
18. The Grand Prix Race way which is now called Indy 500 Ride
19. Snow White's Scary Adventure actually being Scary that has now been tamed down.
20. Monorails with Manual Doors
21. Polyester CM's Costumes LOL
22. 20K under the Sea
23. When there was no Big Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain
24. When Cinderella's Royal Table was called King Stephens
25. Skyway to Fantasy land/Skyway to Tomorrowland
26. The Original Future Ending of COP
27. Discovery Island
29. When there was only the Magic Kingdom, 2 Hotels and Fort Wilderness Camp Grounds and one Golf Course and The Marketplace with one Shop and the Riverboat which is now Fulton's Crab House.
30. The Magic Shop
31. The Cinema that showed Steamboat Willie
32. Bamboo Chute pillars that separated the Polynesian Restaurant on the upper floor from the lobby.
33. The Main Street Electrical Parade
34. The Borden Ice Cream Shop on Main Street

Whew, how'd I do?

I am sure I missed a million things.

Tomorrowland Ga

Originally posted by tiggerlover1971
i miss horizons in epcot even though a new exciting ride will be in its place i liked it because it had the same family as cop:(
AWE.. :( I wished I had gotten to see Horizons in Epcot. I had graduated HS and joined the Army. Just as Epcot was about to open and didn't return until August of 2000. So to say the least I was gone awhile and missed somethings in between. I heard it was smashing :)

PrincessAriel

Wow, all of you filled me with such fond memories of such a wonderful place!! Two things that I enjoyed as a child weren't mentioned here I don't believe. One of them being the Captain EO attraction at EPCOT. I always used to think all of the 3D animations were always directed towards me lol. And Mickey Mouse's Birthday show in "Mickey's Birthday Land." One year I went back and my show was gone!! lol Such utter memories of many things in the past...

kevlightyear

How about when there were actually shows in the Judge's Tent in Mickey's Toontown Fair. . .or even better, when it wasn't called Toontown Fair. I loved the show with the Rescue Rangers and the safe in it. To bad I can't remember anything else about it. By chance does anyone have any pictures? That'd be great.

Oh, and the double decker bus going around World Showcase--one nearly ran me over. Thank goodness for the CM who caught the careless young me and pulled me to the side. Ooh, bad memory.

What about the old image works, ya know, upstairs with the rainbow tunnel. That was great.

I too loved the start of World of Motion. It felt like I was so high!

I'm sure more will come to my memory, but that's it for now.

Nansafan

We stayed at the Contemporary in August of 2000 and the Food and Fun Center were alive and kicking. Didn't get a chance to get there in 2001 cause we stayed at the Poly. When did it leave?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom