Reflections of Earth viewing location

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
The golden rule with scoping out a viewing spot for IllumiNations is WIND! The show uses lots of low level pyro, and generates a lot of smoke. Your best bet is to check out the wind direction before the show, and make sure you are not standing with the wind blowing towards you. This way, you will get a great view of everything as the smoke is blown away from you, rather than straight in your face!

Enjoy the show! :)

kevlightyear

Does anyone know if that area between the international gateway and France is open to guests for Illuminations viewing? If so, is the view any good. I know there are islands out there, do they block the globe?

RobVanDam

see, what we always do on out first night, we go to the boardwalk, tell the guy we're going to get something to eat and walk around the boardwalk, then end up taking a boat the international gateway and just stay there after you get off the boat .. but sHHHHHHHHHHHH my next trip i don't want to see anyone there :lol:

miamimickey72

Smoke is a problem

Your so right. This past 4th of July we went to Epcot to see the 4th Special RoE show. I looked at the clouds and the high palm trees to make sure that the smoke will not come my way. I found that it was blowing towards USA and away from International Gateway. So I sat between the gift shops facing the USA.....well 5 min into the show the wind changed.

All the smoke came my way.......and the amount of fireworks they had after the regular RoE show was so much....that I could not see much at all. I enjoyed the little i saw and the bangs.....but no matter how much you look....the wind can change on you at anytime.

But it pays to look and then find a spot with the wind going away!

MM

rlsrlj

Where do you get on the boat?...isn't the boardwalk outside of epcot?..it's been a while since I have been there-7 years or so leaving next week and I don't remember where everything is..thanks for your help!

Richard

DisneyDreams030

Relfections of Earth Viewing

There's a really good spot right in front of the Italy Pavilion in the part that sticks out into the lagoon. So far it's my fav spot. I would say that the spot at the front of the lagoon, between World Showcase and Future World isn't a good spot. There's a slight uphill area there, and they CMs let people sit in front of you once the show begins (and people stand up in front of you) :( Not so good...
BUT Italy is a good choice :)

WDWmazprty

We always go to the Mexico pavilion and sit behind the QS restaurant where all the tables are. Thats a perfect spot to catch the whole show.

sueuk

Where do you get on the boat?...isn't the boardwalk outside of epcot?..it's been a while since I have been there-7 years or so leaving next week and I don't remember where everything is..thanks for your help!

Richard

You leave Epcot at the International Gateway between France and the UK. From there you can catch a Friendship to the Boardwalk; Yacht and Beach Club resort and Hollywood Studios. It's a lovely, relaxing ride.

majorrfb

Between World Showcase and Future World

There's a really good spot right in front of the Italy Pavilion in the part that sticks out into the lagoon. So far it's my fav spot. I would say that the spot at the front of the lagoon, between World Showcase and Future World isn't a good spot. There's a slight uphill area there, and they CMs let people sit in front of you once the show begins (and people stand up in front of you) :( Not so good...

I beg to differ. My wife and I ALWAYS sit in the rear area, just in front of the rope the CM's place. CM is just behind you. We can sit, relax and since you are at the top of the hill, if you will,:sohappy: seeing the show has never been a problem

PLeyava

I beg to differ as well. Italy is a good spot yes, then you get the mad rush of everyone leaving, which can take some time but if you have patience, no biggie. BUT, between World Showcase and Future World, between the 2 shops, I have found is the best for a few reasons. It's closer than Italy is, so the fireworks look bigger and sound louder which is always good. The stage were CM's let people up to sit does NOT always open, most of the time it doesn't, so no worry. Plus people standing up front don't take up much of a view since the fireworks take place in the sky anyway, you don't miss a thing.

Like majorrfb said, sitting on the incline back from the CM's and people standing is good too, plus you get out quicker, if that helps. Even is Guests do sit on the stage, they take up no more room than the people standing behind them, but do sit on the stage if it opens, you're even closer then and have a great view of the fireworks! The globe, not so much unless you get between 2 Guests heads, lol.

I did a little study of mine and watched Illuminations from every county in World Showcase and found that this is a great spot.

PLeyava

MORE INFORMATION!!!! :D

I saw Illuminations tonight, and they let Guests sit on the stage in front (across from the American Pavilion) and the Guests sitting on the stage take up even less viewing space than the Guests standing right behind them, so all is good.

seast119

My Family's Favorite Spot

My family loves to be on the other side of the World Showcase because as the fireworks are being displayed the different countries light up at different times and it is just beautiful. If you are in one of the countries you do not even get to see this, plus you are closer to the exits when it is over. (That's our opinion )

EPCOT Explorer

MORE INFORMATION!!!! :D

I saw Illuminations tonight, and they let Guests sit on the stage in front (across from the American Pavilion) and the Guests sitting on the stage take up even less viewing space than the Guests standing right behind them, so all is good.

Wait, what stage? The one in back of American Gardens?!

EPCOT Explorer

It isn't a stage, rather an extension of the promenade at WS Plaza.
If you were to walk from Future World straight in to WS until you can not walk any farther, you would be at the described location.

Right. From what the poster described, it sounded like they were on the back on the Amer. Gardens Stage.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Does anyone know if that area between the international gateway and France is open to guests for Illuminations viewing? If so, is the view any good. I know there are islands out there, do they block the globe?

Those are two good spots, unfortunately they are often used for private parties or special events. They rope them off and set up tables etc. early, so you would know they won't be available.

Depending on wind, Germany, to the left of the Italy penninsula is good, Mexico if there is a seat at a table, or Showcase Plaza. offer the best views.

marthine

Me and my family ALWAYS stands by the Norway Pavilion:) If you ask some CMs where the best view is, most of them will answer the Norway Pavilion, trust me. You will not miss anything by standing there!:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom