Reflections of Earth improvements including new lasers

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
You are the master of feeding the anticipation monster.
Finally seeing the new additions in person and learning somewhat how they work in the show was very impressive. So many little subtle additions here and there bring new life to familiar sections and really plus previously quieter sections. I should have a video type thing available soon to demonstrate all of them.

Air traffic can still cause issues but that's beyond the parks control. ALF has had issues too but it's nice to see it return.

Father Robinson

Finally seeing the new additions in person and learning somewhat how they work in the show was very impressive. So many little subtle additions here and there bring new life to familiar sections and really plus previously quieter sections. I should have a video type thing available soon to demonstrate all of them.

Air traffic can still cause issues but that's beyond the parks control. ALF has had issues too but it's nice to see it return.
Martin, where did you watch from? I prefer my favorite spot in WS plaza, but would like to be able to experience the new effects to the fullest at least once if there's a better location to do that.

Sage of Time

I REALLY can't wait to hear about this. :D

Mr Anderson

Wow! Thanks for the info, and pending video - you're always such a great source for things to come.

Sadly, for one reason or another, we missed seeing RoE the last time we went, so by the next time we go back in late 2016, hopefully all of these changes will be standard so it's absolutely, completely fresh to us. :)

Thanks again, @marni1971

Last edited:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
Martin, where did you watch from? I prefer my favorite spot in WS plaza, but would like to be able to experience the new effects to the fullest at least once if there's a better location to do that.
China, Canada, Norway and the plaza area. Several times.

America seems more prone to being stopped due to air traffic. Shame since it's the symmetrical view but nothing can be done by the crew. Blame the planes. To see the new island lasers best I'd suggest China to Mexico or Canada to Rose and Crown.

Video coming very very soon.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
I'm confused. Airplanes going where (to Orlando International) cause issues with Illuminations? Really?
Really. This is an FAA ruling.

Aircraft within the designated swept path of any laser. There are spotters on the crew who look for aircraft flying near or into the paths. Any potential clash and that particular laser is manually stopped for a minimum of 20 seconds.

Remember it's not Star Wars, it's retina damage and pilot distraction / temporary night blindness. The beams travel several miles. You've read about laser pens being stupidly aimed at cockpits. Imagine a show spec beam doing the same.

hpyhnt 1000

Shame on the aircraft intrusions, but safety first. Is it commercial flights in/out of MCO or private craft?

Looking forward to your video! Will there be an in-depth trip report at some point?

halltd

Aircraft within the designated swept path of any laser. There are spotters on the crew who look for aircraft flying near or into the paths. Any potential clash and that particular laser is manually stopped for a minimum of 20 seconds.

Remember it's not Star Wars, it's retina damage and pilot distraction / temporary night blindness. The beams travel several miles. You've read about laser pens being stupidly aimed at cockpits. Imagine a show spec beam doing the same.
Interesting. I never knew this.

Father Robinson

It's too bad the beams can't be adjusted to fixed positions that are low enough to fall within the property, out of the way of aircraft. For example, the one that does the "Siemens" writing on SSE after the show.

Next Big Thing

The beams certainly do travel well. You can see the lasers vibrantly clear from the Magic Kingdom entrance at night.

mikeymouse

**SPOILER ALERT** A few photos from the other night ... amazing show!
20150910_180247.jpg 20150910_180253.jpg 20150910_210332.jpg 20150910_210821.jpg 20150910_210825.jpg 20150910_210831.jpg 20150910_210845.jpg

jrhwdw

valenrandy

This looks really good Martin Thanks for the video! I had seen some of the updated lasers during our 4th of July trip and can't wait to see them again next week.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom