Reflections of Earth improvements including new lasers

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Original Poster
@Tom Morrow Peace on Earth. The name of the Holiday Finale. :)
WOW. Looks like Chaos got some too. And Adventure.

@marni1971 - new faces? I've never gotten a full synopsis of what goes on on the barge during POE.
Certainly suring the previous version there were doves of peace, multicoloured flames, and various faces of people from around the world.

As of last night the people from around the world have been updated.

I shot a lot of closeups of the previous at the end of my edit here:

http://www.martinsvids.net/?p=591

I'd love to see a closeup of the new version.

FigmentForver96

Certainly suring the previous version there were doves of peace, multicoloured flames, and various faces of people from around the world.

As of last night the people from around the world have been updated.

I shot a lot of closeups of the previous at the end of my edit here:

http://www.martinsvids.net/?p=591

I'd love to see a closeup of the new version.
Soooo Jim hill is saying a new illuminations is coming fall 2015...any truth to this that you can share? I feel he is pulling stuff out of the air but I wanted to ask.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

So far as I'm aware RoE is not going anywhere that soon. I'd expect Wishes to be replaced first.

So far as I'm aware, as of September.
Just to put this to rest there's no catch right, world of color or any movie character themed show will not be coming to Epcot andt hey will keep the theme between the boundaries of History, nature, culture and science like they always have because the only other show I would want to see arround that lake is a return of Illuminations 1 with today's projections.

Last edited:

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I think your keyboard needs a clean. Or a new battery.

WoC is not coming. Never was. Nor is IllumiNations. If that's what you were saying.
Yeah, My ipad does that from time to time but getting worse, I think its almost time to retire it.And thank god... those lasers make me paranoid like theres some kind of catch to them LOL. Seeing what they did to Maelstrom and other damage around the parks I cant even imagine what they could do to Illuminations. 5 minute fountain shows are enough for me, I have no interest in seeing World of Color, its just an oversized Fountain of Nations with a long running show and projections of movie scenes.

Last edited:

Sage of Time

World of Color is stunning. But I guess you've got to actually see it to evaluate it.
I saw World of Color nearly every night of my Disneyland trip.

Stunning, innovative technology. I was blown away every time.

But the show's 'narrative'? Or 'story'? Very abstract, very much a clip show. It's the best of modern Disney and that's about it.

Don't get me wrong, I love WoC, but it is a little lacking in the narrative department.

EPCOT needs abstract, but artful abstraction. Not just clips of films set to amazing technology. More like amazing tech and pyro moving along a wonderful journey through time and culture. :)

THEMEPARKPIONEER

It didn't get more abstract than 25B!

I loved 25B/98. Maybe even a bit more than the original Illumi88. GREAT music and laser imagery. :)
They can make Reflections of Earth just as abstract. All they need is to mount some lasers on the earth barge strong enough to hit the fountains. Order would be a great time to have some abstract images in the fountains one the Earth Barge is docked and maybe some solid images to compliment the images on the earth. With the solid state technology they have now it wouldn't be rocket science. Heck maybe those new lasers can do the job, they already hit the fountains anyway. I cant think of any better then what they have now for when the Earth is coming out. That tops any show I have seen at Epcot, the underwater part reminds me the Aquarium scene in 25A and the forest scene, forget about it, cant get any better then that.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom