News Reedy Creek Improvement District and the Central Florida Tourism Oversight District

peter11435

Wrong. All the taxes, local, county and state went back to them. Under the Reedy Creek District all went to them. It's on the old Reedy Creek District official website
Dude. You really don’t know what you’re talking about. Like at all.

Any county and state taxes went to the county and state. Only taxes collected by RCID go to RCID. Taxes collected by RCID go to municipal infrastructure and services in the district.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Not saying anyone should feel sad for him. Just saying that this happens to any and everyone in public office regardless of how "good" they are.
I don’t disagree. You couldn’t pay me to run for office these days. I think we need better stalking laws in this country. Nothing that ties up the courts just a simple rule like if you call someone to harass them they can punch you in the nose. 1 punch, no weapons,, no arrests.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
This one is so easily proven wrong that it's hilarious.

You can go to the Orange Count Tax Collector's website right now and check out the tax bill for any part of Disney property, where it will show you where their their tax payments are routed to.
Check it out. Here's the property tax bill for Magic Kingdom - just Magic Kingdom Park, not the TTC, not the parking lot.

What's that? 15% of that is going Orange County, plus additional 13% to Orange County Schools.

Screenshot 2023-05-01 at 12.28.25 PM.png

GrumpyFan

Check it out. Here's the property tax bill for Magic Kingdom - just Magic Kingdom Park, not the TTC, not the parking lot.

What's that? 15% of that is going Orange County, plus additional 13% to Orange County Schools.

View attachment 713854
Good thing they're in a "special tax district" and get a "tax break". Otherwise they would have to pay their “fair share”.;) 😆

Last edited:

WDWHero

I can't find it in this thread, but can someone tell me what taxes the businesses at Disney Springs pay that would be affected by RCID raising taxes?

TestTrack

I really wish @seascape in that video would have said after he voiced his opinion that "I fully expect to receive notice that the taxes have been increased on DVC properties owned by users active on the WDWmagic forum who's name's reference water"

You know....laws not targeted to any one person in particular....just a happy coincidence.

mj135

Blogmickey article says to "uphold and enforce the Board’s April 26th, 2023 legislative findings"

The Board is too late. Disney will ask for the cases combined in the federal court where their suit was filed and the federal court will likely agree given "diversity jurisdiction (i.e. Disney is likely organized in California) and the significant federal questions/issues involved ( 1st Amendment and Contract Clause). DeSantis is pushing a loosing position.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom