Reedy Creek Fire Department working to rescue guests stuck on The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror

DCBaker

Premium Member
Original Poster
WFTV is reporting Reedy Creek Fire Department is working to rescue more than two dozen people on The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror as the ride is "stuck". Fire officials told WFTV the 28 guests have been stuck for about 45 minutes and it is not clear what caused the ride to get stuck.

Update from @wdwmagic below.

Last edited:

dreday3

Oh my god. They are really stuck in an elevator!

True story, I got stuck in an elevator once. By myself. I had my lunch and I just sat in there and ate it. Then about an hour later they got the doors open and I had to slide out across the floor and they grabbed me because I was between floors. 😄

Touchdown

Well the ride is still open, wait currently 35 min. 85 min wait for R&RC so either they were successful or the rescue effort is not forcing them to close the other side.

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
This is the only elevator I wouldn't mind getting stuck on; but I'd still be on the verge of a panic attack.

Clowd Nyne

I would be staying at poly after all of that
IMG_5253.gif

ToTBellHop

How exactly do you falsely believe the fire department was there? You either see the big truck or you don’t. Did they rely on some fool in the park on Insta?

vwvoyager

Friends and I were stuck on Tower of Terror a few years back, and they called the fire department to get us out. The elevator went up after loading, but sunk down and went below the loading deck and stopped. Sat there for under an hour with the door open and cast members talking to us, handing us water. Fire dept came to help us get us out one by one.

DisneyFanatic12

Friends and I were stuck on Tower of Terror a few years back, and they called the fire department to get us out. The elevator went up after loading, but sunk down and went below the loading deck and stopped. Sat there for under an hour with the door open and cast members talking to us, handing us water. Fire dept came to help us get us out one by one.
We got stuck at the bottom of the drop segment a few years back. It was dark for about 30mins before someone came with a flashlight to check on us. You could hear him approaching the “elevator”, so everyone thought it was a ghost/zombie. He played along and said “I am NOT a zombie”, and everyone said “That’s exactly what a zombie would say!”.

It was a really funny moment, and we got off the ride only about an hour after the stop.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom