Really need an automatic save draft feature.....

R W B

Original Poster
Just spent 2 hours typing up a trip report with pictures and all and when I was proof reading it, I noticed a grammatical error so I hit my backspace button to delete my error and it reloaded the previous page which was a completely blank New Thread page.

I lost it all and unfortunately I don't have time to redo it. Just something to think about. Not sure if its possible or not. I know Gmail has something like that but IDK of any forums.

R W B

Original Poster
Well, I'm not sure either. Maybe it's because of how the previous page reloaded or something. Idk.

That is good to know the feature is there and is usable in some form.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I think if that happens you can hit the "Page Forward" in your browser and it'll return you to where you were and your post should be there up to where it last auto-saved.

You may have accidentally hit the space bar when you hit backspace, which is the equivalent of "Page Back" in my browser.

R W B

Original Poster
It's possible I hit the space bar, I'm lot sure.

I did hit the page forward button right after but that didn't work. Ill just have to find some time to write it out again.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
You can manually save a post at any time by hitting the floppy disk icon on the editor toolbar. If you do not do that it will auto save every 60 seconds.

If you move off that page, the draft should be reloaded if you attempt to do the same thing again in the same board (ie. reply, or create new thread).

When the draft is saved you will see some light gray text in the editor box saying DRAFT SAVED.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
For god's sake man, I have the opposite problem. I usually have a 7,8,9 page long diatribe detailing everything wrong with whatever @Monty has posted and then when I read what I suggest he does with his extended family and various species of local farm animals, I realize that I could be in trouble and next thing you know I forget my diatribe is there and I look at my post about how the All Star Sports food court is my special place to feel centered and one with the universe and all this horrible stuff is just sitting there. Then, I have to go back and painstakingly edit my post. *sigh*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom