real red monorail for sail

BwanaBob

Absolutely incredible!

Going for over a dollar per pound! What in the heck would you do with it in your backyard / garage? Rent it out for birthday parties?

Captain Hank

Actually, someone in my area took a rocket from a closed amusment park and motorized it. It now appears at some local events. That's probably the future for this item.

Main Street USA

Welp, I tried but was immediately outbid by another. I just can't go over $30,500. I've got about a hundred ideas for that thing. Good luck to the rest of the bidders! :)

DigitalDisney

That doesn't look right at all

How can the side "fins" be structually sound enough to support the entire weight of the monorail. I'd think it would have collapsed sitting like that, or it's losing a lot of its structural integrity.

Main Street USA

I thought the same thing. Plus, no offense Jose, but after reading some of the negative feedback you've gotten about damaged goods, shipping delays, and no response to emails, I'd be wary of forking over such a large amount of money to a stranger.

However, you've also recieved plenty of positive feedback, so you could be completely reputable.

TimeTrip

Read all about one persons purchase of a red Mark IV via auction. As a matter of fact, it appears to be the same exact one again. The first time it was sold, it was for $20,000 plus shipping. I wonder what the realy story is, since the pictures are from georgia (according to the article).

EDIT: oops WDWfreak already covered some of this. It does appear to be the same exact one (look at the post in the ground near the front of the car).

scottnj1966

TimeTrip said:
Read all about one persons purchase of a red Mark IV via auction. As a matter of fact, it appears to be the same exact one again. The first time it was sold, it was for $20,000 plus shipping. I wonder what the realy story is, since the pictures are from georgia (according to the article).

EDIT: oops WDWfreak already covered some of this. It does appear to be the same exact one (look at the post in the ground near the front of the car).

Yes remember the other part for sale a couple years ago. I remember it was sold by disney auctions and it was only going to be the cockpit nosecone piece. Disney decide to let him have the whole thing after he promised it would only be for show and never used.

The one for sale now must be the other end. It is more entacted inside it seems.

barnum42

I know in a past thread this vendor's reputation has already taken a knocking based upon their inability to spell. I made no comments on that thread but I can’t ignore that on this thread they have been unable to spell the world “sale”. :confused: :lol:

stuart

mkt said:
how do you sail a monorail?

Well i can tell you why its for sail....how else is it goin to get over here to bonnie scotland when i fork out the readies for it? :lol:

ITS MINE!!!! (i wish)

scottnj1966 said:
Yes remember the other part for sale a couple years ago. I remember it was sold by disney auctions and it was only going to be the cockpit nosecone piece. Disney decide to let him have the whole thing after he promised it would only be for show and never used.

The one for sale now must be the other end. It is more entacted inside it seems.

I don't know, I think I am going to have to agree with TimeTrip here. If you look at both pictures, they both have the little post in the ground (right in front of the nose). They also have what appears to be the same slab of concrete just to the right of the monorail. Plus the one in the first picture was all nice and bright red. Looking at the picture of the monorail now, you can tell it has been sitting out in the sun for awhile. Nonetheless, I would still LOVE to have it. Don't know what I would do with it though. Oh wait, I know...I could build a monorail beam around my house, and then I could just drive the thing in circles around my house. Sounds like a plan to me!!!!

joesauctionsale

Original Poster
spelling

i relized, i missed spelled it and and tried to spell it right but it would"nt change it, as far as our feedback, fed ex has damaged a few items, not our fault, and for email problems, ive discussed that problem on previous, forums.

now for monorail all pictures were taken by us no used pictures for past auctions itf there is a particular pictur you want to see lmk, it is in georgia, in a field next to a warehouse, anyways i thought you guys would just like to see pictures so that is why i posted it here.

BwanaBob

It IS the exact same unit sold before! The origional buyer is trying to make some extra cash. Look at the photo's backgrounds. TimeTrip is correct. I see the exact same barn, except with a lot more weeds than in the orig. photos from the other website (Monorail Society). And yes, the 'post' in the ground is still there.
a6_1.JPG

Kwit35

joesauctionsale said:
i relized, i missed spelled it and and tried to spell it right but it would"nt change it, as far as our feedback, fed ex has damaged a few items, not our fault, and for email problems, ive discussed that problem on previous, forums.

now for monorail all pictures were taken by us no used pictures for past auctions itf there is a particular pictur you want to see lmk, it is in georgia, in a field next to a warehouse, anyways i thought you guys would just like to see pictures so that is why i posted it here.
relized = realized
would"nt = wouldn't
ive = I've
itf = ?
pictur = picture
i = I
and and = and
anyways = anyway
georgia = Georgia
lmk = ?
:p Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Figment1986

Wow.... he spent all that money for it before... and now is sold it to auction people and will make a profit... makes sence... but why the monorail.... it is such a great item... if i had money i would buy it...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom