i = I
and and = and
anyways = anyway
georgia = Georgia
lmk = ?
:p Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Thank you. You beat me to it. :lol:

DigitalDisney

i relized, i missed spelled it and and tried to spell it right but it would"nt change it
What the deuce? There's nothing here that prevents you from spelling anything correctly. If some time would have been spent on your posts, they could have looked much better. Worst case, you actually go back and edit your posts.

CRJpilot said:
wow...Who cares what has been done with it etc. An old style monorail! Very Very Cool!
If you're going to drop down the kind of money this guy wants for it, then you'll really care.

BwanaBob

DigitalDisney said:
If you're going to drop down the kind of money this guy wants for it, then you'll really care.
Exactly!

A) If I had the money...I would want to know it was taken care of.

B) If I had the money...I sure as heck wouldn't have left it outside to 'decay' because...(remember, I would have had the money to do this :D )...I would have put it indoors or built something to store it.

A $30k collectable is NOT something I want sitting out exposed to the elements.

Kadee

Kwit35 said:
relized = realized
would"nt = wouldn't
ive = I've
itf = ?
pictur = picture
i = I
and and = and
anyways = anyway
georgia = Georgia
lmk = ?
:p Sorry, I couldn't resist.
You forgot one: missed spelled = misspelled

EDIT: Not to mention all those stray commas just lying around the (run on) sentences.

I can not believe the bid is over $93,000! WOW! Count me out! I'd have to live in it! Hey...what an idea!!!! Buy it, fix it up, and rent it out as a studio? Could you imagine living in a monorail?

MichRX7

Premium Member
I will say one thing, I purchased one of the BatB movie posters from Joe's Auctions on eBay and it arrived in really good condition and pretty quickly.

Now, about the monorail. I'm not sure how I feel about Disney selling off relics like this. I'd almost rather they stripped it down or put it in a wdw museum. To me it borderline tarnishes the name even more. Honestly, it's like parting off the company piece-by-piece corporate raider style via auction.

Who wants to see this thing sitting in front of some fly-by-night diner in middle America next to the largest ball of twine.

Number_6

I think if I bought it, I would donate it to the Museum of Science in Boston. They would probably love something like that.

Kadee said:
You forgot one: missed spelled = misspelled

EDIT: Not to mention all those stray commas just lying around the (run on) sentences.

I can not believe the bid is over $93,000! WOW! Count me out! I'd have to live in it! Hey...what an idea!!!! Buy it, fix it up, and rent it out as a studio? Could you imagine living in a monorail?

:lol:

HorizonsMan

Well usually i dont speak on this thing very often but i like to read, you all know me as the dancing bananna in the wdwmagic wiggles video, but i am also lovingly refrered to as horizonsman. Well anyway how this relates to the integrity of this post as well as Joe Auctionsales. I now work with Joe and i have seen some of the items he selling including a few that i know alot of you will want (SGE think) and i just wish you guys would give hime a chance. Just because he mispelled words doesnt mean that hes a troll or that he is bad at business, it could just mean that hes busy in his life and when hes on here hes in a hurry to get this stuff posted and get back to work. Now before you get on me for saying this stuff let me tell you that he is in no way my boss but is a coworker, hes a nice guy give him a chance thats all i have to say.

Jason

Timekeeper

"Sale Away"

joesauctionsale said:
...as far as our feedback, fed ex has damaged a few items, not our fault, and for email problems, ive discussed that problem on previous, forums.

I prefer ebay sellers who package their items good enough as to prevent damage during shipping. Companies that ship very expensive and very fragile items (such as computers) understand this. Expecting the worst shipping conditions is the responsibility of the seller, not the buyer. If that means placing a item inside a box and inside another box and inside another box (like Chinese nesting dolls), with padding between each box, so be it. The items being purchased are not cheap and warrant extra care. Shipping supplies are CHEAP compared to the closing prices on many of those items (and I'm sure buyers would opt to throw in a couple more dollars for that extra care.)

As for poor spelling and grammar, when dealing with a "businessman," such neglect is usually reflective of capacity to conduct professional business transactions. If this is not true in this particular case, then I suppose it's a situation in which the person knows they will make the sale regardless and need not concern themself with the above mentioned specifics.

While not wanting to make any "personal" comments toward that seller, I simply think it's easy to understand why some members of this board have various criticisms.

Regardless, I do appreciate the posts and the pictures. I don't think it would take much effort to improve the copy (text) regardless of how busy one is. Doing so would definitely help future users who use the "search forums" feature of this site find the content that they're looking for.

Timekeeper

barnum42

HorizonsMan said:
...i just wish you guys would give hime a chance. Just because he mispelled words doesnt mean that hes a troll or that he is bad at business, it could just mean that hes busy in his life and when hes on here hes in a hurry to get this stuff posted and get back to work.
It's not so much that he misspelled words, but he has completely murdered the English language :lol: Basic comprehension of grammar and spelling is critical in giving a professional image. Anyone who wishes to be taken seriously should acknowledge this and do something to rectify it. The odd mistake on a hastily posted board message is nothing drastic, but every sentence full of schoolboy errors is a bit much for someone wanting to be taken seriously in business.

The possible conclusions I can draw from the multiple errors in his posts are:

He does not have English for a first language and is still struggling a little bit with it.

He is Dyslexic

And the one most people jump to, he takes no care in what he does.

BwanaBob

Congratulations, missamy!...

You ALMOST were the proud owner of a red Mark IV 'nose-car'...

...and in the meantime, you've just made buyer #1 drool over the potential!

Hope you've got someplace to put it.

MissM

Reserve was not met. I assume it was probably set at like an even $100k. So...who knows? They might not get it after all.

Personally, I can't even fathom shelling out that kind of cash for something like that. I mean I love Disney and all but come on? $95,000 for part of a non-working monorail?
-m

WDWFREAK53

I would have a waterslide through the bottom of it (where the beam would run) and have it go into an inground pool...and the inside would be a pool house.

Timekeeper

I'm surprised Disney didn't just take this thing and sink it in Castaway Key.

Or maybe put it on display over in Tokyo.

My point: they had options.

:brick:

Timekeeper

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
WDWFREAK53 said:
I would have a waterslide through the bottom of it (where the beam would run) and have it go into an inground pool...and the inside would be a pool house.

I'd turn it into a part of a bar. With nothing but top of the line liquor on its shelfs. :lol: :slurp:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom