Reader’s Corner

Zipadeelady

Not yet but its on my list. I loved Book Lovers, Beach Road and People We Meet on Vacation. I didn't think Happy Place was as good but I've high hopes for this one, the reviews are promising.
I loved Happy Place. I think I read it in a day.

I ordered it on Amazon. Haven't read it yet because it was only just released a couple of weeks ago and I had a couple of library books that I had to finish first before their due dates.
I've read Book Lovers and People we meet.... I think I'll order this one for my upcoming trip! Thanks for the input.

k8einwdw

Original Poster
IMG_9031.jpeg

I finished this one last night - “Ready or Not” by Cara Bastone. I was looking for something sweet and fluffy after the heaviness of “The Nightingale,” and this definitely fit the bill! It involves unexpected pregnancy, friends to lovers, and found family, and it’s such a sweet, heartwarming story. I’d love to see this one as a movie.

Songbird76

I finished Dungeons and Drama book, and I really enjoyed it, being a singer myself, and married to someone into gaming. It was really sweet, though pretty cheesy. But it was just what I needed. Then I went on to read Hot Dutch Daydream, and Hot British Boyfriend by the same author. They were cute, but I think I should have read Hot British Boyfriend first, because Hot Dutch Daydream is the sequel, and I didn't realize it had some of the same cast. Not sure what I'm going to read next. If We Were Villains is our next book club selection, but I don't need to read it yet.

erstwo

IMG_8935.jpeg

Finished this one last weekend. Sweet as can be and an easy read. Katherine Center has a new book out and is doing a bit of a book shop tour -one stop of which I’ve been invited to attend.
Since I hadn’t read any of her work, I picked this out because it had the shortest wait at my library. Which probably means it’s an older book of hers? Really enjoyed it and now I know I can safely buy her latest to get it signed - and know I will enjoy it later!

Songbird76

I read Funny Story by Emily Henry. I really liked it. I was kind of sad that my local bookstore didn't have it, so I ended up having to get it on Kindle, and I'd rather support my local bookstore, but I didn't want to order it because they aren't very good with orders of English books. It goes wrong a lot and they tell me it could take a few weeks, but then I wait for 2 months, go in to check and see if it will be there soon, and they won't even have gotten it ordered. Or they get it in and put it on the shelf instead of telling me that it came in. I didn't want to wait for months for it. I'm glad I got it. It was really sweet, though not at ALL what I was expecting. But I really do like the friends-to-lovers type books, and it's nice to read fluff once in a while.

Tiki Traveler

I really liked it. It’s about Bletchley Park during WWII which is pretty well known now I guess, but I was unaware until I read this book. I liked having a little fiction with the historical.

PBS (Public Broadcasting)*did a series about women called the Bletchley Circle. Perhaps it was based on the Rose Code? They also did a second Bletchley Circle season which was darker about human trafficking at that time but both were good. They may be showing again on your affiliate or if you have the Passport streaming service. *Per Wikipedia the show was created by ITV and a third season may come to BritBox.

Last edited:

StarWarsGirl

I read Funny Story by Emily Henry. I really liked it. I was kind of sad that my local bookstore didn't have it, so I ended up having to get it on Kindle, and I'd rather support my local bookstore, but I didn't want to order it because they aren't very good with orders of English books. It goes wrong a lot and they tell me it could take a few weeks, but then I wait for 2 months, go in to check and see if it will be there soon, and they won't even have gotten it ordered. Or they get it in and put it on the shelf instead of telling me that it came in. I didn't want to wait for months for it. I'm glad I got it. It was really sweet, though not at ALL what I was expecting. But I really do like the friends-to-lovers type books, and it's nice to read fluff once in a while.
I can't decide if I want to read that now or wait and lug it on vacation with me. I have a good hardback copy (which was surprisingly cheaper than Kindle when I preordered it) but I have a couple of library books that I can only have out for two weeks, so I have to finish those first. So IDK. If I lug it on vacation, it will probably be left back in the room.

StarWarsGirl

View attachment 783997

Finished this one last weekend. Sweet as can be and an easy read. Katherine Center has a new book out and is doing a bit of a book shop tour -one stop of which I’ve been invited to attend.
Since I hadn’t read any of her work, I picked this out because it had the shortest wait at my library. Which probably means it’s an older book of hers? Really enjoyed it and now I know I can safely buy her latest to get it signed - and know I will enjoy it later!
I love her books! I've read most of them. I have one out from the library right now that is one of the few of hers that I haven't read yet. That book was also the first of hers that I read and I loved it.

That one, Hello Stranger, and Things You Save in a Fire are my three favorites of hers.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom