Reader’s Corner

k8einwdw

Original Poster
Hey, Hi, Hello!

I know there are quite a few of us on the boards that are avid readers, and I thought it might be fun to have a thread where we can share what we’re currently reading, book recommendations, etc. I glanced through the first few pages of the Chit Chat threads before posting this, so hopefully I’m not posting something that already exists on the boards.

With that said, I’ll start! I just finished reading “Love and Other Words” by Christina Lauren last night.

IMG_7134.jpeg

I devoured this book in four days, which is fast for me! This is a story about childhood sweethearts, who have reunited by chance after over a decade of not speaking. It’s written in both in the past and the present tense, and it’s a really heartwarming second-chance romance. 18+ 😉

Your turn!
@sheriffwoody
@annienevells
@Tuvalu
@TrolleyFollower91
@Songbird76
@slipperalwaysfits
@kbarry117

And anyone else who wants to join in on the virtual book club! Apologies if I forgot anyone!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Fun idea for a thread. I too am an avid reader. My kindle goal for the year is 80 books and I'm currently at 65. I've been reading a lot of Laura Florand this summer. I have been reading the Paris Nights Series and the Chocolate series. They are most definitely 18* in content.
1692360851942.png
The above title is from the Chocolate series.

And this one for my book club. It is number 2 in the series but I read all three, it has some slight references to the Chocolate series but they can be read independently.
1692360980894.png

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Hey, Hi, Hello!

I know there are quite a few of us on the boards that are avid readers, and I thought it might be fun to have a thread where we can share what we’re currently reading, book recommendations, etc. I glanced through the first few pages of the Chit Chat threads before posting this, so hopefully I’m not posting something that already exists on the boards.

With that said, I’ll start! I just finished reading “Love and Other Words” by Christina Lauren last night.

View attachment 738145

I devoured this book in four days, which is fast for me! This is a story about childhood sweethearts, who have reunited by chance after over a decade of not speaking. It’s written in both in the past and the present tense, and it’s a really heartwarming second-chance romance. 18+ 😉

Your turn!
@sheriffwoody
@annienevells
@Tuvalu
@TrolleyFollower91
@Songbird76
@slipperalwaysfits
@kbarry117

And anyone else who wants to join in on the virtual book club! Apologies if I forgot anyone!

I was going to say I have read some Christina Lauren books and I was suprised when someone told me it is actually two women that write together. Not that it diminishes the books at all

k8einwdw

Original Poster
I was going to say I have read some Christina Lauren books and I was suprised when someone told me it is actually two women that write together. Not that it diminishes the books at all
Cbs What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Wow, I had no idea!! 🤯

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
Cbs What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Wow, I had no idea!! 🤯

My book club is a romance one, we called ourselves the Smut Club. Our leader is super into romance books and has shared a lot of information about the authors. This is one author that was originally a theoretical physical chemist then became an lawyer then started to write romance to relax, her (like a lot of romance books) are very smartly written. So they aren't always just fluff, but they are fun!
Here is a website that our book club leader shared with us, fans of romance books might find it useful

https://smartbitchestrashybooks.com/

StarWarsGirl

Hey, Hi, Hello!

View attachment 738145

Your turn!
@sheriffwoody
@annienevells
@Tuvalu
@TrolleyFollower91
@Songbird76
@slipperalwaysfits
@kbarry117

I have that one on my hold list at the elibrary. I like those authors (they're a pair). I've read a few of their books this year.

StarWarsGirl

It's an older book, but I just finished it. I tend to favor historical fiction. This is based on the true account of children who were taken from their poor parents and were adopted out to wealthy couples.

View attachment 738210
I started to listen to that one (audiobook) but I couldn't stand the one narrator's voice, so it's on my list for actually reading. I recall it started out very sad, though.

erstwo

I love this! I'll have to get the app on my phone if I want to post images, but my favorites I've read recently and enjoyed were:

Tomorrow, Tomorrow and Tomorrow (this one has been optioned for a movie or series)
Hello, Beautiful!
And for a light, delightful read, I highly, HIGHLY recommend: Iona Inverson's Rules for Commuting

Project Hail Mary was way out of my usual reading range (not a sci fi girl) but I really enjoyed it

Ones I read and enjoyed but hesitate to recommend because they broke my heart (and not everyone likes heavy reading):
The Last Carolina Girl
The Marriage Portrait
The German Wife

k8einwdw

Original Poster
I love this! I'll have to get the app on my phone if I want to post images, but my favorites I've read recently and enjoyed were:

Tomorrow, Tomorrow and Tomorrow (this one has been optioned for a movie or series)
Hello, Beautiful!
And for a light, delightful read, I highly, HIGHLY recommend: Iona Inverson's Rules for Commuting

Project Hail Mary was way out of my usual reading range (not a sci fi girl) but I really enjoyed it

Ones I read and enjoyed but hesitate to recommend because they broke my heart (and not everyone likes heavy reading):
The Last Carolina Girl
The Marriage Portrait
The German Wife
I’ve been wanting to read “Tomorrow, Tomorrow, and Tomorrow!”

Marionnette

I have a card for our local library but it's part of the PA library system. That allows me to borrow digital books from the Philadelphia Free Library. Their digital books are Kindle-compatible and their audio books can be listen to through Audible. Sometimes I wait several weeks for a more popular book but I can always find something available to read while I wait.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I started reading electronic books on my phone when the library was closed during the Covid-shutdowns. I was really resistant to electronic books before that, but I ended up loving the electronic books on my phone. I always had a book with me and didn't take up any more space in my bag/purse! I ended up buying a Kindle in January of 2021, just the cheapest one possible and I love it. The screen makes it easier to read than on my phone. I can still check out electronic books with my public library card (we use the Libby app) and send those to my Kindle and I have that app on my phone too.

I still read plenty of paper books. I was recently asked to be on our town's library board and I learned that our libraries in Wisconsin don't get any circulation credit (funding) for e-books. The only credit we get is through the checkout of physical materials and more credit if it belongs to our library and isn't being checked out through our inter-library system. So I'm making more of an effort to check and see if a physical copy is available through my library system first before looking at the Libby app that the library pays for but doesn't get any circulation credit for.

StarWarsGirl

I also prefer tangible paper books, but I should probably invest in a Kindle as quickly as I’m going through books right now 😂
The Kindle paperwhite...omg. I love it. I can read in the dark but it looks like paper.

I also like that I can adjust the font size. At the ripe old age of 28, my near vision is going, so I have the font way big on my Kindle.

I also like being able to read books instantly. Like, "Oh, I need another book, lemme check one out from the library." Boom. It's there. I also have Kindle Unlimited right now.

It's also water resistant, so I can take it in the pool and not worry about wet pages.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom