Read Now! This Is Imporatant!

Testtrack321

Original Poster
Ok, calm down Testtrack. I seems like I have uncovered a new part of this little unexpected saga. It seems like we have hit upon revenge.

Steve Jobs is gainst Esiner now. Read the Jim Hill article. We know that.

Pressler went to Gap. Guess who is on the board of Gap?

Steve Jobs. I'll work more out, Pheonix, know anything?

Gap-->Disney-->Pixar-
/\-------------------|

MrPromey

Originally posted by Testtrack321
Ok, calm down Testtrack. I seems like I have uncovered a new part of this little unexpected saga. It seems like we have hit upon revenge.

Steve Jobs is gainst Esiner now. Read the Jim Hill article. We know that.

Pressler went to Gap. Guess who is on the board of Gap?

Steve Jobs. I'll work more out, Pheonix, know anything?

Gap-->Disney-->Pixar-
/\-------------------|

Well, at this point Pixar is apparently more in need of Disney than Disney is of them. Disney has secured a contract to do more movies with someone else and Pixar’s stock has recently taken a bit of a beating under the investor speculation that Disney may drop them at the end of the current contract as a result of Disagreements between the two companies… I don’t really think that Pixar needs Disney all that much to make movies these days but they do still need someone to help fund and then to promote them and I know of nobody else that can promote like Disney. We all saw the effects of that marketing the year leading up to Monsters Inc.

isnet396

Don't think he's just pulling crap. Jim is a very reliable guy, and is in the heigher eschelons (I wish I could spell it) of the Disney News people. He had a rather nice bio on mouseplanet before they gave him the boot.

Ian

RogueHabit

Re: Re: Read Now! This Is Imporatant!

Originally posted by MrPromey

Well, at this point Pixar is apparently more in need of Disney than Disney is of them. Disney has secured a contract to do more movies with someone else and Pixar’s stock has recently taken a bit of a beating under the investor speculation that Disney may drop them at the end of the current contract as a result of Disagreements between the two companies… I don’t really think that Pixar needs Disney all that much to make movies these days but they do still need someone to help fund and then to promote them and I know of nobody else that can promote like Disney. We all saw the effects of that marketing the year leading up to Monsters Inc.
Hmmm, will perhaps Lucasfilms and their FOX connection might come into play. I understand that there is a relationship there already and Lucas hasn't made a secret of his respect for the work that Pixar do.

Sherm00

I don't know how they will cut that much spending at the theme parks when they are planning new rides and stuff. just hope that what they do gove the themeparks gets budgeted correctly instead of all going to stores like pressler did. i don't think eisner has too many more years ahead of him I think he will retire once the parks start doing well again, and leave the next guy to take the blame.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Some websites seem to take a single fact, and somehow create an entire story out of it. Very creative. It's just a shame the story offers nothing new, and is the opinion of one person who has a somewhat slanted view of things. :animwink:

MrPromey

Originally posted by wdwmagic
Some websites seem to take a single fact, and somehow create an entire story out of it. Very creative. It's just a shame the story offers nothing new, and is the opinion of one person who has a somewhat slanted view of things. :animwink:

Yes, what amazes me is how Mr. Hill tries to act like he is a real journalist uncovering and presenting the truth to people. He has been right about things before but the problem is that there is no clear distinction in his writings about what is real and what is his opinion. You don't have to know a thing about Disney or the people who run it to look at what he writes and see that what he passes off as fact and news is more like commentary. Unfortunately, just like with everything else in life, when people are apparently confirming your own theories or beliefs, you tend not to question the details... Don't get me wrong, the door most certainly swings both ways... I'd just like to remind the cynics that are such great fans of Mr. Hill that deep down inside they may be hearing what they want to as well. EVERYONE needs to remember that the door swings BOTH WAYS sometimes. :)

alee4eva

Now, who's replacing Pressler? (not that i ever liked what he did for the parks. he's much better suited to the store/business areas not theme parks)

ACE

Why was this thread titled "Read Now! It is important" or something like that?

This info is not important unless you have some say-so in what Disney does or the decisions they make.

Just like everyone else here, I love WDW, but I couldn't tell you who the Exec's are, or what the budget is, etc...and it doesn't matter because there's nothing I can do about it.

Disney is a business out to satisfy it's shareholders and none of our whining is gonna make a difference.

Bottom line - no profit - no Disney. So let's just enjoy what we do have.

Sorry for making everyone mad, I just think that if you wanna talk about this kind of stuff then at least label the thread correctly so folks who don't want to read it don't waste their time.

OK you can all hate me and slam me now. I'll still love you all tomorrow.

:wave: ACE

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom