Questions about Disney Quest

GeoDonJac34

I know that no Annual Passes include DQ anymore. We purchased Premium AP's when they did but when we first used them in October they no longer covered DQ. Been on the phone to Disney today about it and another issue and they confirmed that DQ isn't included on any AP's anymore due to it closing in the near future.
I talked to Disney today and they told me that DQ is included for Premium APs. I don't have an AP, but my in laws do and we are all going together in January. Crazy to get two different answers to same question. I was calling mainly to ask if it was included with "water parks and more". They told me that it was included.

Matt7187

Original Poster
I talked to Disney today and they told me that DQ is included for Premium APs. I don't have an AP, but my in laws do and we are all going together in January. Crazy to get two different answers to same question. I was calling mainly to ask if it was included with "water parks and more". They told me that it was included.
It would be nice for them to put that on their website then so there isn't so much confusion. But thanks for finding that out!

MarkTwain

In regards to #2, I'm almost certain there's an adequately-sized shop near the exit of DisneyQuest, and I know they had DQ-themed merchandise a number of years ago. I don't know if they bother stocking unique merch this close to the building's closure, though.

mergatroid

Premium AP's no longer exist. We bought ours in August online but when we collected it at Will Call this October they issued us a Platinum Plus as they're now called that does not include DQ. We've complained to Disney about this at the weekend at have been offered compensation for this and another issue we had. They confirmed on Saturday that no passes include DQ any longer and neither do 'Premium Annual Passes' exist as such. I'd check again, sorry.

GeoDonJac34

Premium AP's no longer exist. We bought ours in August online but when we collected it at Will Call this October they issued us a Platinum Plus as they're now called that does not include DQ. We've complained to Disney about this at the weekend at have been offered compensation for this and another issue we had. They confirmed on Saturday that no passes include DQ any longer and neither do 'Premium Annual Passes' exist as such. I'd check again, sorry.
He puchased his in January. Is it possible it still includes DQ?

mergatroid

He puchased his in January. Is it possible it still includes DQ?

Well possibly yes but Disney will be the ultimate authority on that and the scenario is different with yours purchased in Jan and ours in July/Aug sometime. The guy who resolved our issue finally on Saturday though did stress that he couldn't add DQ to our pass even though it was on there (in theory) when we purchased it. He claimed that even though his job was to offer explanations and make things right, that management had even taken his right away to comp DQ tickets due to recent policy changes.

We'd also had issues obtaining magic bands after paying $1,400 for Premium AP's (that no longer exist) and whilst we spent 3 weeks at the parks we weren't provided with the bands in that period. However that's another long complicated story that I'm sure you don't want me to bore you with.

Bottom line, I sincerely hope your Premium AP's still get you in DQ after purchasing them in Jan. If they do then great, I'd rather one of the two of us gets in with them rather than us both not, even if that one of the two isn't me and wish you good luck. Maybe phone them and explain what happened to me and see what they say and again, I hope it's good for you ;)

thomas998

I plan on going to Disney Quest for the first (and probably last) time on New Years Day 2016, and I just have a few quick questions about it.

1. How long should I expect to be there if I want to do most of the attractions? We are planning on arriving at Downtown Disney at around noon, and would like to do our shopping while we are there. We then have our first fastpass at Hollywood Studios at 6, so would we have enough time to do everything at Disney Quest and still get to DHS by 6?

2. Is there a gift shop that sells Disney Quest exclusive merchandise, or just the same stuff you can find everywhere?

3. Most importantly, will it still be open on January 1st? I know it is closing at some point in 2016 and I can't find a specific date anywhere. Hopefully it still will be because I have wanted to go for a couple trips, and now that it is closing I am finally getting around to it.

If you know the answer to any of these questions, please let me know, thanks! :)

Just got back a couple of weeks ago and the maintenance of the games is beyond pathetic. I remember my daughter and I were trying to find games on one floor to play and it was a constant disappointment as the games wouldn't work properly... It might be a broken button or something else but on a video game you need everything to work to play it and I would say about 50% of the games we tried to play weren't working 100%.

We really stopped because one daughter didn't remember it and she wanted to see it before it was closed forever... Sadly even the onride video system where you get a video of yourself riding the roller coaster you create wasn't working... that was the one thing she really wanted since her sister had one and this was the first time she was tall enough so she was a bit bummed out....

To be honest the only thing really worth playing there is the pirates advanture where you wear 3D glasses and play as a team to sink ships... The other games that are exclusive to Disney aren't that good and the build your own coast at EPCOT is better than the one at DisneyQuest you just can't get a video of yourself riding it.

If you booked your trip through Disney and are staying at one of their hotels you should be getting passes to Disneyquest for free in the mail as your trip time approaches... But honestly I wouldn't pay extra to go there, If it were 5 years ago when the place was in better shape I might suggest it for a half day... but not now. Only if its free.

Greenlawler

OP,

Some people have answered some of your questions but here's my input.

Been going to Disney for 40 years and until last week never felt the need to attend DQ. I went only because I wanted to see it before it closed.

oh and of course there's a gift shop.

It was okay, I was content for a couple of hours, my kids could have stayed all day, but they are gamers.

Felt very worn and run down, technology had not been updated in well over a decade. Even the "state of the art" games felt outdated. We did enjoy the POTC game but that was really it for me. Even the pinball game so many love was just plain confusing, and no one really explained what we were supposed to do, all the while the DQ regulars stomped us.

Most of the game's tech was comparable to like a 1998 game system, meaning what you have at home or on your phone will provide better gameplay. They do have "newer" arcade games but mostly stuff that's stand up versions of popular home games like guitar hero.

The dark atmosphere reminded me of the arcades I grew up in during the 80's, of course that was intended to be sure, but it just added to the malaise I felt inside.

As far as being a part of the Water Parks and More...yes it is included. For everyone with a ticket they get "passes" for each days tickets that can be used at a water park, mini-golf, and or DQ.

Like others have said the NBA deal seems like an odd fit, and I am not a fan, wish they would do something else, but DQ needed a "bath". It just felt gross in there. All that said the NBA is enormously popular world wide and it might have potential.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom