Questions about Disney Quest

Matt7187

Original Poster
I plan on going to Disney Quest for the first (and probably last) time on New Years Day 2016, and I just have a few quick questions about it.

1. How long should I expect to be there if I want to do most of the attractions? We are planning on arriving at Downtown Disney at around noon, and would like to do our shopping while we are there. We then have our first fastpass at Hollywood Studios at 6, so would we have enough time to do everything at Disney Quest and still get to DHS by 6?

2. Is there a gift shop that sells Disney Quest exclusive merchandise, or just the same stuff you can find everywhere?

3. Most importantly, will it still be open on January 1st? I know it is closing at some point in 2016 and I can't find a specific date anywhere. Hopefully it still will be because I have wanted to go for a couple trips, and now that it is closing I am finally getting around to it.

If you know the answer to any of these questions, please let me know, thanks! :)

Nick Wilde

I plan on going to Disney Quest for the first (and probably last) time on New Years Day 2016, and I just have a few quick questions about it.

1. How long should I expect to be there if I want to do most of the attractions? We are planning on arriving at Downtown Disney at around noon, and would like to do our shopping while we are there. We then have our first fastpass at Hollywood Studios at 6, so would we have enough time to do everything at Disney Quest and still get to DHS by 6?

2. Is there a gift shop that sells Disney Quest exclusive merchandise, or just the same stuff you can find everywhere?

3. Most importantly, will it still be open on January 1st? I know it is closing at some point in 2016 and I can't find a specific date anywhere. Hopefully it still will be because I have wanted to go for a couple trips, and now that it is closing I am finally getting around to it.

If you know the answer to any of these questions, please let me know, thanks! :)
1. 3-4 hours should do it. There's really not that much to do there.
2. I don't believe so, but someone else might know for sure
3. It will close sometime in 2016, we don't know when, but most likely it will still be open on the first.

DisneyFans4Life

I could spend a couple hours just playing pinball lol. I don't think 3-4 hours will be enough if your kids want to do ALL of the attractions there. To be safe, I'd get there earlier in the morning when DQ is going to be mostly empty. That way your kids can do everything they want to do without having to wait very long.

MonorailLover

It's to close Q1 2016, so many of the VR "rides" are already closed. POTC, Alladin, Cyber Space Mountain, music maker, and Buzz, are all that's still open. Most of the arcade games are still there, except for TRON...... Curse you Disney!

Oh and also Fix It Felix is still there, so if you haven't played the game, this is your only opportunity, as I don't think they are or were ever sold to the public, since Wreck it Ralph came out.

Personally, I'd say arriving at DS at 12pm is a little too late if you want to be physically inside of HS by 6. Plenty of time if you only wanted to shop and get a bite to eat OR going to Disney Quest, but I don't think it's enough for both. The first time I went to DQ, my husband and I spent about 4 hours there, but we could have stayed longer. The attractions are fun but your kids will spend tons of time playing all the arcade games too. I'd suggest planning on getting to DS much earlier, or splitting up shopping and DQ! Have fun!

Matt7187

Original Poster
Ok, final question. Does the Water Park Fun and More option count for admission to DisneyQuest? I was under the assumption that it was, but I haven't found anything on Disney's website to confirm that.

ItlngrlBella

I pray for your sake that DisneyQuest at WDW is lightyears better than the pathetic train wreck we experienced at the one in Chicago before it closed down. Everything was broken and then computers went out and you couldn't make transactions. I'm so glad it was put out of its misery.

I'm sure it HAS to be better down in Florida.

mm121

I pray for your sake that DisneyQuest at WDW is lightyears better than the pathetic train wreck we experienced at the one in Chicago before it closed down. Everything was broken and then computers went out and you couldn't make transactions. I'm so glad it was put out of its misery.

I'm sure it HAS to be better down in Florida.
Nope its bad, hence its closing.

Just to bad they are closing it completely rather than revamping it with new capital rather than what they've been doing just milking it for cash these last many years.

and surely they could have come up with a more exciting replacement than the stupid NBA idea

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Ok, final question. Does the Water Park Fun and More option count for admission to DisneyQuest? I was under the assumption that it was, but I haven't found anything on Disney's website to confirm that.

I know in the past they used to include it, as I had used that option (but not in the past few years) to get into DisneyQuest. I just looked at a few online sites, and I pasted below the current options (in addition to the actual water parks of Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach, which are my main reasons for getting the "Water Parks Fun & More Options" add-ons to my Park Hopper ticket). I copied off the main WDW web site below:
  • Disney’s Fantasia Gardens and Fairways Miniature Golf
  • Winter Summerland Miniature Golf
  • ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex
  • Disney’s Oak Trail Golf Course (one round)
I was surprised to see that they don't include DisneyQuest anymore, but I do know that they have plans to close it for good, at some point this year, I believe.

Last edited:

KathyJetson

I have a question. If I pay for myself, my son and my mother to get in can you leave and come back? My mom and I will want to go shop but my son would like to stay there and play.

GeoDonJac34

I'm pretty sure Disney Quest is still included, at least I hope so. We just purchased the "and more" tickets for our January trip. The only reason was DQ. If it is no longer included, we wasted our money. We definitely won't be water parking it.

GeoDonJac34

I was very curious and went on Disneys site and I also could not find DQ listed as an option for the " fun and more" ticket. On this site it is listed (clicked info and then tickets) as an option and three others that I checked it is an option. Not sure why Disneys site doesn't mention it.

Matt7187

Original Poster
I was very curious and went on Disneys site and I also could not find DQ listed as an option for the " fun and more" ticket. On this site it is listed (clicked info and then tickets) as an option and three others that I checked it is an option. Not sure why Disneys site doesn't mention it.
That's what I did too. So I think I'm gonna call Disney soon and find out from them if it counts under the option, and I'll let you know what they say. I will probably not call until tomorrow at some point.

My understanding is that any Magic Your Way Package comes with vouchers to DQ regardless of whether or not you have Water Parks + More.

*Edit* Yes. With any Magic Your Way Package, you receive 2 vouchers per reservation for Disney Quest. From AllEarts.net in regards to what is included in the package:

• "Receive 2 vouchers per package, each valid for one admission to DisneyQuest Indoor Interactive Theme Park at Downtown Disney West Side. Under the age of 14 must be accompanied by a responsible person 14 years of age or older."

http://allears.net/pl/packages.htm

Last edited:

Matt7187

Original Poster
My understanding is that any Magic Your Way Package comes with vouchers to DQ regardless of whether or not you have Water Parks + More.

*Edit* Yes. With any Magic Your Way Package, you receive 2 vouchers per reservation for Disney Quest. From AllEarts.net in regards to what is included in the package:

• "Receive 2 vouchers per package, each valid for one admission to DisneyQuest Indoor Interactive Theme Park at Downtown Disney West Side. Under the age of 14 must be accompanied by a responsible person 14 years of age or older."

http://allears.net/pl/packages.htm
So if the trip was booked through Disney's website we will get all of that, or is that just if you book through that website?

mergatroid

I know that no Annual Passes include DQ anymore. We purchased Premium AP's when they did but when we first used them in October they no longer covered DQ. Been on the phone to Disney today about it and another issue and they confirmed that DQ isn't included on any AP's anymore due to it closing in the near future.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom