Question about ground transportation to Universal from WDW then back!

RetiredFRN

Original Poster
Not sure if I have seen this question asked before. Staying at WDW in July for 5 days, then going to Universal for 2 days. Want too use magical express, can I go back to WDW resort where I was staying and use magical express even if I have checked out 3 days earlier?
If not should I just rent a car? Use town car transportation from WDW resort --> Universal--> airport?
Was probably going to use town car to get me to universal and back.
Don't want to use bus. How much for a taxi?
What does everyone think? Thanks

slappy magoo

I think you can only use DME to return to Orlando Airport if you're using them on your checkout day. But I've never used them I could be wrong. On the 2 days you plan on going to Universal, could you still plan on staying in a WDW resort? Or have you already booked your second resort stay?

RetiredFRN

Original Poster
I think you can only use DME to return to Orlando Airport if you're using them on your checkout day. But I've never used them I could be wrong. On the 2 days you plan on going to Universal, could you still plan on staying in a WDW resort? Or have you already booked your second resort stay?
Hi no not staying at DW, planning to stay at Universal so can use express pass. Decided to use magical express to get to DW, than planning to use mears transport to get to Universal and back to airport. Mears and taxi cost about the same. Also cheaper than renting a car. What do you think?

slappy magoo

Hi no not staying at DW, planning to stay at Universal so can use express pass. Decided to use magical express to get to DW, than planning to use mears transport to get to Universal and back to airport. Mears and taxi cost about the same. Also cheaper than renting a car. What do you think?
I'm the wrong person to ask; we've only flown to WDW once, before there was a DME, and now we always road trip it. If Mears and taxi cost the same (which surprises me but again, it's never been an issue), I would guess the biggest benefit to taking a cab is that you can go when you're ready versus Mears' schedule. But on the flip-flop, you're relying on the cab being there when you want it. Even if you call ahead and schedule a pickup, there's less of a guarantee the cab would show up on time than, say, using a town car/limo service. I guess I'd suggest asking at the front desk of you Uni hotel which cab service is the most reliable and easiest to schedule a pickup. And if they go "nonono, take Mears, it's loads easier," take their advice.

Quicksilver

WDWMAGIC Transportation Sponsor
Not sure if I have seen this question asked before. Staying at WDW in July for 5 days, then going to Universal for 2 days. Want too use magical express, can I go back to WDW resort where I was staying and use magical express even if I have checked out 3 days earlier?
If not should I just rent a car? Use town car transportation from WDW resort --> Universal--> airport?
Was probably going to use town car to get me to universal and back.
Don't want to use bus. How much for a taxi?
What does everyone think? Thanks

Hi,

We are the transportation sponsor here at WDWMAGIC.

We also offer transfers between resorts ($45.00 with our towncar) and from Universal to the airport ($70.00).

Regards,

Gregory Nicolas.

KingdomofDreams

I'm wondering if anyone on these boards recommends or has experience with Mears towncars. I'm in kind of the same boat as the OP. I'm doing DME from MCO to our Disney resort but need transportation from there to our Uni hotel, then again from the Uni hotel to MCO. I've seen Quicksilver recommended here and Happy and FL Tours recommended on other sites. Mears seems to be the least expensive rate, but maybe their service is unreliable? Would appreciate any thoughts/opinions/recommendations. Thanks!

Mouse_Trap

Only a few bad experiences of the Mears shuttle bus from years ago. It can be very confusing trying to find the right shuttle. Once they failed to show and another time were 90 minutes late.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom