Q's for the Monorail junkie ?

SKYWAY 4 ME

Original Poster
I am curious to know if WDW ever ran the MKV and are they still using them (MKV)in DL ?

My 2nd question is who is the narrating voice on the Monorail here at WDW?
I have heard it is boxing ring annoucer Michael Buffer ? Is this true ?

John

brich

SKYWAY 4 ME said:
I am curious to know if WDW ever ran the MKV and are they still using them (MKV)in DL ?

My 2nd question is who is the narrating voice on the Monorail here at WDW?
I have heard it is boxing ring annoucer Michael Buffer ? Is this true ?

John
In my best Michael Buffer voice....
"Ladies and Gentleman. Disneyphiles from arooooound the World. Welcome to the Walt Disney World monorail with EXPRESS service to the Magic Kingdom. Standing near closing door rules are governed by the Walt Disney Corporation and sanctioned by the Florida monorail protection agency. Please focus your attention out the left side of the vehicle. LLLLLEEEETTTTTT'S Git READAAAY for MICKKK-AAAAAAAAAAA!!!" :lol:

Huck

brich said:
"Ladies and Gentleman. Disneyphiles from arooooound the World. Welcome to the Walt Disney World monorail with EXPRESS service to the Magic Kingdom. Standing near closing door rules are governed by the Walt Disney Corporation and sanctioned by the Florida monorail protection agency. Please focus your attention out the left side of the vehicle. LLLLLEEEETTTTTT'S Git READAAAY for MICKKK-AAAAAAAAAAA!!!" :lol:

Abso-friggin-lutely hysterical!!

PS. Don't even tell me that that Mickey in your avatar is wearing the uniform of the evil empire! It's hard to see, but dude... you are in the heart of the Nation!
Tell me I'm worng!

brich

Huck said:
Abso-friggin-lutely hysterical!!

PS. Don't even tell me that that Mickey in your avatar is wearing the uniform of the evil empire! It's hard to see, but dude... you are in the heart of the Nation!
Tell me I'm worng!
It looks like the duds of the empire but rest assured, it is the Sox. Unless someone hacked my avatar... :lookaroun Maybe I should change it. I'm actually sitting at my desk in my office looking at Fenway Park as we speak... :wave:

JKovach

Account Suspended
brich said:
It looks like the duds of the empire but rest assured, it is the Sox. Unless someone hacked my avatar... :lookaroun Maybe I should change it. I'm actually sitting at my desk in my office looking at Fenway Park as we speak... :wave:

your office overlooks Fenway??? You might be the luckiest man alive!!

My office... actually consists of me and two other people... and I got shafted cuz I'm just a temp, so I can always look straight ahead at the wall... :brick: or to my left and see... another wall :brick: , wait though, on my right theres... a wall :brick: ... hmmmm behind me is the other two peoples desk, and the solid view of a hallway, which on the otherside has... a wall :brick:

Last summer I had it made... corner cubicle with my desk facing outwards and a Window right in front of me... those were the days... :king:

brich

I can't see into Fenway but I can see the park. It does make working late a little easier on game nights with the lights on and that beautiful Citgo sign is lighting up Kenmore square... ahhhhh. Now back to our regularly scheduled Disney chat... :lol:

clight385

That is great!!

brich said:

I wonder what Disney shelled out for him to say that!

I here he gets 1 million for each “get ready to rumble!!!”

brich

Robfasto said:
Disney World never used the Mark V Monorails... the beams are a different width so it would be impossible

Here is a picture history of the Monorails Mark I to Mark VI
Great pics. What a shame Disney did not save a few of these for an on-site transportation museum. Or even just a Disney museum that displayed things such as monorail cars or ride vehicles from past rides and some of other cool memorabilia. A Yesterdayland Museum. What a bummer... :cry:

mrtoad

brich said:
Great pics. What a shame Disney did not save a few of these for an on-site transportation museum. Or even just a Disney museum that displayed things such as monorail cars or ride vehicles from past rides and some of other cool memorabilia. A Yesterdayland Museum. What a bummer... :cry:

Wish that were true. Some of the Mark IV Monrails from WDW were sold to the city of Las Vegas and were used there. They have since been replaced. Not to make you sad but check this link out and scroll to the bottom to see what has become of them. http://www.mouseplanet.com/karl/ht040715kb.htm

mrtoad

Robfasto said:
Here are some pictures of the Old Mark IV's in Las Vegas:

Mark IV Monrails operating in Las Vegas

The seats look different than I remember. I thought they were a metal material and were brownish tan in color. I had not been on one since the early 1980s as I had a Disney time lapse of about 8 or 9 years when my family stopped going and I yet to have the money to go my self.

Were the seats replaced or is my memory off?

Thanks,
Mike

Robfasto

Found this laying around - 10, Mark IV's
10mono.jpg

Robfasto

mrtoad said:
The seats look different than I remember. I thought they were a metal material and were brownish tan in color. I had not been on one since the early 1980s as I had a Disney time lapse of about 8 or 9 years when my family stopped going and I yet to have the money to go my self.

Were the seats replaced or is my memory off?

Thanks,
Mike

The seat have been replace many times I am sure.... but your memory is partly correct. Tan in color... ;)

MarkIVSeats.jpg

mrtoad

Robfasto said:
The seat have been replace many times I am sure.... but your memory is partly correct. Tan in color... ;)

10mono.jpg

10monob.jpg

Thanks, I thought they were tanish brown so that is good. Did the backs have a tiny pinhole pattern in them of is that a dream....

One of your images are not coming through, is it of the seats?

Thanks,
Mike

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom