Trip Report Protect the Dolls!-Our 1st Anniversary Trip Report!

Jambo everyone! Welcome to another PartOfYourWorld trip report! I am very excited to be writing this report, seeing as we spent a WHOLE WEEK in Walt Disney World!!! We’ll cut right to the chase and get this thing started first with the basics…

Characters: Me-Jess-25 years old, Disney obsessed, who one day dreams of becoming an Imagineer & my husband-Mike-follows along with my Disney craziness & loves DC comics superheroes. We were married just over one year ago at Sea Breeze Point along the Boardwalk, and it was one of the most magical days of our lives! Here is a picture of us from our wedding last year in Disney (this is my favorite and Mom @LuvsTheMouse took it!)
IMG_7655_zpse1a2dc36.jpg

When: May 10th-18th, 2014

Home Sweet Home: Beach Club Resort

We’re Celebrating: Our 1 year wedding Anniversary!!!

Here we go!!!!!!

Saturday May 10th

Our day started at 8 am heading to the airport!!! We were there in plenty of time for our 10:55 am flight!

We were lucky to have a brand new 800 series plane on our flight down to Orlando, and an awesome exit row seat just with the two of us! And we had a really funny flight attendant to boot. Thank you Southwest for an awesome flight!

After waiting forever for our luggage, we were arriving at Disney’s Magical Express!

So so happy to see this sign again!

After a few stops we arrived at the Beach Club!! First time staying here for both of us!

For me I try to savor every second of this moment…walking into a Disney resort for the first time of every trip. It’s one of my favorite moments because you know you are about to have the trip of a lifetime every time!

Peeking up at some rooms!

We went through our check-in process without even going to a front desk. I thought it was pretty amazing. An attendant with his touch pad came up to ask asked us the usual questions,, we had already checked-in online and had our magicbands. He went and got our welcome package and we were on our way to our room in 5 minutes tops! It was really great!

I love the Beach Club Lobby, especially the smell! I loved walking through it every morning and coming home from the parks every night!

We went on our way to Room 3702! It was a decent walk from the elevators but we didn’t mind!

At first when I walked in, I wasn’t sure how I felt about it (it had nothing on the Boardwalk! Boardwalk is still number 1 in my book!) But after a day we loved it and didn’t take long to feel like home!

Double Sink!

I loved these seashell pillows!

Welcome Home Mickey!

Longers

Can't believe I missed this trip report and also can't believe you've been married over a year now as I followed your last trip report with the wedding etc
Just read the whole report (taken over an hour!)
Love the photos they are amazing.
Can't wait to see the Fantasy of festival parade in November.
I also have an Alex and Ani bracelet on the wish list (never heard of them in the UK but read several bits on here)
Thanks for sharing and enjoy your Norway cruise next year.
Congratulations on your 1st anniversary

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
So I am way late to the party, but I am finally here!

Day One!

The Beach Club is a beautiful resort. I love seeing all your pictures, considering I have only ever seen the lobby, Cape May and the gift shop!

I NEED that Mickey Lamp!!! :D

I don't know if I would feel right, starting my trip in any other park than Magic Kingdom. Even that trip where we hung out in Epcot, I made my dad go to Magic Kingdom for like an hour first. We didn't even ride anything, I just needed to see my Castle and visit my happy place first!

I may need a shot glass from Norway! I don't have one from the real Norway. LOL.

I have always wanted to try Teppan Edo, but I don't eat veggies. Do you think I would like it? Can I order just the meat and noodles? I know, I'm picky.

Day Two!

Ok, confession time, I have a pillow that I have had since I was three. It goes everywhere with me. It even came on the cruise. I just keep adding pillowcases on it! It is probably at least 5 layers deep. But I can't sleep without it.

Can I have one of those Mickey Tarts for breakfast? It is Disney, I've had cupcakes for breakfast before! I feel like they are just teasing us, by having all those sweet treats out so early in the morning. :hungry:

I still need to order some bows for my next trip! Trying to decide which ones I want. I need some help picking them out. Wanna help?

No Beau Wrangler?? :cry:

Can you believe that I still have not seen Maleficent? No one wanted to see it with me!

Finally, Magic Kingdom!!!!

I want a Disney Starbucks cup, but I don't drink coffee. LOL!

I enjoyed the Mine Train. But I don't want to rub it in too much. :p

I should have known Little Mermaid would be first!

I prefer Snow White's Scary Adventure also! I remember you texting me very excitedly about your wait time for Anna and Elsa!

Okay, I will stop here, since you are texting me. Telling me to go work on my trip report.

The beach club is really beautiful! All the resorts are really! But the epcot and mk resorts are the most beautiful I think! I will admit it was a little weird visiting epcot and dhs before mk but they were both just so close and easy to get too! Funny though we went to mikes favorite park then mine before magic kingdom! But it was really really nice to finally see the castle sunday!

I will definitely bring you a shot glass from Norway! Just remind me when it gets closer!!!

And im sure you wouldnt be the first to ask for food there without veggies...maybe you could get double noodles instead! Im sure they get requests much more unusual than no veggies!

I will definitely help you decide on bows! I know right now her shop is closed since shes moving to FL but she should be reopening her shop in the middle of sept I think.

I know! I didnt see beau wrangler! He wasnt out at the time I saw him and when we went back we never caught them out! I hate when that happens :(

Don't rub it in about the mine train :/ lol

You need to see maleficient! I loved it! More so than the animated version different but loved it!

Now go finish yours! ;)

Ye it's a shame we couldn't get AKL for the rest of our trip BUT we were dissappointed that we didn't get to explore AoA last time properly so I'm glad we are getting the chance to go back! I want to try stay at a moderate next time, hopefully with free dining!

Ooooh great I'm so excited to try it! Everyone raves about it so it must be good!

Oh wow a marathon??! I'm so nervous about running a half, I find a 10km a bit of a challange as it is! Hopefully the next 60days (as of today whoop whoop) will make all the difference before my trip. I doubt I'll do much training in the week before the run itself with is being in Disney and all!

Training the week before a disney race is tough but definitely try to run at least a couple times! It will keep you going! Youll do great with a half think about mentally making the half and crossing the finish line I find that helps me alot!

Can't believe I missed this trip report and also can't believe you've been married over a year now as I followed your last trip report with the wedding etc
Just read the whole report (taken over an hour!)
Love the photos they are amazing.
Can't wait to see the Fantasy of festival parade in November.
I also have an Alex and Ani bracelet on the wish list (never heard of them in the UK but read several bits on here)
Thanks for sharing and enjoy your Norway cruise next year.
Congratulations on your 1st anniversary

Thank you for all the kind words and reading my reports! I truly appreciate it! You are going to love FoF!!!
We are actually planning to visit London for a few days after the Norway cruise! So pretty cool you're from the UK! Norway will be a lot of fun!
Thank you again!

Really great report. You have some awesome shots, especially of Epcot. You guys are too cute.

Thank you for your kind words! That sunset at DtD was the best I saw the whole trip. Just so beautiful. I cant wait until DtD is done...crossing my fingers its done when you go!!!
Thank you again!

angieandtrevor

WOW, what a great TR and like everyone else said, your pictures really were fantastic. I have to agree with you about the Beach Club, I thought the rooms could definitely use a little TLC but the resort itself and location definitely makes it a favorite on my list. I really, really enjoyed all your pictures along the Boardwalk, that is definitely my happy place :) Last year we were fortunate enough that my good friend (who also happens to be an amazing photographer) was at Disney with her family as well. So we had our family photos done all along the Boardwalk. They are definitely ones I will always cherish, I can't imagine how we will every top those (a Disney cruise photoshoot perhaps, lol). Thanks for taking the time to write this, it has been so fun to follow along on your little adventure !!

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
@angieandtrevor realized I never put your reply in here to quote it! Sorry!

Thank you for all the kind words!!!!! :)
And so glad you had a great time following along!!!!
The Boardwalk is beautiful for any kind of potraits! There are just so many places and angles to take pictures from it's unbelievable!

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom