Trip Report Protect the Dolls!-Our 1st Anniversary Trip Report!

Jambo everyone! Welcome to another PartOfYourWorld trip report! I am very excited to be writing this report, seeing as we spent a WHOLE WEEK in Walt Disney World!!! We’ll cut right to the chase and get this thing started first with the basics…

Characters: Me-Jess-25 years old, Disney obsessed, who one day dreams of becoming an Imagineer & my husband-Mike-follows along with my Disney craziness & loves DC comics superheroes. We were married just over one year ago at Sea Breeze Point along the Boardwalk, and it was one of the most magical days of our lives! Here is a picture of us from our wedding last year in Disney (this is my favorite and Mom @LuvsTheMouse took it!)
IMG_7655_zpse1a2dc36.jpg

When: May 10th-18th, 2014

Home Sweet Home: Beach Club Resort

We’re Celebrating: Our 1 year wedding Anniversary!!!

Here we go!!!!!!

Saturday May 10th

Our day started at 8 am heading to the airport!!! We were there in plenty of time for our 10:55 am flight!

We were lucky to have a brand new 800 series plane on our flight down to Orlando, and an awesome exit row seat just with the two of us! And we had a really funny flight attendant to boot. Thank you Southwest for an awesome flight!

After waiting forever for our luggage, we were arriving at Disney’s Magical Express!

So so happy to see this sign again!

After a few stops we arrived at the Beach Club!! First time staying here for both of us!

For me I try to savor every second of this moment…walking into a Disney resort for the first time of every trip. It’s one of my favorite moments because you know you are about to have the trip of a lifetime every time!

Peeking up at some rooms!

We went through our check-in process without even going to a front desk. I thought it was pretty amazing. An attendant with his touch pad came up to ask asked us the usual questions,, we had already checked-in online and had our magicbands. He went and got our welcome package and we were on our way to our room in 5 minutes tops! It was really great!

I love the Beach Club Lobby, especially the smell! I loved walking through it every morning and coming home from the parks every night!

We went on our way to Room 3702! It was a decent walk from the elevators but we didn’t mind!

At first when I walked in, I wasn’t sure how I felt about it (it had nothing on the Boardwalk! Boardwalk is still number 1 in my book!) But after a day we loved it and didn’t take long to feel like home!

Double Sink!

I loved these seashell pillows!

Welcome Home Mickey!

AJ's B

Loved the report. Getting ready for our family trip in 2 weeks. The cruise to Norway is really something to be excited about . We went on the Dream in October 2011 and cant wait to go on another. I also would love to go on the girls cruise with my daughters someday.

LisaBelle

Loved your report. Especially enjoyed how Mike protected your dolls! You got yourself a keeper! Hope you write a trip report for your Norway trip. Very interested in hearing all about that. Thanks for sharing your anniversary trip with us!

Disneygal1

Jessica, I have not finished reading your TR, but from what I'm seeing, it looks like you and your husband had a wonderful time! Your pictures are really great too! Also, I'm glad to read that you had a good experience at the California Grill. I haven't been there since before the major reno, so it's on my to try list for next time.

SeaweedCupcake

I can't believe I just saw this trip report! Caught up super fast! Great pictures as usual and useful with Akershus, Via Napoli, and California Grill reviews since we are eating there in November. :):)

PolynesianPrincess

My eyes got a little misty there at the end :(

Isn't it sad when you don't know when you're going back?! It's been 6 months since I've set foot in a WDW park and I am going a little stir crazy.

Yes, I know that I have gone on the Dream and to Disneyland since then, but those two places don’t have Epcot, or MGM or AK! I’m definitely starting to have WDW withdrawals and with no sign of a visit in the future, it’s depressing! At the earliest, we MIGHT be back for the Princess Half in 2016… Booooo!! But it’s good you have the Magic cruise next summer! That will be so much fun and I am soooo jealous I’m not going!!

Mike sure did a good job of protecting those dolls! I laughed out loud at the 4 people, 2 dolls comment. It was funny! :)

How cool to meet Ana and Elsa again with only a 20 minute wait!!

I like your thoughts on the Beach Club. We will experience it as well in November and we have similar taste in resorts I think so I’m sure my opinion will be similar to yours. The location can’t be beat but we loved the Boardwalk when we stayed! And the Poly and WL are obviously my top 2 so it will be interesting to see where Beach Club falls. And just like you, I am a deluxe snob now!! Haha

Thanks for sharing! You have (again) written a whole trip report before I have finished mine from September. And you did the Princess Half one too. Clearly, I am a slacker! :p

FlaggNL

We were on holiday so catching up with your TR just now! At first a late happy anniversay! Love your TR! Pictures are great! Love the SWW pictures.... it's on our wish list for some day in the future to be in WDW during a SWW! Just 65 days left and we are in WDW!! Thanks for sharing such a great trip!

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
sorry for the late replies everyone, went on a 4 day weekend trip last weekend and was busy before and after so haven't had a lot of time to come on! But I'm back!

I love your trip reports! So sad when they're over.:(

Thank you so much for following along and happy you loved it!!!! I'm sad when they're over too :( then the trip really comes to an end.

Awesome report, just so sad that is it over. Your pictures were so bright and vibrant just can't get enough of them. Thank you for sharing your magical trip with us.

Thanks so much for following along! I'm really happy you loved the pictures!!! Always happy to share my trips here!

Lovely report. Glad Mike protected your dolls and that you were able to get both girls!!

Thank you!!!!! :) hahaha yes I am happy too! We recently added Kristoff to the collection when we saw him at the Disney store a few weeks ago! (and Tinkerbell too...but that one is Mike's haha)

This was such a great report! Look forward to hearing more from you in the future!

Thank you for following!!!! Luckily I have a DCL trip planned in December with my mom so it will be soon!!!

OMG, Jess, those pictures from Cali Grill!!!! :inlove: No one would be able to resist taking dozens of pictures of that view and that sunset. What a great anniversary dinner surprise for you two.

Loved your Mulan tank! (and is it just me, or did that Snow White go a little too extreme with the teeth whitener? LOL) Laughed my head off at Mike's expression in the SSE descent video. :joyfull:

Great report, beautiful pictures, especially love the Flower & Garden pictures, they are just gorgeous (and it's my favorite time of year!)

Looking forward to the rest, and dying of curiosity about the title...:p

It was definitely a nice surprise!!! I can't wait to eat at the California Grill again sometime!!!!

Thanks!!!! I wish I would have planned it so we met Mulan the day I was wearing her shirt...oh well. I would have to agree about Snow White!!! :joyfull: It completely suprised me when he did that...should have known he would do that :rolleyes:

Flower and Garden is one of my favorite times there too! (Next to Christmas) It's just so beautiful!

GREAT photos from DHS!! I love the Hidden Mickey in this one!!

Totally agree they should have fireworks every night. And the people already camping out--that's just crazy!!

Thanks! I didn't even catch the Hidden Mickey in that picture! Good one!

Last edited:

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
Loving your report!

Thank you for tuning in!!!! :)

Oh, Jess, this picture is FANTASTIC!!

Friday and Saturday were picture-perfect days, and you made the best of them. Gorgeous shots from both Epcot and MK and Boardwalk and everywhere else!! And the Jess/Jessie re-take--classic! So glad you guys got to do that again.

Edit: Ha-ha-ha, I continued reading and noticed in your next post that you also described the day as picture perfect! And then I swooned some more over your pictures from around the Seven Seas Lagoon! So real, I felt like I was there. :D

Thank you Siobhan!!! :)

They were definitely picture perfect days, I couldn't believe how nice it was outside!!! I wish the whole week could have been like that, but it made those last days that much more special :inlove:

Also happy we got to re-take the Jess picture...I mean how many times will be all be there at the same time...didn't imagine twice in one year span!

Glad you enjoyed my pictures...I loved all the ones I took this trip, they were just perfect!

What a great last day you had! Great to see @plaz10 and @jesemeca in your trip report, too!!

The dolls are really very pretty. I LOL'd that Mike & Bill got the back seat with them.

I agree with you, I prefer the Boardwalk to the Beach Club and especially love being able to walk into two parks.

It's always sad at the end of a WDW trip, but at least you always write a trip report so you can re-visit your memories anytime.

This report was downright addicting--I couldn't stop reading it, my lunch hour ended a very long time ago :eek: and I'm way behind at work!!! :oops::p

Happy that we got to spend some time with @plaz10 and @jesemeca! Always nice to have Disney friends there the same time you are!

Always love writing trip reports! It definitely makes the trip seem longer...until the trip report part is over....then it's sad all over again!

Glad I could help you make the time go by at work!!!!! I won't tell anyone that I cut into your work time! :p Hopefully you got to catch up on all that work! :)

Loved the report. Getting ready for our family trip in 2 weeks. The cruise to Norway is really something to be excited about . We went on the Dream in October 2011 and cant wait to go on another. I also would love to go on the girls cruise with my daughters someday.

Thank you!!!! Hope you guys have a great time on your family trip!!!!!

The Dream is the only ship I've been on so far and it's just breath taking...I can't wait to try out the Magic!

Great report! Love the dolls, I'll have to keep my eye out to see if I can find them for my girls.

Thank you!!!! Yes definitely, Hopefully the madness for them is a little less now that Frozen has been out for a while, but who knows.

Loved your report. Especially enjoyed how Mike protected your dolls! You got yourself a keeper! Hope you write a trip report for your Norway trip. Very interested in hearing all about that. Thanks for sharing your anniversary trip with us!

Thank you for reading!!!! :) He is definitely a keeper! He actually encourages my Disney addiction, so I couldn't ask for a better husband!!!

I will definitely be writing a trip report for our Norway cruise! As long as everyone doesn't mind there won't be any Disney parks in it! I mean at least there will be a week's worth of Disney Cruise Line adventures plus some!

Loved your trip report and your pictures! Your Festival of Fantasy parade pictures got me really excited to see it for the first time in september! :)

Thank you for reading and the kind words!!!! You are going to LOVE Festival of Fantasy...I wish I could have seen it more times because 3 times wasn't enough!!! :)

Jessica, I have not finished reading your TR, but from what I'm seeing, it looks like you and your husband had a wonderful time! Your pictures are really great too! Also, I'm glad to read that you had a good experience at the California Grill. I haven't been there since before the major reno, so it's on my to try list for next time.

Thank you for tuning in!!! We had such a wonderful time!!!! California Grill, was great. Hopefully you will love it! I never went before the renovation so I had nothing to compare it to, but from what I saw it was perfect!

As a fellow Jessica, I loved the Jessica/Jesse pic! So Awesome! Gorgeous pics and made me happy and miss HOME at the same time. Perfect.

Hello fellow Jessica!!! Thank you for tuning in!

I can't believe I just saw this trip report! Caught up super fast! Great pictures as usual and useful with Akershus, Via Napoli, and California Grill reviews since we are eating there in November. :):)

Thanks for reading it!!! :) OOooow will you be writing a trip report for your November trip?? Glad it was useful for you!!!

My eyes got a little misty there at the end :(

Isn't it sad when you don't know when you're going back?! It's been 6 months since I've set foot in a WDW park and I am going a little stir crazy.

Yes, I know that I have gone on the Dream and to Disneyland since then, but those two places don’t have Epcot, or MGM or AK! I’m definitely starting to have WDW withdrawals and with no sign of a visit in the future, it’s depressing! At the earliest, we MIGHT be back for the Princess Half in 2016… Booooo!! But it’s good you have the Magic cruise next summer! That will be so much fun and I am soooo jealous I’m not going!!

Mike sure did a good job of protecting those dolls! I laughed out loud at the 4 people, 2 dolls comment. It was funny! :)

How cool to meet Ana and Elsa again with only a 20 minute wait!!

I like your thoughts on the Beach Club. We will experience it as well in November and we have similar taste in resorts I think so I’m sure my opinion will be similar to yours. The location can’t be beat but we loved the Boardwalk when we stayed! And the Poly and WL are obviously my top 2 so it will be interesting to see where Beach Club falls. And just like you, I am a deluxe snob now!! Haha

Thanks for sharing! You have (again) written a whole trip report before I have finished mine from September. And you did the Princess Half one too. Clearly, I am a slacker! :p

The end is always sad :cry:

I'm going a little crazy and it's only been since May! I would have never made it to June next year without anything so I'm glad I have this mini trip on the Dream in December to hold me over. It will be the same for us...marathon 2016...seems so far away but trying not to think about that yet! Don't want to wish the years away! Wish you could go! You'd have fun with all of us!!!

We definitely have similar tastes...Poly, WL, & Boardwalk. It's tough being a deluxe snob now :p For some reason I really have the urge to go visit the WL right now...ugh take me there now!

haha you'll finish yours soon!!! I mean you have to because then you have a Disneyland one to write AND a cruise one before your next cruise in November! (Which I'm assuming everything went okay with Ashley's job since the cruise is still on!)

Enjoyed reading your fun report! Your photos of the parade from the train station are great!

Thank you for reading!!!!! And thank you for the kind words!

We were on holiday so catching up with your TR just now! At first a late happy anniversay! Love your TR! Pictures are great! Love the SWW pictures.... it's on our wish list for some day in the future to be in WDW during a SWW! Just 65 days left and we are in WDW!! Thanks for sharing such a great trip!

Thank you for tuning in!!! And thank you for the kind words!!!! I can't believe how short of a time you have now for your trip!!!!! You all must be excited!!! Hopefully you can visit someday for SWW they are just so fun!!!

PolynesianPrincess

The end is always sad :cry:

I'm going a little crazy and it's only been since May! I would have never made it to June next year without anything so I'm glad I have this mini trip on the Dream in December to hold me over. It will be the same for us...marathon 2016...seems so far away but trying not to think about that yet! Don't want to wish the years away! Wish you could go! You'd have fun with all of us!!!

We definitely have similar tastes...Poly, WL, & Boardwalk. It's tough being a deluxe snob now :p For some reason I really have the urge to go visit the WL right now...ugh take me there now!

haha you'll finish yours soon!!! I mean you have to because then you have a Disneyland one to write AND a cruise one before your next cruise in November! (Which I'm assuming everything went okay with Ashley's job since the cruise is still on!)

It is still on for now! Ashley just reminded me the other day that she has Monday November 17 off. We had planned on flying back Sunday the 16 BUT since she has Monday off, we're going to stay Sunday night as well and fly back Monday! We had to switch from BCV though since they didn't have any availability so now we're at POFQ and will be going to MVMCP Sunday night! I figure it's cheaper than a park day and since we can enter at 4pm and stay til midnight, that's still 8 hours! An less crowded than it would probably be during the day. And we love the Xmas party so it works for us :) Bummed about not staying at the Beach Club but POFQ is another one we haven't stayed at yet so we're excited for that! Any building recommendations since I know you have stayed there before? :)

FlaggNL

Thank you for tuning in!!! And thank you for the kind words!!!! I can't believe how short of a time you have now for your trip!!!!! You all must be excited!!! Hopefully you can visit someday for SWW they are just so fun!!!

You cannot imagine how exited we all are :) Time is flying by and today we have the 60 day mark! So 30 days left before choosing fastpasses! In the mean time just reading TR's like yours :) And SWW definately is on the wishlist and will happen someday in the future!

dancingtodisney

I just finished reading your TR, I LOVED your wedding one last year and yet again this was brilliant. It’s so cool that you have been able to meet up with others from the forum too! I’m incredibly jealous of the resorts you have stayed in, I would LOVE to stay at the Polynesian and Boardwalk looks amazing plus as you said the location seems perfect too! We will be staying in our first delux this year (Animal Kingdom Lodge) and I’m BEYOND excited! We’re also staying in All Star Sports and AoA!

I was unsure about whether or not to go to California Grill on our trip, it just seemed really expensive and actually it’s completely booked out now and the reservation I made originally is a little inconvenient with the plans I had made but your pictures have me SOLD! I really like the look of the flatbread you got!

I loved your princess half TR too and actually it TR’s like that one that made me sign up for the W&D half this year!

Also your photos are brilliant, the kind of photos that transport me back the my favourite place! Thanks so much for sharing!

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
It is still on for now! Ashley just reminded me the other day that she has Monday November 17 off. We had planned on flying back Sunday the 16 BUT since she has Monday off, we're going to stay Sunday night as well and fly back Monday! We had to switch from BCV though since they didn't have any availability so now we're at POFQ and will be going to MVMCP Sunday night! I figure it's cheaper than a park day and since we can enter at 4pm and stay til midnight, that's still 8 hours! An less crowded than it would probably be during the day. And we love the Xmas party so it works for us :) Bummed about not staying at the Beach Club but POFQ is another one we haven't stayed at yet so we're excited for that! Any building recommendations since I know you have stayed there before? :)

That's good!!! Nice!!! Bonus day in the World!!! Bummer you had to switch :( but at least you get to go to MVMCP! POFQ is beautiful!!! It's so nice to go to DtD by boat and not have to deal with traffic going there. In the two times I've been we've stayed in buildings 1 & 2. Loved both of them had a view of the Sassagoula River both times!!! Just don't request 6 or 7 those are the furthest away from the main building.

Just found your TR!!! Loved every minute of it!!!
Loved ALL of your pictures :)
Happy 1 Year Anniversary ... May you be blessed with many more:inlove:

Thanks for reading and tuning in!!!! So happy that you enjoyed it!!!!!
and thank you!!!!

You cannot imagine how exited we all are :) Time is flying by and today we have the 60 day mark! So 30 days left before choosing fastpasses! In the mean time just reading TR's like yours :) And SWW definately is on the wishlist and will happen someday in the future!

yay!!!! Can't believe it's only 2 months away!!!!!! Thanks for reading my trip report! :)

I just finished reading your TR, I LOVED your wedding one last year and yet again this was brilliant. It’s so cool that you have been able to meet up with others from the forum too! I’m incredibly jealous of the resorts you have stayed in, I would LOVE to stay at the Polynesian and Boardwalk looks amazing plus as you said the location seems perfect too! We will be staying in our first delux this year (Animal Kingdom Lodge) and I’m BEYOND excited! We’re also staying in All Star Sports and AoA!

I was unsure about whether or not to go to California Grill on our trip, it just seemed really expensive and actually it’s completely booked out now and the reservation I made originally is a little inconvenient with the plans I had made but your pictures have me SOLD! I really like the look of the flatbread you got!

I loved your princess half TR too and actually it TR’s like that one that made me sign up for the W&D half this year!

Also your photos are brilliant, the kind of photos that transport me back the my favourite place! Thanks so much for sharing!

Thank you so much!!!! I'm glad you enjoyed them all!!! They are so amazing! It's so hard to go back to a value from a deluxe....i mean I love POP and the All Stars since I stayed there for years and years when we would go but now that I've smelled deluxe its hard to go back! moderates are nice too though. I haven't stayed at AKL yet! I hope you love it!!!! It's on my list to stay there sometime!

You NEED to go to California Grill!!! Worth every penny!!!!

Awww I'm glad my Princess report inspired you to sign up for W&D!!!! Definitely going to do that race sometime...my next runDisney goal though is the marathon in 2016!!! Good luck with the training!!!!!! You'll do great!!!

Thank you for the kind words on the photos!!!!

I really want to write one but I've never done it before! First time for everything :happy:

You totally should!!!!

jesemeca

So I am way late to the party, but I am finally here!

Day One!

The Beach Club is a beautiful resort. I love seeing all your pictures, considering I have only ever seen the lobby, Cape May and the gift shop!

I NEED that Mickey Lamp!!! :D

I don't know if I would feel right, starting my trip in any other park than Magic Kingdom. Even that trip where we hung out in Epcot, I made my dad go to Magic Kingdom for like an hour first. We didn't even ride anything, I just needed to see my Castle and visit my happy place first!

I may need a shot glass from Norway! I don't have one from the real Norway. LOL.

I have always wanted to try Teppan Edo, but I don't eat veggies. Do you think I would like it? Can I order just the meat and noodles? I know, I'm picky.

Day Two!

Ok, confession time, I have a pillow that I have had since I was three. It goes everywhere with me. It even came on the cruise. I just keep adding pillowcases on it! It is probably at least 5 layers deep. But I can't sleep without it.

Can I have one of those Mickey Tarts for breakfast? It is Disney, I've had cupcakes for breakfast before! I feel like they are just teasing us, by having all those sweet treats out so early in the morning. :hungry:

I still need to order some bows for my next trip! Trying to decide which ones I want. I need some help picking them out. Wanna help?

No Beau Wrangler?? :cry:

Can you believe that I still have not seen Maleficent? No one wanted to see it with me!

Finally, Magic Kingdom!!!!

I want a Disney Starbucks cup, but I don't drink coffee. LOL!

I enjoyed the Mine Train. But I don't want to rub it in too much. :p

I should have known Little Mermaid would be first!

I prefer Snow White's Scary Adventure also! I remember you texting me very excitedly about your wait time for Anna and Elsa!

Okay, I will stop here, since you are texting me. Telling me to go work on my trip report.

dancingtodisney

Thank you so much!!!! I'm glad you enjoyed them all!!! They are so amazing! It's so hard to go back to a value from a deluxe....i mean I love POP and the All Stars since I stayed there for years and years when we would go but now that I've smelled deluxe its hard to go back! moderates are nice too though. I haven't stayed at AKL yet! I hope you love it!!!! It's on my list to stay there sometime!

You NEED to go to California Grill!!! Worth every penny!!!!

Awww I'm glad my Princess report inspired you to sign up for W&D!!!! Definitely going to do that race sometime...my next runDisney goal though is the marathon in 2016!!! Good luck with the training!!!!!! You'll do great!!!

Thank you for the kind words on the photos!!!!

Ye it's a shame we couldn't get AKL for the rest of our trip BUT we were dissappointed that we didn't get to explore AoA last time properly so I'm glad we are getting the chance to go back! I want to try stay at a moderate next time, hopefully with free dining!

Ooooh great I'm so excited to try it! Everyone raves about it so it must be good!

Oh wow a marathon??! I'm so nervous about running a half, I find a 10km a bit of a challange as it is! Hopefully the next 60days (as of today whoop whoop) will make all the difference before my trip. I doubt I'll do much training in the week before the run itself with is being in Disney and all!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom