Trip Report Protect the Dolls!-Our 1st Anniversary Trip Report!

Jambo everyone! Welcome to another PartOfYourWorld trip report! I am very excited to be writing this report, seeing as we spent a WHOLE WEEK in Walt Disney World!!! We’ll cut right to the chase and get this thing started first with the basics…

Characters: Me-Jess-25 years old, Disney obsessed, who one day dreams of becoming an Imagineer & my husband-Mike-follows along with my Disney craziness & loves DC comics superheroes. We were married just over one year ago at Sea Breeze Point along the Boardwalk, and it was one of the most magical days of our lives! Here is a picture of us from our wedding last year in Disney (this is my favorite and Mom @LuvsTheMouse took it!)
IMG_7655_zpse1a2dc36.jpg

When: May 10th-18th, 2014

Home Sweet Home: Beach Club Resort

We’re Celebrating: Our 1 year wedding Anniversary!!!

Here we go!!!!!!

Saturday May 10th

Our day started at 8 am heading to the airport!!! We were there in plenty of time for our 10:55 am flight!

We were lucky to have a brand new 800 series plane on our flight down to Orlando, and an awesome exit row seat just with the two of us! And we had a really funny flight attendant to boot. Thank you Southwest for an awesome flight!

After waiting forever for our luggage, we were arriving at Disney’s Magical Express!

So so happy to see this sign again!

After a few stops we arrived at the Beach Club!! First time staying here for both of us!

For me I try to savor every second of this moment…walking into a Disney resort for the first time of every trip. It’s one of my favorite moments because you know you are about to have the trip of a lifetime every time!

Peeking up at some rooms!

We went through our check-in process without even going to a front desk. I thought it was pretty amazing. An attendant with his touch pad came up to ask asked us the usual questions,, we had already checked-in online and had our magicbands. He went and got our welcome package and we were on our way to our room in 5 minutes tops! It was really great!

I love the Beach Club Lobby, especially the smell! I loved walking through it every morning and coming home from the parks every night!

We went on our way to Room 3702! It was a decent walk from the elevators but we didn’t mind!

At first when I walked in, I wasn’t sure how I felt about it (it had nothing on the Boardwalk! Boardwalk is still number 1 in my book!) But after a day we loved it and didn’t take long to feel like home!

Double Sink!

I loved these seashell pillows!

Welcome Home Mickey!

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
Loving this report!!! And tell your husband no more ruining your food pictures!! Haha those are my favorite! Happy late anniversary!! :)

Thank you for tuning in!!! Haha don't worry he didn't ruin anymore!!! I made sure of it! :) Thank you!!!
And you're going on the Dream I see very soon!!! Have a great time!!!

Great TR! We too are headed to BC for the first time in September for our 16th!

Awesome! We met him 2012 during our 14th anniversary trip. We've been Laila nuts since 1998, still not a fan of of his men's fragrance line. He was very personable and spent a lot of time interacting with us and signing items.

Happy early 16th anniversary! Thank you for tuning in! Going to read your pre-trip after this!! So many trip reports and pre-trip reports to catch up on!!!

That's awesome! Glad to see he was very nice! Next time hopefully he'll be there again!!

Loving this again this morning!

Thank you for reading!! Glad you love it!!!

:DI love your report! fantastic! and happy anniversary! my husband and I are returning for our one year anniversary in October, this is making me so excited

Thank you for tuning in!!!!! And thank you!!! Congrats to you as well!!! You will have a great time!!!!

Love your report so far!! Your pictures are great :)

Oh and SmallWorldBows are the best!!!!

Thank you for tuning in!!! And yes they are the best!!!! I have quite a few!

Great report so far! Happy belated anniversary. DH and I went for our first anniversary too ( though we didn't get married in WDW :( ) We are heading back for our 5th anniversary soon.
Love the bow!

Thank you so much for tuning in! And thank you!!! WDW is a great place to celebrate anniversaries!!!

Yaya, another Jess report! In for all the outfits and rug pictures :)

Thank you for tuning in!!!! hahaha Allll Disney outfits headed your way!!! LOL

Enjoying the report and pictures!!

Thank you so much for tuning in!!!

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
Love, love, love your ToT pics!! Especially the ones where the lanterns are throwing shadows on the wall! Also love the princess pics in Fairytale Hall. We missed all that by using FP+. Not that I'm complaining about skipping a 2 hour line, but it would have been cool to see everything! How awesome that you only waited 30 minutes!

Thank you!!! There will be plenty more of those don't you worry! ;)

I noticed that you skipped all that with FP+ We had a FP+ later in the week for Cindy and Rapunzel and I was not a fan of just waiting in a stoned corridor...nothing interesting to look at! LOL. But it was a nice short wait! We couldn't believe we waited 30 minutes!!!

cfry06

Enjoying your report - always enjoy your reports!

Boo for not-so-great Columbia Harbor House. One of my fave stops in MK. Boardwalk is my fave too! Lovin' the BWalk love!!

Thank you for sharing.

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
Enjoying your report - always enjoy your reports!

Boo for not-so-great Columbia Harbor House. One of my fave stops in MK. Boardwalk is my fave too! Lovin' the BWalk love!!

Thank you for sharing.

Glad you are enjoying it!!!!

I know! It is one of my favorite stops in MK too! Maybe it was just an off day I'll still go back! Always love for the Boardwalk from me <3

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
Monday May 12th
We didn’t get up until 830. But we didn’t care because we were in no rush to go anywhere and had no plans besides a fastpass for Everest at 10:50.

I can’t remember where this picture is, but I love it because to me it portrays an old seaside resort in Atlantic City…oh wait…that’s what it’s themed after!

We had breakfast at the Beach Club Marketplace..just bagels I think and we explored Stormalong Bay to get a feel for when we wanted to go…couldn’t wait to try it out!

It was close to 11 when we finally made our way over to catch the bus to Animal Kingdom.

Checking my phone on the bus, it showed Everest as being broken down and I received an email that our fastpasses would be good for anytime, well that was good for us just incase the bus took a little longer since it stopped at Blizzard Beach.

We made it into Animal Kingdom almost 1115/1130. I hadn’t been here since I came with my mom in November 2012 so it was nice to be back after a two year break! Plus Mike had never visited Animal Kingdom so it would be like a whole new experience!

So pretty!

I love birds

The Tree of Life!

A nice cast member took our picture for us because she saw us struggling a little bit to take a picture of us with my Canon. This is also one of my favorite pictures of us!

We cut through one of the shops on our way to Everest because it was just so hot out!

He’d be so mad if he knew this was on here hahaha

Duffy is so cute in his little explorer outfit!

Making our way into Asia

I honestly forgot how much I loved the details in Animal Kingdom.

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
There she is!

As we walked up, they had just opened the ride back up about 5 minutes prior…there were barely any fastpass people in there so we hopped right on with our fastpasses as the standby was filling up fast.

It had been soooo long since I’ve seen the Everest queue…usually I always ride single rider since Mom never rode, so it was awesome to soak up the details! It was hard because the line moved so fast but I tried!

Respect the Yeti

The Yeti Knows Best

We were in the last row!

So I saw the video where the broken tracks were removed…scary as heck but would have been fun to ride it in the front!!!!

I took another ride in the single riders line since Mike didn't feel up to another ride (he loved it though sometimes he just can’t go on roller coasters over and over again like me :D)

After my ride, we made our way through Dino Land USA to our next destination and fastpass.

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
Guess where we were making our way too?

These two happened to be walking by!

We used our fastpasses even though it was only a 30 minute posted wait…seemed a little less when we went by but we walked right in!

Can you tell I love this ride? I’ve been on it so many times and know it’s coming and it’s not a big deal but everytime it still gets me!

We walked back towards Asia past this beauty again

Since it was really hot out we were hoping Kali River Rapids wasn’t too long of a wait…posted wait time was 45 minutes I think, but we waited anyway because we had nothing else pressing to do! It had been a LOOOOOONG time since I’ve been on this so I didn’t mind I actually didn’t remember much of the queue or ride so it was great to experience again with someone who hadn’t at all!

Detailed trash cans!

Just love the details in Animal Kingdom!

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
Overall I think we waited 30-40 minutes, but it was well worth the wait…so Mike had said that we were going to be the lucky ones and not get wet when we first sat down (I think everyone heard him on the raft) because who ended up getting completely soaked? Yep the two of us. He had the whole raft laughing at that one…we actually rung our clothes when we got off…oh ya and I was wearing brand new shorts that I washed once…..so let me just say that when we got back to the resort later my thighs were blue…yep it was nice lol.

After our trip down the rapids, we headed on into the Maharajah Jungle Trek!

Looking at bats through a glass they are kinda cute…until my husband reminded me that we had some in our attic last summer! (luckily none this year since we got a new roof last fall!)

Heading into Tiger territory!

This cute cat was hanging out by the window!

I just want to take them home!

So pretty!!!

These next guys were cute too!

I love the paintings on the walls

Birdie!

I seriously loved this fountain!

Stood and listened to these two gentlemen for a bit..they were really good!

We were getting kind of hungry so we stopped at the Yak & Yeti! I have only heard good things about this place!

Mike got a side of Chicken friend rice and fries

I had the Sweet and Sour Chicken! They could have put the sauce on more evenly but other than that it was delicious!

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
After lunch we happened to be walking by the Flights of Wonder stage and it was just starting so we hopped right on in!

We were in the seating on the bleachers so it was hard to get good pictures, but the hawk flew right in front of us!

Bald Eagle!

After the show we went up to the stage to see some of the birds!

This owl was awesome!

Walked by this beauty on the way to Africa

I really wish that the new Harambe was open when we were there! I guess there is always next time

We headed down the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail!

All the blue fish!

Love these little guys!

Wilderness Explorers!

Gorilla!

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
Man, what a life these guys have

We had fastpasses for Kilimanjaro Safaris after the parade but since there was still plenty of time until then and the wait time was only posted at 10 minutes we couldn’t pass it up!

I’m so happy we did too because they had a wheelchair accessible safari vehicle ready to go (there was no wheelchair in there though) and had two spots left! So we were the lucky ones and we even had our own two seater in the first row! All the cast members & people on our safari (there were no young kids on it which was great!) made a big deal it being our anniversary but we loved it!

So our safari driver Megan was awesome!!!! Seriously she was the best I’ve ever had on a safari! The group behind us kept asking questions like is that tree real? At first she would say yes and then she would crack a few jokes about it without breaking that Disney magic, but still indicating the real answer we were looking for. It was a lot of fun!

Hippos!

Boy there sure is a lot of people on this 2 week safari!

Prepare for the onslaught of giraffe pictures…there was so many out and lively!

Baby!

There was also a few elephants out and about!

There rhinos were hilarious rolling around in the mud!

Unfortunately, there were no lions out in the middle of the afternoon…it was too hot for them! But what was also pretty cool was the fact that because we were in the wheelchair accessible vehicle we had to go through a backstage route. Nothing fancy, but it was really cool to bypass all the other vehicles! Thanks Megan for the great 2 week safari!

Apparently a lot had happened while we were away, there was a big dance party happening in the middle of Harambe!

It was getting real close to Parade time, the last time I would ever see Mickey’s Jammin Jungle Parade-it’s one of my favorites! We were right at the beginning where it was coming out from backstage where this lovely character was made for us!

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
We hung around the Tree of Life admiring the animals as the parade continued to go by

Simply beautiful

As we were just admiring the view, a kangroo hopped by and hung around! We were surprised!

The kangaroo is so cute!

Exploring the giftshop on the way out

One last look at the beautiful Tree of Life since this would be the only time we spend in Animal Kingdom, and to be honest out of the whole trip this was one of the most fun days we had (of course everyday we had a ton of fun but this day had the most!)

We definitely had a wild time!

We were making our way to the bus, when a beach club bus was just leaving…we tried to flag him down but no luck…buuut a boardwalk bus popped up just after! So us along with another family hopped on who were in the same situation. We sat in the back of the bus with them and another family. We had the best time, these two mothers were talking about being pregnant (one was actually pregnant with her third) the other lady had three kids as well. Sharing stories and also giving Mike and I advice since we were newly married. We laughed a lot and definitely made the bus ride that much better. We got off at the Boardwalk and walked back to the Beach Club together. It’s always nice to meet such nice people on vacation!

It was still early, so after refreshing in the room we took a bus to check out Downtown Disney! We looked for a Christmas ornament to celebrate our 1st anniversary but unfortunately there really wasn’t anything we liked so we passed…we have a ton of ornaments anyway!

Frozen Treats!

These precious moments are so darn cute!

These new mugs were really cute! I was tempted to get the Rapunzel one but I stopped myself.

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
To infinity and beyond!

We were going to eat at Downtown Disney but decided against it…it was busy! But I mean we got to see this sunset…it was worth it!

Look at all the boats I got in one picture!

We headed onto a bus back to the resort we decided to grab something to eat at the Boardwalk!

Cutting through the Yacht Club…so beautiful! But I like the décor of the Beach Club better

Our spot!

We watched the magician on the boardwalk and just grabbed a hot dog and some chicken fingers for dinner! Not the best of meal but it hit the spot!

We just sat and enjoyed the atmosphere…talking about how much we really missed the Boardwalk and that we wished we had stayed there…the grass is always greener on the other side right?

While we were sitting down we made a friend with a duck…we fed him some fry scraps (shhhhhh!) At some point he got a piece of a napkin stuck in his beak and he got close enough for Mike to help him out by taking it off…I was surprised!

Hmmm anyone guess what I named him after?

We headed back to the Beach Club and to bed….man we were sleepy!!!!! Tomorrow morning we had plans to really relax!

Stay tuned!

mrdrift

Awesome report and some really great pictures. Happy late anniversary by the way :p. The two of you seem to enjoying the time at the parks and thanks for sharing with us. Will be watching for more.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom