Trip Report Protect the Dolls!-Our 1st Anniversary Trip Report!

Jambo everyone! Welcome to another PartOfYourWorld trip report! I am very excited to be writing this report, seeing as we spent a WHOLE WEEK in Walt Disney World!!! We’ll cut right to the chase and get this thing started first with the basics…

Characters: Me-Jess-25 years old, Disney obsessed, who one day dreams of becoming an Imagineer & my husband-Mike-follows along with my Disney craziness & loves DC comics superheroes. We were married just over one year ago at Sea Breeze Point along the Boardwalk, and it was one of the most magical days of our lives! Here is a picture of us from our wedding last year in Disney (this is my favorite and Mom @LuvsTheMouse took it!)
IMG_7655_zpse1a2dc36.jpg

When: May 10th-18th, 2014

Home Sweet Home: Beach Club Resort

We’re Celebrating: Our 1 year wedding Anniversary!!!

Here we go!!!!!!

Saturday May 10th

Our day started at 8 am heading to the airport!!! We were there in plenty of time for our 10:55 am flight!

We were lucky to have a brand new 800 series plane on our flight down to Orlando, and an awesome exit row seat just with the two of us! And we had a really funny flight attendant to boot. Thank you Southwest for an awesome flight!

After waiting forever for our luggage, we were arriving at Disney’s Magical Express!

So so happy to see this sign again!

After a few stops we arrived at the Beach Club!! First time staying here for both of us!

For me I try to savor every second of this moment…walking into a Disney resort for the first time of every trip. It’s one of my favorite moments because you know you are about to have the trip of a lifetime every time!

Peeking up at some rooms!

We went through our check-in process without even going to a front desk. I thought it was pretty amazing. An attendant with his touch pad came up to ask asked us the usual questions,, we had already checked-in online and had our magicbands. He went and got our welcome package and we were on our way to our room in 5 minutes tops! It was really great!

I love the Beach Club Lobby, especially the smell! I loved walking through it every morning and coming home from the parks every night!

We went on our way to Room 3702! It was a decent walk from the elevators but we didn’t mind!

At first when I walked in, I wasn’t sure how I felt about it (it had nothing on the Boardwalk! Boardwalk is still number 1 in my book!) But after a day we loved it and didn’t take long to feel like home!

Double Sink!

I loved these seashell pillows!

Welcome Home Mickey!

DisneyMorgan

Happy late anniversary! :)
My husband and I went to Disney for our 1 year (which also counted as a late honeymoon :D) so this trip report brings back memories of my trip also!
LOVE LOVE your pics! Especially the ones of the parade! I can't wait until I can see it in person!

mrdrift

The report is really spectacular, and the pictures are really vibrant and has deep color to them. Can you tell me what camera and what kind of lens you are using for these pictures or even what software are you using to enrich these pictures? Following along.

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
Not a fan of chocolate cake? What is wrong with you?!? Just kidding! Festival of Fantasy is my new favorite parade. I absolutely loved it! Your pics were fantastic! I'm jealous you got to do the Star Wars meal! Can't wait to read more!

hahah I know! I'm weird. It is my new favorite parade too! We ended up watching it three times! We just couldn't get enough of it. Thank you for the kind words! The Star Wars meal was awesome!!!! Definitely worth doing! More coming right after this!

Love the parade pictures. And I swear, that Elsa has been working serious overtime. She is everywhere. You can tell from her nose that it's her - and she appears to be the Elsa who did opening week for the HS summer fun stuff.

Great Flynn Rider too! *swoon*

I also wish John Smith would meet in the parks. So I could steal him. I mean, everyone is going wild over the floppy hair of Kristoff, and he's not even that attractive. John Smith has been rocking it for years.

Thanks!!! Wow! There's a lot of Frozen things going on too at DHS so I'm surprised they have enough girls to play Elsa! Even though I think they could do better.

I completely agree! Though I love Kristoff, I would take John Smith any day over him in a heartbeat!!!!!

Haha! Great report, Jess! Not sure how I missed your report on the TR list when I looked this week!
Anyhoo, my wife and I went to the World for our 1 year too, it was right after the Lady's cruise in September, and we drew Flynn Ryder too! Mine wasn't as good as the wife's but we didn't have a seat and had to use the portable boards.

Great pics as usual! I'm enjoying everyone else's trips this year as I wasn't able to go in June(had our first child in May :D).

Can't wait for more!

Thank you for finding it!!! :)

I never even realized that they drew Flynn Rider...everytime I've gone before that it's usually Mickey, Donald, one of the fab five, I guess I was just never lucky enough!

Bummer you won't be going this year but congrats on the baby!!!!!!! That's exciting!!!!! I can see you will be taking the baby on the first trip next year!!!!

Wow! Great report and the pictures are fantastic! I am starving after going through these pics!

I am totally surprised - No Bruins/Pats/Sox/Celts gear at all?? I would have guessed at least something to represent :)

Happy belated Anny!

Thank you!!!!!!! That seems to happen everytime anyone posts food pics!!! I usually want everything!

I know!! I usually bring all my Disney gear to the parks because I have so much of it! Gotta include NASCAR gear in that too....I actually have more NASCAR clothing than Boston sports teams....

Thank you!

Great trip report! We were there the same time as you guys! What a great week of weather! Rained twice! We enjoyed the 2nd rainstorm from our balcony over at SSR with some cocktails :) Love the pictures from the parade! We missed that and I'm still kicking myself for it right now! Can't wait to see more! Looks like you guys definitely enjoyed your anniversary trip :)

Thank you!!!! That's awesome!! I'm glad to hear you guys had a great time too! It was such a great week!!! How is Saratoga Springs? I've never stayed there! Awww that's too bad you didn't get a chance! But that means always an excuse to go back! Not that anyone ever need ones anyway! ;) More coming soon!

The report is really spectacular, and the pictures are really vibrant and has deep color to them. Can you tell me what camera and what kind of lens you are using for these pictures or even what software are you using to enrich these pictures? Following along.

Thank you so much!!!! Means alot to me to hear good things about my pictures! My camera is a Canon ti4 Rebel and I still use the standard lens that came with the camera when I purchased it (18-135mm) I've wanted to venture out and use other lenses but just haven't yet. I am very happy with my camera though! As far as software, I barely do any editing besides trying to brighten the colors & crop the pictures. For that I just use the iPhoto on my Mac nothing special!Thanks for following!

Last edited:

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
Wednesday May 14th
I just wanted to start out today’s post by showing you that for two people we fully took advantage of being in a resort…I know this is not green AT ALL but we used every single towel we had most days LOL

Breakfast was bagels from the Marketplace and we had a seat we ate in that was becoming our every morning seat. We loved it. We really had no plans for today at all so we decided to take it slow and of course go see Festival of Fantasy again!

Seriously…I LOVE this view.

We took the time to smell the flowers at the entrance to International Gateway

Loved this stroll through EPCOT

Had to get a pic of the team I was rooting for…my dad’s home country of Portugal…but alas they did not make it past the group rounds….oh well

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
When we got to the TTC we decided to take the Ferry Boat over to the Magic Kingdom.

The Poly…the last time we were here was for the Princess it was where we stayed! We missed it! It’s our second favorite resort!

It’s amazing to see the difference in 3 months construction wise..

The beautiful Grand Floridian

We have arrived!

We had fastpasses booked for Space Mountain! Good thing, because the park seemed to be a little crowded today!

I attempted again, but I can never get it to come out right!

Holding onto my camera for dear life…I was in the front seat!

We made our way towards our next fastpass destination…

The Haunted Mansion!

We got stopped right in front of here, and got the best picture I’ve ever taken of this!!! (No flash of course!)

It looked like it was going to rain soon but we decided to take a spin on the Liberty Belle since it was pulling in as we were leaving the Haunted Mansion!

It started to drizzle as we boarded so we stayed dry on the second deck…I’d say this picture came out pretty perfect with a log coming down!

I love the views the Liberty Belle has!

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster

The sky didn’t look pretty in that direction!

Love the view of this from the Liberty Belle too!

It was really hot and sticky so we wandered into the Hall of Presidents! I knew Mike would like it, he loves things like this. The next show wasn’t for 15 minutes but we didn’t mind sitting in the AC!

We were pretty lucky because all of a sudden a massive crowd came in (of annoying grade school kids on a field trip too), it had just started to DOWNPOUR! I was so glad that we happened to miss it and were already inside.

Mike loved it! I have to admit, it had been so long since I’ve been into the Hall of Presidents that I actually really liked it! When we got out of the show it wasn’t raining anymore! We wandered over to Fantasyland to see if the Mine Train was open..but of course it wasn’t. Womp Womp Womp.

We wandered over to Frontierland to watch Festival of Fantasy parade.

We weren’t sure what was going to happen because it looked like rain again…and it actually stepped off about 15 minutes late. Notice anything different too?? No Swan dancers in the beginning!! So looks like rain was on the way and they were doing a rain shortened version.

In this spot it felt like we were sooo close to the floats!

Love Anna and Elsa!

LisaBelle

Love your flower shots- gorgeous! We loved the Festival of Fantasy parade, too. Sadly we never got to see the whole thing. We were running late our first day & missed the beginning. It was lightning on our only other MK day so the parade was delayed & we eventually left.

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
There’s Ulf!

Glad the Tangled Float was still in it! This is actually my lock screen picture right now..I love how Rapunzel looks back and waves back at Flynn. It’s so adorable!

Aaaaand guess whaaat…it is my favorite Flynn Rider!!!!! :inlove:

Love the detailed map!

OMG A WAND!

At least Maleficent was still there!

After Maleficent you can see that the Pinocchio float was missing and all the characters were in their normal outfits rather than their Festival of Fantasy outfits, even Mickey and Minnie!

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
Once the parade passed us we wandered over towards Big Thunder…and as soon as we did well there was a Big Thunder and they immediately closed the line…and all of a sudden it started pouring! We ran under this random path I’ve never noticed on the side of Splash Mountain that was sheltered from the rain.

We were wondering what happened to all the parade performers etc. I saw a few photos on twitter after the fact showing the floats in the rain…I felt bad for them!

Once the rain subsided a little bit, we debated about going back to the resort but we figured all the crowd was leaving with the storms and the threat for a few more maybe. So we decided to brave it out and we hit up the TTA!

I can’t believe we went on the next ride we did….he asked about Stitch’s Great Escape…I said it was the WORST ride EVER. Explained that it used to be Alien Encounter and he vaguely remembered it. So of course because I said I hated it he wanted to ride it…and we did. He remembered Alien Encounter while we were on the ride…and he agreed when we got out that Stitch’s sucked. LOL

Loved these pictures in Sir Mickey’s!

We went on our last fastpass for the day…Peter Pan!

Next, I suggested we go see if there was a long line for Merida because neither of us have met her before! And there actually wasn’t! We were just outside her area.

We were the first ones in the line outside when they closed the doors…unfortunately, someone had had an accident in there and they needed to clean it up....so the line took a little longer than we thought, but we didn’t mind.

We also ran into our friend @joanna71985 working there today! It was great to see her again after the girls’ cruise! We should have gotten a picture!

Love the detail here!

We loved this Merida! We had so much fun meeting with her!

She was great!

Next, Mike insisted that we go visit his fairies.

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
First up was Vidia…she was I don’t really know how to describe it, but she played her part well that was for sure…except I think she liked Mike more than me….oh and Mike couldn’t remember her name after and she was forever known as Vivian.

Next up was Tinkerbell…we didn’t think she was a very good one though. Oh well.

We continued into Adventureland..I had wanted to meet Aladdin and Jasmine but they were already gone for the night.

The CM watching over that spot saw me taking pictures and told us she was sorry we missed Aladdin and Jasmine but told us to pose like them and she would take a few pictures.

We continued on and wandered through to Fantasyland

And visited Ariel!

Still the Mine Train wasn’t opened…

We wandered to the side of the castle because we were waiting for some friends!

While we were waiting Suzy came by!

Our friends Courtney @enchanted_belle and her boyfriend Shaun came to visit with us for the night!!! Our first stop was some Tangled bathrooms where they showed me the hiding Pascals! Finally!!! I’ve been looking for these things forever!

We headed on into Frontierland and rode Splash Mountain and Big Thunder Mountain!

Us on Splash (pic courtesy of Courtney)

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
Big Thunder selfies! (Courtesy of myself)

After our rides we grabbed some popcorn for snack! I LOOOOOVE Disney popcorn!

We didn’t want to watch Wishes but wanted to stay for Celebrate the Magic…it had been a long day for us. We tried to find a space along Main Street.

We found our spot, just close enough to make a quick getaway after it was over!

We snuck out before Wishes started and we were actually able to watch it from the bus!!! It was kind of cool! But we were glad we weren’t fighting the crowds after Wishes. We had a great time with Courtney and Shaun and were happy they came out to spend some time with us!

We headed back to the Beach Club and relaxed because we had breakfast with the Princesses tomorrow!

We had this little elephant as a friend when we got back!

We were excited for the next day because we had two big ADRs!!! :D Stay tuned!

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
Love your flower shots- gorgeous! We loved the Festival of Fantasy parade, too. Sadly we never got to see the whole thing. We were running late our first day & missed the beginning. It was lightning on our only other MK day so the parade was delayed & we eventually left.

Thank you!!!! Awww bummer! Too bad you didn't get a chance to see it!!

OMG! Is it time for Vivian??

Just posted it! :)

PolynesianPrincess

JESS! YAY you started your TR! :)

Have you been practicing with your photography? Because your pictures are WAY better than they were in your last report! Not that they were bad at all, you've just come a long with with your pics! They're so vibrant and pretty. I love them!! Do you have any new lenses?

Love the pics of the Boardwalk. It was empty the morning we were there and it was awesome getting pics without people in them.

Teppan Edo reminds me of where we had lunch yesterday but TE is obviously way better because A - it's in Disney and B - the food just looks better. Ashley and I had a blast with you and Mike yesterday. So glad we get to hang out every few months :)

OK, I'm going back to read the rest :)

PartOfYourWorld

Original Poster
I saw! Does Mike miss Vivian? Does he need me to pass along a message for him? LOL. I love Vivian now! :p

haha he deeply misses Vivian!! LOL

JESS! YAY you started your TR! :)

Have you been practicing with your photography? Because your pictures are WAY better than they were in your last report! Not that they were bad at all, you've just come a long with with your pics! They're so vibrant and pretty. I love them!! Do you have any new lenses?

Love the pics of the Boardwalk. It was empty the morning we were there and it was awesome getting pics without people in them.

Teppan Edo reminds me of where we had lunch yesterday but TE is obviously way better because A - it's in Disney and B - the food just looks better. Ashley and I had a blast with you and Mike yesterday. So glad we get to hang out every few months :)

OK, I'm going back to read the rest :)

Hi Darolyn!!!!! Yes i did!!! :)

And actually, no I haven't been practicing with my photography like I wish I could. Thank you for the nice compliments!!! I loved how my pictures came out this time around. Unfortunately, I don't have any new lenses...they are just so darn expensive! I still have the same 18mm-35mm lens that came with the camera. My mom has a zoom, wide angle, and macro lens that she use to use on her old camera (not digital!) that fit on mine so I'm thinking about taking them up to NH in a few weeks and maybe on the cruise in December and trying them out seeing if I want to bring them when we go to Norway. As far as being vibrant I brightened the colors just a tad in the iphoto program on my Mac.That's all I did! SO thank you!!!

haha Teppan Edo is 10X better than what we had yesterday! I'm happy we live so close to each other so we can see each other every few months! :) I'm excited to see some penguins!!!!

It was nice getting to see you too! :)

Glad you were working there that day! :)

Scott10

"and he agreed when we got out that Stitch’s sucked."

Couldn't agree more after our family's first time experiencing this "attraction" in early July! Sometimes we all just have to learn the hard way.:) Looks like you had a wonderful trip and I look forward to reading more!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom