Proposal Ideas!!!

robynchic

Something important to note:

It is recommended to NOT do it in front of characters. The characters don't want to hear "no" and your heartbroken face. So unless you're absolutely positive, don't do it.

On the other hand, I heard that in May, a man asked his wife to renew their vows, 15 years after they were married, at Chef Mickey's for dinner. That time, the manager of the restaurant spoke to the captain of the characters, and the captain asked Mickey and Minnie if they would mind sneaking up behind the wife to do it. So unless they were on the brink of divorce, there would almost certainly be happy faces.
Actually, Minnie told me that when people in that part of the restaurant saw Mickey and Minnie together, they all turned around (you NEVER see them together in the restaurant unless there's something special going on). When the man dropped to his knee, that section of the restaurant was quiet, and there was an explosion of applause and whistling when she agreed.

ImagineAtl23

I know !

Propose to her during/right after WISHES in Magic Kingdom,

Sunset on polynesian hill/grounds.

The same as the first but with the EPCOT fireworks show.

Good luck man, i wanna propose and maybe even get married in WDW too.

Rogue71371

Hey There,

I proposed to my wife at Narcossees at the Grand Floridian. I had my father go the restaurant 15 minutes before my wife and I arrived and had the hostess informe the waiter to bring over an Alladians lamp that he left with her (yes I trusted the Cast Members with the ring!)

When they brought our dessert the lamp was with it. The instruction card on the lamp instructed her to hand the lamp to me, I rub it make a wish (it was that she says YES) and then hand it to her and she does the same. Then she lifts off the lid, and dangling at the end of a gold string is the ring.

I then got on one knee, proposed, (she said yes) and we ate our dessert (with slightly shaking hands)

The waiter then brought over a bottle of champagne on the house.

DISNEY ROCKS!!! And Congrats!

Nemesis394

Account Suspended
WDW_Sam said:
That sounds cool... I'm not sure if i would prefer a private proposal, or a huge public proposal. But i couldn't bear her saying "NO" in front of all those people. LOL

Sam

she wont say no in public, shell say yes in public, and then tell you no when you get back to the hotel :lol: just kidding

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
I used to work at Cirque Du Soleil and if you contact the Box Office Manager (i can get you the number) before your trip, they can help you plan something. I've seen everything from a CM brining a silver tray w/champagne (sp??) with the ring hidden in a clown-nose to the cirque cast being involved.

~heather
Former DTD WDWCP CM (2003-2004)

crzyknapkins18 said:
i'm going to propose to my g/f in May when we go down, and i just wanted to know if anyone has any good suggestions on how i can do it. i really want to do it in front of the castle either day or night, doesnt matter. just wanna know anybody's input.

sam_elphick

My Step dad proposed to my mum on the drop of ToT. :p and she luved it. if you are a very jokey couple go for that. if your very lovey dovey go for the castle. :sohappy:

Yensid74

I was able to pull off an incredible proposal to my girlfriend with the help of some very helpful cast members.
My g/f at the time was working at the Grand. I had flown all of her family and my family and had them hidden at the all stars. Normally the Contemporary is their home away from home but that would not do as they are well know around property and she could possibly run into them at anytime. I also had them use aliases and to not alert her in case she saw their ame in the computer.
It was planned that a cast member would inconspicuously pick us out of the line for a "magical moment" and take us on a behind the scenes tour of the Haunted Mansion...our favorite ride. Once in the MK I excused myslef to the restroom so I could call my helper and tell her what we had on so she would know who to pull out of the line. Meanwhile by this time all of our family was already waiting at the mansion for our arrival. She had no idea what was going on!
So we make our way as usual to the mansion as we do each time were in the Mk. I recognize mt cast member helper and she starts to walk towards us. She then tall us we have been selected for said "magical moment". My g/f looks at me kinda like"we shouldnt do this"..she didnt feel right taking a moment from a possible guest I was like" well lets just see what its about."
We make our way into the cast member entrance and wait while the foyer empties and we make our way inside. This is the very first room with the fireplace and the changing portrait. We are in there all by ourselves! How cool! Meanwhile our families are on the other side the sliding door in the stretch room. Well the spiel ends and the door slides back to open up our next way in. Our families were facing the wall so she would not see them immediately and ruin the surprise. We make our way to the middle of the room and everybody turns around! You shoudlve seen the look on her face! It was absolutely priceless! That alone made it worthwhile.
She then blurts out"what are you all doing here: after she gets in some hugs and turns around to look at me. Its just our families and us in the stretch room; then I proceded to one knee and proposed to her! And of course she said yes! It was truly a magical moment. The time was about 8:20 now and after a few tears and more hugs we proceded to the front of the park. Keep in mind the last parade had just ended and it was very crowded. She starts heading for the monorail thinking that was it but NOOOOO! I rabbed her by the hand and lead her to where the Grand One was docked. We all boarded for a celebration with drinks and food and we had it all to ourselves!
The captain and crew of the Grand One are really the best at what they do. They tok us around both lagoons around the Contemporary and Bay lake and then back in front of the MK. Then they stoped right in front of the MK and we watched the fireworks from the yacht. It could not have gone any better! After the fireworks we went back to the Contemporary where everyone had been moved to and continued the celebration. It would have never been possible if it werent for all te helpful cast members and the crew of the Grand One! Props to Janet, Al, kathy and everyone else at the Contemp!
And that is the story of my proposal at Disney! We have been fortunate enough to be able to do many other things at Disney that most people dont even realize you can do! And it never hurts to ask! http://forums.wdwmagic.com/images/smilies/wave.gif
:wave:

LeeSeeBabe

Come on ya'll, you are making me JEALOUS. I don't think my boyfriend will know better to propose at Disney: the one place I'd want to be for my proposal. Someone needs to knock some sense into him. :lol:

melbatoast

Wow. All the suggestions have been taken up I guess. :p All I know is there are obviously some pretty lucky girls out there. I'm sure she'll say(said?) yes.

DDuck1974

I have to second the suggestion to propose in front of Cinderella's Wishing Well next to the Castle. I proposed to my wife there and got down on one knee. It was very private and romantic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom