Proposal Ideas!!!

crzyknapkins18

Original Poster
i'm going to propose to my g/f in May when we go down, and i just wanted to know if anyone has any good suggestions on how i can do it. i really want to do it in front of the castle either day or night, doesnt matter. just wanna know anybody's input.

Halfling418

ooooo

There are SO many different ways to do it.

Funny ways: Right before the drop during Splash Mountain, or before the drop in ToT.

Public ways: in a restaurant--romantic would be in one of the EPCOT World Showcase ones
--you could see if a cast member could help you out, or maybe even a character, I dunno, be creative

Semi-private: during a fireworks show, around finale time, right near the end
--or you could find a secluded place that looks beautiful or romantic (like a fountain or such)
--of course there's the castle! you could propose like Prince Charming :kiss:

*It all depends on which is her favorite park, ride, attraction, movie, area, etc.--a place like that is a good idea

day and night each have their advantages--day=cheery and bright, night=calmer and romantic--it depends on her personality

Haha, it's so fun for me to do this because WDW is where I want to get my proposal, someday :D

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Proposing in front of the castle... been there, done that. :lol: It went over very well, btw. It's gotta be one of the best ways to propose. I recommend doing it at night, it just seems to be a bit more magical that way, especially if a fireworks show is starting soon! (again, been there, done that.... ;) )

dandaman

A good public way to propose would probably be a half-hour before Fantasmic!, because:
1. There is a huge crowd.
2. That huge crowd is videotaping.
3. That same huge crowd will undoubtedly have been waiting for something interesting to happen for an hour and a half. :lol:

mikei22a

proposals

Disney doesn't offer it anymore (as far as i know ) but i proposed to my wife through a special package they used to offer. They roped off the rose garden at the Magic Kingdom and set up a velvet love seat with 2 tables at each end with a dozen red roses, chocolates, sparkling cider, and cCnderella's glass slipper in front of the old swan boat landing. We got an invitation for a "tea party" with Mickey and Minnie when we checked in at our resort for that day. She had no idea. It was very romantic, and in public but also secluded enough. So every trip we go to the landing in the rose garden and remember that special day. You may be able to call WDW and see if they have anything similar.

Ralph Wiggum

Account Suspended
If you want it quiet, score an early breakfast reservation in the MK. get there early, you'll have Main ST. to yourself. It's the only time we've ever had pics of Cindy's castle and the 'Partners' statue with no one else around. It's a very special time of morning, and I'm not a very sentimental kind of guy. good luck.

askmike1

Romantic- Watch Wishes somewhere where it's not as crowded but you can still get a good view (in front of the castle). Right before the final note (after they say the final "your wish will come true") they air launch the two single fireworks. At this moment propose (ideally, pretty fast). After the drumroll (and she says yes) the final fireworks will explode above the castle.

Surprise- Go to MK early in the morning, go straight to the castle (before the huge crowds arrive) and propose right there.

Funny- I agree with the drop on the tower of terror. Right when you enter the drop shaft (when the guy says "in the tower of terror") whisper your proposal. It sure would be pretty funny.

-Michael

WDW_Sam

There is a really nice restuarant inside the castle (as captain hook said), which gives you a fantastic view of fantasyland, of course its up to you. But i would recommend that restuarant, it seems like the ideal place to me. The timing and the way its done it up to you. (Be CoOl)

(What do i know about marriage?? I'm only 15!! LOL)

Sam

Dizzknee

I don't post much but I can't resist to tell the story when I get a chance ;)

I proposed as Wishes started near the castle in a quiet area where there was not too many people. Perfect view of the castle and the show.

When wishes started the timing could not have been better. The words, the song, the firework and the proposal all just went together so perfectly. She cried, like I've never seen her cry before

^^^ avatar captures the moment she said yes ;)

dr_teeth90210

My friend and his then girlfriend(now fiance) were cast as extras for Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular. He proposed to her in front of everyone in the stadium. The crowd went nuts.

Not exactly a private proposal but definetely one worth remembering.

Indi even gave him his hat at the end of the show.

WDW_Sam

That sounds cool... I'm not sure if i would prefer a private proposal, or a huge public proposal. But i couldn't bear her saying "NO" in front of all those people. LOL

Sam

DiPSU224

askmike1 said:
Romantic- Watch Wishes somewhere where it's not as crowded but you can still get a good view (in front of the castle). Right before the final note (after they say the final "your wish will come true") they air launch the two single fireworks. At this moment propose (ideally, pretty fast). After the drumroll (and she says yes) the final fireworks will explode above the castle.

That's almost how my proposal was. My fiance waited until the end when they say "Now lets all put our hearts together and make a wish come true" and he dropped to his knee. He timed it perfectly :)

Thorphin

I don't know if you've already left on your trip, but I thought I would throw in my idea...

The beach at the Polynesian has some nice semi-private lounge chairs and is a great place to watch the Electric Water Pageant on the lake. The castle is the background and after the water parade, it's nice and calm, quiet, and really beautiful with the castle twinkling and the reflections on the lake. I proposed to my wife on that beach as we were laying in each other's arms, relaxing after a long day, and she was so excited, she immediately jumped up to get a good look at the ring under the light on the footpath. :) That was the same ring I had in my pocket all day at the parks... "nonono, honey, I want to walk on <i>this</i> side of you... you can put your hand in <i>that</i> pocket. hehe Good times... We're excited to be able to enjoy a similar evening next month now that we are married.

She still tells people about the proposal, so it was definitely unique and memorable for her. Congratulations on your engagement!

DisneyFan1003

mikei22a said:
Disney doesn't offer it anymore (as far as i know ) but i proposed to my wife through a special package they used to offer. They roped off the rose garden at the Magic Kingdom and set up a velvet love seat with 2 tables at each end with a dozen red roses, chocolates, sparkling cider, and cCnderella's glass slipper in front of the old swan boat landing. We got an invitation for a "tea party" with Mickey and Minnie when we checked in at our resort for that day. She had no idea. It was very romantic, and in public but also secluded enough. So every trip we go to the landing in the rose garden and remember that special day. You may be able to call WDW and see if they have anything similar.

I did the same thing! And, unfortunately, they don't offer that service anymore. Sad, because it was such an unbelieveable way to propose. Even though you can't get Disney quite as involved, I still recommend the boat dock in the Rose Garden. Fantastic views of the castle and fireworks, and it is ususally pretty quiet down there. You may also be able to talk to a cast member and see if they can help you out by taking pictures. In fact, that was part of the set-up when I proposed to my wife. We had the invitation to a "dessert reception" down there as the cover. We were posing for a picture when I got down on one knee and asked her to marry me. If you have a video camera, this might be a cool way to capture the moment on video. I know our family and friends loved being able to see the tape and share the moment. Just give your camera/video to a cast member and ask them to take some shots of you and then do your thing! Another idea that I had, before finding out about the Fairytale Engagements, was to wait until SpectroMagic was about to start, when the streets are cleared. Talk to a nearby cast member and tell them what you want to do. See if they can get out out in the middle of Main Street, right before the music starts, and ask in front of everyone! Best of luck! I know that moment was the beginning of our fairytale...and the magic continues!

clairevfm

My now husband proposed to me at Wishes. He had it all planned during the day went went and threw a dime into the moat and then made a wish each at the very beginning of the day. By the end of the day I had forgotten all about it and then we stood watching the fireworks and he asked me if my wish had come true. I told him I couldn't tell him and then he asked me to make his wish come true and asked me to marry him. It was fabulous all of the fireworks going off around us and the fact that he had planned it all throughout the day was great. That was Jan 2004 and we were married by November 2004. Off back for our wedding aniversary in Nov this year. Can't wait to watch Wishes all over again. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom