Primeval World diorama refurb

NiarrNDisney

And our RR passes by Big Thunder, our Monument Valley complete with mountain goats. Well it is not exactly Western River Expedition - now that would've made DL's Grand Canyon look like a children's railroad set!

Wish there would've been something to see along the long, empty FL track. Or near Tomorrowland.

I agree they could really use some atmosphere and other things to look at besides trees, resorts, and poorly hiden back areas.
I always thought it would have been nice if they took the character statues from the now closed Camp Minnie Mickey and moved them to the wooded area as you're entering the Fantasyland Circus area.

Thumper14

Original Poster
The problem with the dinosaurs in Universe of Energy is that they suffer the same fate as nearly all animatronics at WDW in the last decade; poor maintenance and virtually non-existent refurbishments. Here's a video showing just the dinosaur portion of Universe of Energy.

Many of the dinosaurs barely move, they're just static creatures with sound effects. Those that do move are left with just an occasional mouth movement or eye blink, and/or their movements are herky-jerky and have obviously lost their full range of motion and effects. It's really quite sad.

I always used Ellen's ride as a napping place, never paid much attention to the dinos there.

Figments Friend

Yeah, it is indeed a real kick in the head when a EPCOT fan visits Disneyland and sees those fabulous dinos in the Primeval World diorama.
I will always remember my first time seeing them on my 2nd visit to the Park.
They looked even better in that setting then the upper placement at *Universe of Energy*.

I adore DLs Primeval World diorama.
So freaking cool...and it*s just...there.
One of the great hidden treasures that make DLR my first choice now for my *Disney fix*.

Thumper14

Original Poster
Has anyone seen the improvements on Primeval World? I can hardly wait until I get there.
Last year went WDW twice and Uni once, do not ask me how that happen. But all three trips were very fun. On our last trip to WDW in November we had a first timer with us, my son's new fiancé. He proposed to her in front of the Castle during our visit. My husband was anxious to take her on the DRR, and was disappointed that he forgot the Grand Canyon and Primeval world were only at DLR. I guess this November we should try to take her to DLR. Our upcoming April trip is just for us to celebrate our 34 anniversary.

Return to Disneyland, Anaheim  

Mukta

I rode the train last night at the special event just so I could update this thread. Grand Canyon was open (still a couple of bunnies missing), but the Primeval World is still behind a tarp. The conductor also killed the narration and music, so we rode through that part in silence. They said it would be open next week, but after reading this thread, they have been saying that for a while. I'll go again next week and let you guys know.

Thumper14

Original Poster
I rode the train last night at the special event just so I could update this thread. Grand Canyon was open (still a couple of bunnies missing), but the Primeval World is still behind a tarp. The conductor also killed the narration and music, so we rode through that part in silence. They said it would be open next week, but after reading this thread, they have been saying that for a while. I'll go again next week and let you guys know.
Thank you! Hopefully this means they are giving the area the TLC it needs. I can hardly wait to hopefully see it back to its original glory or maybe even better.

Thumper14

Original Poster
I saw on the Disney Wait lounge the Dinosaurs are back. They did not elaborate on the new refurbs. Let me know what you see, please. I am so curious.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom